The Walking Dead Season 6 on Fox

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Animalmother

Re: The Walking Dead Season 6 on Fox

Postby Animalmother » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:31 pm

New episode isn't too bad, not very exciting but not bad. I'm already tired of Negan as a character though.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:25 am

It is bizarre. This week's was OK but they are doing exactly what I expected.

It is almost as if they have an excitement ration each season, that they think they can only put so much good content in.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:43 am

Thought it was a great episode myself which only served to cement the fact that surviving is just as being fucked as being turned. Being 'Negan' is to survive but at the expense of everything you loved and everything you once were.

Far better than the shit sandwich that was the previous episode.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:38 am

I dont understand the desire for every episode to be cranked up to the max. One of my favorite things about TWD is theres a whole lot of downtime just surviving. Theres some lameness sure (CGI tiger, D suddenly being in love with Daryl, D's ex hanging around for no damn reason and the "oh we just happened on the prego test for lazy plot reasons") but overall its good. Last weeks ep was much better than this weeks, much less contrivance.

Also just fucking say youre Negan and escape! Twat.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:14 am

I might sound a bit easily impressed but I thought the cgi on that tiger was great, especially for a TV show.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:58 pm

http://www.gamesradar.com/george-romero ... uffer_grfb

Yes George, thats why. Its not that youve done nothing but rubbish in the last 10 years.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:53 pm

eVoL wrote:http://www.gamesradar.com/george-romero-blames-brad-pitt-the-walking-dead-for-not-being-able-to-make-films-anymore/?utm_content=buffer482cc&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_grfb

Yes George, thats why. Its not that youve done nothing but rubbish in the last 10 years.

True enough, his recent films have been utter garbage

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:31 am

Another slow episode action wise but shows how Negan fucks with people.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:12 am

Did the production budget take a complete nose dive in the latest episode or what? Christ it was like watching some dodgy fan made tribute on Youtube, it was fucking terrible. Guess it doesn't take much to get cast on the show these days then. :|

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:54 pm

That one seems to have been made on the cheap alright, wasn't the worst one in all fairness. Even though it's one of the most popular tv shows of resent times I think it still has a pretty limited budget. Most cash goes into a season finale blow out and a few well done zombie makeup bits each episode.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:24 pm

The Walking Dead had seen four straight weeks of ratings declines, and that streak was not broken in week five by an odd Tara-centric episode that was as far removed from the main show as just about any episode has ever been.

The show lost another 600,000 viewers, with “only” 10.4 million tuning it. For an AMC show, that’s still great, but it’s a long way from the 17 million of the season 7 premiere, and 12 of the 16 episodes in season 3 of The Walking Dead four years ago got higher ratings than that.

I have to believe, however, that with tonight’s “Sing Me a Song” episode returning to the main storyline, and bringing back main cast members like Rick, Michonne, Daryl and Negan, that we’re going to see ratings rebound a bit and not continue this descent. I mean, whatever this episode is, it will almost have to be more relevant than the Tara episode. From the trailers, it seems like we might see an iconic Carl comic moment tonight, but it’s possible they might be saving that for the midseason finale, which could be a good call.

But the fact remains that the show remains on the wrong track in a number of ways, and it’s going to take more than just refocusing on the main cast to get people interested again. Last week, I went through five reasons that viewers are fleeing the show at this point, but now I want to talk a little bit about possible solutions I hope to see implemented soon. Some minor comic spoilers will follow in this discussion.

Right now the biggest problem with Negan is that he’s a dick. I mean, he’s supposed to be a dick, that’s just his persona, but he is only a dick, and nothing else, which has created this unlikable-for-the-wrong-reasons character that pales in comparison to many of the show’s past villains. The Governor, arguably the show’s best villain, had a sad backstory where he was keeping his zombie daughter alive, and we got to see his humanity in a few “Brian-centric” episodes to show he wasn’t all bad. Even the Terminus cannibals were given a story about how they were once a group that helped people, but that backfired on them, so they became monsters.

We have none of that with Negan. Seven episodes after his introduction, and the show hyping him up for many before that, we have really gotten nothing about who the man is other than some power-hungry loon that speaks in non-stop innuendo. We don’t know anything about his past or how he became this way, and his interactions with most characters are all the same. I hear that Negan will be getting some backstory in the future, and if they handle his Carl comic plotline correctly, that could humanize him a little bit. But for now, it’s easy to see why people think he’s not a great villain in a show that has had many better foes.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/ ... 9dd66311ec

Couldn't agree more.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:47 pm

Aye, tis wank of late.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:42 am

It has been really weak, and the whole Tara episode was just bizarre.

The problem with Negan is that they have toned him down too much from the graphic novel version. Yes, he has Lucille, and some of his lines and actions have been lifted verbatim, but he is just nowhere near as psychotic and menacing as he is in the comic version. In that, the violence is always simmering just below the surface and you know it.

Then again, they may be playing out the rather odd storyline from the graphic novel too. spoilered:

Spoiler: show
Rick basically going along with Negan, seemingly cowed, but actually planning to fight him leading to the mother of all battles

Not surprised at the decline though, they seem incapable of keeping some excitement in each episode, which given the subject matter is actually quite an achievement.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:32 am

It's turned from a gritty, surviving the zombie apocolyspe into a soap like Eastenders and the zombies just being extras on set with no speaking lines.

I also don't like the way the zombies do work. They change every episode depending on the script. They're super sneaky for jump scares. Then they're stumbling, noisy, idiots that children can headshot. Then they're fast, then they're slow. Sometimes the whole zombie population turns up after a silenced gun shot. Othertimes they don't care after massive explosions and shouting matches... sigh.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:50 am

Lets face it as much as they would have us want to believe as such the zombies are now zero threat and every single extra in the show is now paid to simply die by a knife to the head, stick to the face, sword across the skull. That's it. Period. No wonder George A. Romero fucking detests the show as TWD has after 7 long seasons pretty much done to zombies what Twilight did for Vamps. Made them shit. On top of this they have now managed to not only kill off some of the best characters the show had going for it but they have also made both Rick and Daryl utterly shit now too. Right now whatever the fuck Carl is cooking up in his one eyed monster trope is the only thing keeping me tuning in.

The Walking Dead? Pffft. The Talking Live more like. Time to bring it to a close methinks.

PreviousNext

Return to TV & Film