The Walking Dead Season 6 on Fox

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Asherons

Re: The Walking Dead Season 6 on Fox

Postby Asherons » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:27 pm

Achtung Englander wrote:
Spoiler: show
Lets bring back Morales

he does a superb monologue speech. I am thinking "this is great - he could be triggering emotions that Rick had not felt in 2 years. I am looking forward to seeing how this develops"

Then Daryl turns up and shoots him in the head with an arrow

and I am like...................................what ???

The producers of this show are making some pretty stupid decisions now. Even the poor actor who turned up on the Talking Dead cannot fathom why he was brought back for 5 mins. They could have done so much with his character. This is fucking dumb now.

If this does not radically improve soon I am done with this show. I am giving it 2 to 3 more episodes

Yeah you are 100% correct, .bringing back Morales was something I saw as being able to pull the show back to a season 1 type of mentality if that makes sense. Instead they make a big deal out of an old char comiing back and then boop. was a huge waste of an opportunity.

Not sure if y'all watching Fear the Walking Dead but the way they killed off a main character in that also shows they have no imagination and seemed more like they are just trying to cut the budget by dropping some of the more known actors.

STuG

Postby STuG » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:45 pm

In contrast, that death actually took me entirely by surprise.

No sign posting, no endless teasing about something 'big' shaking characters to the core, no cringe worthy cliff hanger.

Just the fickle, random, capricious nature of death. This show (FTWD) does a far better job of a real sense of danger to all the cast. I had no idea if at least three of the main players would survive the situation in the season finale. The main show on the other hand has zero tension. I know Rick will survive, there isn't any sense of peril for him in any scene no matter how red rimmed his cookie monster eyes get or how sweaty his hair even when a .50 Cal is pouring rounds through his jeep. Or Carol or Darryl (until those actors decide to move into other things) Carl also is wrapped in plot armour. The rest of the minor characters are so paper thin I don't really care about them.

I felt more empathy with the death of a CGI tiger than any humans in the endless A Team inflected 'battle' I had to endure over three tortuous episodes.

I know it's a subjective thing but I prefer every single aspect of 'Fear...' over the main show.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:44 am

Yes! The A-team! That sums it up nicely.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:44 am

STuG wrote:I know Rick will survive, there isn't any sense of peril for him in any scene no matter how red rimmed his cookie monster eyes get or how sweaty his hair even when a .50 Cal is pouring rounds through his jeep.

Sorry to correct you STuG but I think you mean, even when a .50 Cal is pinging rounds off his windshield as he lazily weaves left and right. That was an insta-death scenario as anyone with half a brain left uneaten knows, hell they even reinforced it by starting the show with Ezekiel's dismembered army reanimating, but no, not if you are Rick Grimes... #-o
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

STuG

Postby STuG » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:20 am

You are indeed correct sir. I did neglect to mention the top tier, death cheating evasive driving with clearly a 'Wayne Industries' prototype windscreen retro fitted from an abandoned Batmobile.

Probably due to repeated face palms whilst watching the scene. This is now 'series link' fodder to catch up on.

'The Punisher' is taking its place now. Huzzah! :D

Previous

Return to TV & Film