Postby Wolfy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:47 pm

Another Mr Plinkett review. Yippeeee! ^___^
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Sly Boots
MILF

Re: Star Wars - Episode 7

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:52 pm

I only pray this clears up the biggest question all Star Wars fans have from the prequels - just what were the events leading up to the trade embargo at the start of Phantom Menace? Was it a squabble over VAT, or a disagreement over the cost of exporting Gungan arts and crafts? An incorrectly completed form?

Lucas knows what the fans want.
My face is tired.

Tank

Postby Tank » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:52 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/d ... ion-384448

4 Biliion!!

But as I have discussed with some of my friends, IF Disney choose to follow the "Thrawn" trilogy and then expand into the new republic saga then I think that's great. I think it could potentially usher in a new era of Star Wars canon that people are more familiar with that doesn't feel like it was thought of on the day of filming. Speaking as a huge fan (both figuratively and literally) of ALL things Star Wars I am going to keep a very open mind on what happens here.

Its utterly debatable whether Marvel could have produced the excellent films AND the sublime Avengers tie in picture without Disney's backing, it also seems the George will take a step back from all things "Wars" which I have to admit with a heavy heart can only be a good thing.

I shall be keeping an eye on this with great interest.
Prey wrote:Reminds me of school when I asked to borrow someone's football, said no and then laughed and said ok. Told them to shove it.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:17 pm

There's a ridiculous amount of post Battle of Endor material to use (though I only have a basic knowledge of it), but would they use an existing storyline? Didn't Lucas already have the plots for 9 Star Wars films when he started the original trilogy?

Tank

Postby Tank » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:27 pm

I think he only had 1-6.

The Thrawn trilogy is incredible and leaves the new trilogy in the dust.
Prey wrote:Reminds me of school when I asked to borrow someone's football, said no and then laughed and said ok. Told them to shove it.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:30 pm

I was under the impression that the extended universe wouldn't be considered as canon if Lucas made a film that clashed with it. Or that there's a specific period in the franchise timeline which the extended stuff isn't allowed to touch because those years are reserved for future films. One or the other at least.

Anyways, with regards to another film, for now I'll just roll with: Oh dear God. Please, George, not another one.

Tank

Postby Tank » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:34 pm

I think now if they have any sense they will just let other people roll with something established in EU cannon or just try something new. I personally dont have that much of a beef with what George has done with Star Wars and still firmly believe its far too fashionable to do so, BUT I do think that over the past 3 years its become clear that Star Wars is being received far more positively when directed/written by someone else.

Case and point the Old Republic cinematics.

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:36 pm

I'm not quite sure how the prequel trilogy can be considered canon because they don't make any sense whatsoever. Best to just ignore them. ¬_¬

I did it with the film after Alien 3, YOU CAN TOO.
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Tank

Postby Tank » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:40 pm

I think they do make sense people just prefer to think they don't....although as I type this it occurs to me that was probably what you meant. Egg on face time... #-o

Mmmmm eggs...

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:42 pm

Tank wrote:The Thrawn trilogy is incredible and leaves the new trilogy in the dust.

To be fair, there was shedloads of potential in the new trilogy too, but it just wasn't capitalised on, and they were badly produced.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:45 pm

Wolfy wrote:I'm not quite sure how the prequel trilogy can be considered canon because they don't make any sense whatsoever. Best to just ignore them. ¬_¬

There was a third film?
My face is tired.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:49 pm

Wake up, Sly. It was, like, the best one. :P

That one after it wasn't bad either.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:50 pm

I appreciate the overarching story 1-3, its the individual scenes and characters that are bloody awful.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:51 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
Wolfy wrote:I'm not quite sure how the prequel trilogy can be considered canon because they don't make any sense whatsoever. Best to just ignore them. ¬_¬

There was a third film?

I like the way you think! :D
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Next

Return to TV & Film