The Walking Dead Season 6 on Fox

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Animalmother

Re: The Walking Dead Season 6 on Fox

Postby Animalmother » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:51 am

Started watching season 2 of Fear the Walking Dead and regretting it already. Just like season 1 it's a smidgen boring.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:14 pm

writers strike really hit that season HARD !
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Wargame: European Escalation / Valiant Hearts (XBO)

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:24 am

It is quite funny though, as a long time viewer of the 'main' series as well as reader of the graphic novel version, I sat watching it with the mindset of the long-term survivor looking at all the stupidly dangerous trusting things they were doing and thinking "Bad move".

But yes, not a great show.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:38 am

Snowy wrote:It is quite funny though, as a long time viewer of the 'main' series as well as reader of the graphic novel version, I sat watching it with the mindset of the long-term survivor looking at all the stupidly dangerous trusting things they were doing and thinking "Bad move".

But yes, not a great show.

You didnt think "what a bunch of cunts that fucked over everyone thats trying to help"?
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:54 am

There were bits that didn't make sense - junkie-lips swimming into the wrecked boat because he could hear cries for help, before grabbing the ships log and scarpering - what happened to the guy crying for help?

But generally no - if it were me I would have towed the stranded boat back to shore but not risked taking them all on board. The lassie talking to the guy over the radio, I suspect that was a mistake to give away her location. I would do what I could but without risking #1 in doing so.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:57 am

Not started S2 yet but in S1, a pretty big example is that they killed everyone in the hospital! EVERYONE!

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:30 pm

So the main series was simulcast last night - will pick it up this evening after work. I have a mate in the office who has watched half the new episode and is rather excited by it, so will see how it goes.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:08 pm

OK season 7 episode 1 spoilages follow:

Spoiler: show
Fuck me that was actually pretty harrowing. There is not a single nice element, smile, or anything close to it in that whole fucking episode.

When Abraham gets it, my rage-o-meter went incandescent, I thought it was a massive cop-out by taking out the ginger ninja. I categorically did not see Glenn then following suit one ill-advised punch from Daryl later! Was also pleased that they kept Negan's "She's a vampire bat" joke in there, even if the timing was a bit off for me personally. In the graphic novel you read it while reeling from the panels before and it really is a fuck me moment.

All very well done, even if it was tough going. Let's hope that now Negan is out of the bag and Glenn and Abraham are deaded they kick the story back up into gear and get it moving again after the padding and filler of the second half of S6.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:16 pm

Fuck, that was rough...

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:44 pm

That was excellent.

only way they could have took out Glen and not have it felt obvious

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:57 am

So we are back to slow paced tedium then. Set up an amazing first episode, split the group, then have the rest of the season focusing on different characters each episode as they all draw back together.

Shame.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:38 pm

True

That tiger was cgi wasn't it? I honestly couldn't tell.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:38 pm

Yeah they really did totally ruin any momentum they could have built up from last week with that. Seriously, who thought that would be a good idea?

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:14 pm

To say we were all left reeling after the first episode would be an understatement so why on earth would we not expect them to as Dave put it keep the momentum going directly afterwards? Oh look it's TWD doing what it does best! It's always an issue I've had with the show - set us up nicely and get us all excited then once again dive right back into a direct lesson in utter banality.

On top of this the much talked about King Ezekiel was nothing to write home about whatsoever. Fuck do I miss the likes of Tyreese right now.
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

Solitaire

Postby Solitaire » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:25 am

Prey wrote:To say we were all left reeling after the first episode would be an understatement so why on earth would we not expect them to as Dave put it keep the momentum going directly afterwards? Oh look it's TWD doing what it does best! It's always an issue I've had with the show - set us up nicely and get us all excited then once again dive right back into a direct lesson in utter banality.

On top of this the much talked about King Ezekiel was nothing to write home about whatsoever. Fuck do I miss the likes of Tyreese right now.

Hey my friend - I can't agree more. My lady asks me what the fuss is about, as it's talked about endlessly at work. I tell her the same thing: some really great episodes are hidden among the seasons, but there are so many episodes that are just tedious exposition about some character's childhood, etc etc only for them to be killed at the end. Ah well.

PreviousNext

Return to TV & Film