The Walking Dead Season 6 on Fox

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Animalmother

Re: The Walking Dead Season 6 on Fox

Postby Animalmother » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:39 pm

Last couple of episodes of this have been pretty solid with some good action. The group are basically getting more brutal and less compassionate, they seem to be doing a good job of wiping out any competition from other survivors.

can't think of one

Postby can't think of one » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:32 am

Animalmother wrote:Some great looking zombies in that episode as well.

you got issues ¬_¬

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:01 am

can't think of one wrote:

you got issues ¬_¬

You should watch Dead Girl 8)
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:51 pm

eVoL wrote:
can't think of one wrote:

you got issues ¬_¬

You should watch Dead Girl 8)

Seen it, a wee bit fucked up it is too.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:19 pm

Latest..
Spoiler: show
Awww, I liked her character. I also have no idea who the scared guy was :?

Emaharg

Postby Emaharg » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:57 pm

Animalmother wrote:Latest..
Awww, I liked her character. I also have no idea who the scared guy was :?

Dwight, he was the guy that took Daryl's crossbow, and in the comics is Negan's right hand man. The scar is kind of important, I hope they mention that in the future.

can't think of one

Postby can't think of one » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:10 am

Finally catching up with this show....My suspension of disbelief is completely gone! There is no fucking way

That Abraham would dump Rosita for Sasha ¬_¬

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:27 am

True dat.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:27 pm

Testify

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:54 pm

Since the series has now caught up to the comics I've read, ordered a bunch of compendiums to get ahead again and the brand new one's here next week. No idea what the rights issues are but hopefully Spike/CH5 have stumped up for Fear The Walking Dead as well as s6 and will just show it right after they finish the main show.

Since s6 hadn't finished when I took the NOW TV trial I didn't bother bingeing on it without the end where I know what's going to happen but they will do a variation on the comics. Should still be good whenever I catch up to it.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:18 pm

So I think the latest was the last in the season...

Haven't read the comic but I believe this is where Glen finally gets his end. Then again they might go a different route and pick one of the others.

If you have Netflix and set it to the US version they have up to season 5 of this.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:59 pm

Having followed this from day 1 dare I say this, I am beginning to get bored of this when this happened

Glen non death when it looked very much he died, which he should of done

The edginess of Season 1 has gone. None of the characters feel threatened. I must admit i was surprised when

that plump female doctor got crossbowed

..but it took ages until something like that happened. The walkers no longer inspire fear. They just feel like a nuasance. I dunno maybe if u survived long enough in that universe, walkers do become less threatening
Games playing : Alan Wake American Nightmare / Warlock Of Firetop Mountain / Orcs Must Die / 2000:1 A Space Felony

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:28 pm

I know what you mean mate. I think the only reason I'm still watching it is because I have been from episode one.

While the zombie effects have been getting better and better with each season they do feel like an afterthought in some episodes. I guess even if it is a very popular show it still has a pretty small budget so all out crazy zombie fights only happen a couple of times per season.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:33 am

I thought that the second half of this season opened really well, the resolution of the 'battle of Alexandria' was really well done - one of the big zombie battles you mention.

From there though, it plummeted. Discussion on the end of S6 behind the spoiler tag:

The problem was I think that they decided Negan was going to be held back until the end of te season, meaning they had effectively 7 episodes of padding.

In the graphic novel, Negan turns up and catches Rick & co as they are leaving Hilltop, delivers his spiel about their now working for him and giving him half of everything, before braining Glenn - out of the blue and it is done, and done nastily. There was no pre-amble, no mystic enemy that just happened to know that on that day the group would need to get to Hilltop to see the doctor, no prescient ability to anticipate every road they would take then materialise in the middle of the woods directly in their path.

The series has lost it’s edge. Time was, characters died with no lead-up – something would happen and *bang* they are gone. The whole thing with Glenn surviving his apparent death was weak, then 7 episodes of Negan’s arrival being telegraphed and teased, only to finish on a pathetic cliffhanger where you don’t find out who has been killed off… They have moved to dangling key character deaths in front of the viewer then yanking them away, and it is an approach that just kills the show for me.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:43 am

great summary Snowy. The problem lies with the fact the producers are taking too much attention to the internet and fan boys.

Please don't kill this character

Please don't kill that character

So no one gets killed. Carol is looking like she will never die, nor is Daryl. What the producers need to do is bite the bullet and start killing major characters off, otherwise what is the point in watching is all the side characters or those with half season die. Fan boys be damned, the reason why The Walking Dead was so compelling was that characters did die and the risks were greater
When Rick and co. took on what looked like 500+ zombies and won it was a totally :roll: moment. Zero risk. Also that whole Glen thing pissed me off.

I might do some research on ratings and I would not be surprised to find that they have dropped. Will keep watching but if they do not take risks I might give up after season 7

Game Of Thrones is where it is at. 7 or 8 seasons and it is over and no one is safe
Games playing : Alan Wake American Nightmare / Warlock Of Firetop Mountain / Orcs Must Die / 2000:1 A Space Felony

PreviousNext

Return to TV & Film