Films I've just watched 2018

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Sly Boots
MILF

Re: Films I've just watched 2018

Postby Sly Boots » Sat May 19, 2018 9:02 pm

Was that aimed at me? Haven't seen it yet, will probably be a couple of weeks before we can get together to go see it. Avoiding spoilers, but glad it's good!
My face is tired.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Sun May 20, 2018 11:13 am

Prey wrote:Glad you are both ok. When are you going to try and see it again Alan?

Well she was up the docs yesterday, her arm was all swollen but she'll live ;) Odeon did offer us free popcorn....... Time to complain a lot and see if they'll make a better offer than that ¬______¬

Probably go again next week but I think we might see Avengers first because I think it would be ending its run sooner.

And on preparing for that....
Black Panther
Oh man thats some ropey CG! Good characters and its cool we finally have a non-white centric Marvel movie but the lead guy was so dull! It was all the women around him stole the show. Andy Serkis is one of the highlights, hes having so much fun!
I really feel they missed a trick.......
Spoiler: show
not leaving him dead and letting his sister take the magic flower thing and herself become the panther. That would have been kind of awesome!
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

can't think of one

Postby can't think of one » Sun May 20, 2018 11:28 am

Free popcorn? That's it? :lol:

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Sun May 20, 2018 1:44 pm

Maybe take a hat or some other kind of protective head gear next time.

What did the guy that got hit on the head get, aside from mild concussion? He must have at least got a hot dog.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sun May 20, 2018 2:42 pm

At the showing we went to they were also selling exclusive DP2 merch in the form of tshirts at £15 a pop, my son bought one what with it being his birthday and all.

One thing I neglected to mention in my last post was I was surprised at how little I actually laughed during the first act or so, at first I was thinking it was just because it wasn't all that funny but it soon dawned on me that it was what made the original so funny on a near constant level was because of just how different it was at the time. The sequel doesn't want to play the clown every single minute nor does it need to as there's more than enough clever movie/comic references that while not raising a laugh per se will make you think to yourself ahh very clever from time to time. One I remembered last night was how the film at one point directly referred to Deadpool creator Rob L who has a track record in the comic industry and even his own fanbase for not being able to draw character's feet for jack shit and always covered them up with bits of land or rocks etc. You would only get that reference if you were a comic collector which I used to be but there's plenty more if you are just into movies.

Again the film carries off in so many different directions moment to moment but it does them all very well indeed. Just don't expect to be wiping tears away from your eyes with your cheeks hurting for the first 20-30 minutes. It does come though I assure you.
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon May 21, 2018 12:00 pm

Going to see Deadpool 2 tonight, looking forward to it.

Offering only popcorn for the accident is pretty shocking. Glad she wasn't too seriously hurt.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Tue May 22, 2018 6:00 pm

Infinity War
When Guardians (minus Spacelord) or Thor weren’t on the screen I was kind of bored. I hope they have the balls to keep that ending and not roll it back but the fact there’s a time stone make the whole thing feel lacking in threat. That’s about all I have to say except he does look like the baby of a pirate and an angel.

Thank you sweet rabbit.

Edit: oh actually, the lack of consistency on people’s abilities is annoying, Strange could have took his arm at literally any second. Oh and the dumb glove off bit. Oh and stupid decisions like we have an army of people mowing down the enemy with guns but fuck it, let’s go hand to hand!

Should have just made Guardians 3 with Thor :p

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Thu May 24, 2018 2:18 pm

Watching Solo after work. I am full of trepidation. I think best case it will be a fun, mostly pointless romp, worst case it's another Crystal Skull.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu May 24, 2018 3:11 pm

I've seen a couple of decent reviews for it, I don't think it's a train wreck by any means.
My face is tired.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Thu May 24, 2018 6:44 pm

Solo

You’re right, it’s not a train wreck. It’s... decent. Fine. Inoffensive. There a couple of terrible moments but otherwise it plods along and delivers expected fan service with an occasional bout of fun. The guy playing Han is no Harrison Ford, nor is he a disaster. Donald Glover as Lando is pretty great. And Chewie is Chewie, of course. Woody Harrelson’s and Emilia Clarke’s characters are not especially interesting, whereas Paul Bettany plays a pretty good antagonist.

It’s very middling. Star Wars pulp is the best way I can describe it, and that’s not an inherently bad thing, I just hope the inevitable sequel is a bit more daring.

7/10
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Mournblade

Postby Mournblade » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:27 pm

Gods of Egypt

I am not quite sure what to make of this. It is the central narrative from ancient Egyptian mythology -- the slaying of Osiris by his brother Set, and Osiris' son Horus' battle with Set to avenge his father -- retold in a CGI action-fest that blurs the lines between epic fantasy and science fiction.

Some pretty non-stop spectacular effects and interesting concepts, with okay TV show actors doing their best to take it all seriously.

It was entertaining and visually stunning, so I will give it 6/10.
Last edited by Mournblade on Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:34 pm

Went to the cinema to see it and slept through at least half of it :lol:

Mournblade

Postby Mournblade » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:05 am

Actually, I too almost fell asleep myself about half way through! I had to sit bolt upright to stay awake.

I think it will be one of those films that grows worse in one's memory, rather than better.

Also, in the real myth, while Set does gouge out Horus' eye (only one of them), Horus rips off Set's testical! There follows a major sub-plot about which of the two gods can get his semen inside the other. Strangely, this wasn't featured in the film... :-k

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:27 pm

Deadpool 2
Well that was just fantastic. Can’t think of a time I laughed more in the cinema. The first 20mins or so were intermittent chuckles, smart but a little tired feeling. The rest though is just so much bloody fun! It was rare for ten minutes to pass without a proper belly laugh. I should go watch the first again because I'm currently if the opinion this is probably better. Maybe the best marvel film? :O

You know the last film I remember laughing so much at was also a Ryan Reynolds joint, The Voices.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:12 pm

Just got back from Deadpool 2 as well!

Loved it. As you say Evol, it was hilarious. I've watched good comedies where I haven't laughed as hard or as often as that.
My face is tired.

PreviousNext

Return to TV & Film