The Walking Dead Season 6 on Fox

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Animalmother

Re: The Walking Dead Season 6 on Fox

Postby Animalmother » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:24 am

The latest episode did a bit to redeem itself. Things might pick up from here, hopefully :?

How far are they supposed to be from the prison from season 3? There's a fucking big tank just sitting outside the gate, its a bit banged up but I'm sure it still works...

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:45 am

A llllllllong way.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:24 pm

Telling that it has taken me this long to remember to post on the first episode of the new season.

Snowy's Review:

Piece of shit. Move along.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Asherons

Postby Asherons » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:02 pm

I read the first 5-8 comic books of this before they had made it a TV show but I've lost a lot of interest in the show over the years. Unfortunately my wife still loves it and so I end up having to watch these with her if I like it or not, she also watches the fear the walking dead but we're like half a season of it we haven't watched. Thought I escaped it but then the wife read they are merging characters from the two shows so now we will be finishing fear the walking dead AND the walking dead. Too much for me for a show that's gone downhill so hard

STuG

Postby STuG » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:15 am

It's quite surprising how far TWD has fallen in quality. It has essentially this season morphed into the 'A-Team' with zombies.

No sense of peril for any of the main characters who are all wrapped up in plot armour that will ensure they are invincible. A main antagonist who just (and that's being kind) about works on the printed page but patently doesn't work on screen and is a glorified pantomime villain chewing the scenery with abandon whilst spewing out constant cringe worthy dialogue.

I also find it staggering that last night's episode (2) was a 40 minute firefight that managed to be....dull.

Season 3 of 'Fear the...' is leagues ahead of this, better direction, better cinematography and more interesting characters. A number of moments in this season that made me not quite believe the writers had just done what they did on screen (in a good way) as compared to the opposite effect I have on the 'main' show which has made me roll my eyes and shout at the screen at the decisions made.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:34 am

I'm not even sure why I'm still watching this show. It's more habit now than 'must watch' TV.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:59 am

Gave up on TWD at end of season 5 myself. There were other things to watch with the limited time available and I just never got back into it since. I'll catch up on it when they do eventually wrap it up.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:17 am

Been watching it since day one but haven't even bothered to look at this season yet, it's just going to be a roll of dull episodes with one good one at the end maybe. Fuck that lark. I'll get around to it eventually.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:22 pm

Rusty wrote:I'm not even sure why I'm still watching this show. It's more habit now than 'must watch' TV.

This exactly. Having invested so many hours, its a case of just keep on going. I totally agree with the sentiments here, this series has really gone down hill what with Neagan being a rehash of The Governor.

Season 1 is still fantastic and I re-watched that 2 weeks ago. Short 6 episode season that has a point, when survival should be enough. This has now become all out war when no one dies.... :?

Episode 2 Morgan could have been killed. The Mrs said "huh - is he dead ?" which was followed by my bored voice "no"

This series should end with this season or Season 9 (apparently there will be a cross over with Fear when originally they said there would be no cross over. Fucking everything now is a cross over now.)

When AMC fucked over Frank Darabont it just went downhill. Darabont brought so much to the mythos of the Walkers that the current producers either forgot or did not get. The Walkers are more threatening when they are less zombie like and have some smidgen of intelligence. Now they pose zero threat that even kids (kids !!!) are taking them out. If an 8 year old can take out Walkers, why should we be scarred of them ?. Watch season 1 and then watch an episode of season 8 and the series is barely recognisable.

I heard mixed things about Fear. Is it worth watching then ?
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Rochard / RTW 2

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:17 pm

Stopped watching a few episodes after Negan stomped Glen's head in with the bat. It's been going down hill since pretty much the first time they were captured at Terminus, now I just don't have the patience for it whatsoever, just far too stupid and boring. Season 1 and Season 3 are probably the pinnacle of what a zombie TV show could ever have hoped to reach, it's just a shame they couldn't keep it up.

Was just reading an article about this, funnily enough. The AMC CEO wants to potentially extend it into a decades long show, akin to a regular classic TV soap.

AMC wants to keep The Walking Dead on air for much longer than you’d expect. The network’s CEO, Josh Sapan, has even started to throw the F-word around. “The use of the word ‘franchise’, we don’t take lightly. It’s not a sloppy or casual word,” Sapan recently said. “We’ve studied the best. Some have been around 30, 40, 50 years. We have a chance for a lot of life in the franchise.”

Yeah, good luck with that. If it's already dross I can only imagine how bad it'll be after another ten seasons.

Good, quality stories have a beginning, middle and an end; you shouldn't just drag them on forever just because there's a bit more money to be had out of it.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:20 pm

idiot !

No show lasts for decades unless it is a soap but by then....who cares its background noise

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:26 pm

There's an interesting metaphor or sense of irony to explore there at least, what with the kind of people who are addicted to living vicariously through daily doses of soap-esque drama on shite, long-running TV shows basically already being zombies themselves.

"No John, you are the walking dead"

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:08 am

Spoiler: show
Lets bring back Morales

he does a superb monologue speech. I am thinking "this is great - he could be triggering emotions that Rick had not felt in 2 years. I am looking forward to seeing how this develops"

Then Daryl turns up and shoots him in the head with an arrow

and I am like...................................what ???

The producers of this show are making some pretty stupid decisions now. Even the poor actor who turned up on the Talking Dead cannot fathom why he was brought back for 5 mins. They could have done so much with his character. This is fucking dumb now.

If this does not radically improve soon I am done with this show. I am giving it 2 to 3 more episodes

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:04 am

Achtung Englander wrote:
Lets bring back Morales

he does a superb monologue speech. I am thinking "this is great - he could be triggering emotions that Rick had not felt in 2 years. I am looking forward to seeing how this develops"

Then Daryl turns up and shoots him in the head with an arrow

and I am like...................................what ???

The producers of this show are making some pretty stupid decisions now. Even the poor actor who turned up on the Talking Dead cannot fathom why he was brought back for 5 mins. They could have done so much with his character. This is fucking dumb now.

If this does not radically improve soon I am done with this show. I am giving it 2 to 3 more episodes

I am in the same boat.

Apparently this season is a response to fans complaints about last season basically being 20 minutes action and 15.5 hours of padding. So now we have gone from tedious dialogue and Negan's bullies bullying badly to billions of rounds of ammo being blazed away, by people waggling their guns around like they were podium champagne bottles. Last season they touched on an ammo shortage, and no sooner did they have a solution than Eugene went over to Negan, removing it. Seems that was conveniently forgotten.

Oh, and the end of the episode. Oh noes, teh .50 cal guns! Never mind that at the ranges used in TWD assault weapons are a far better proposition and much more accurate, no, because the caliber is larger suddenly they are a doomsday weapon that are capable of actually hitting people. Not important people mind, just bit-parts from the endless pool of 'that guy'.

I am watching it, hoping against hope that they actually find a vein of purpose, but it is just a load of wank now.

Oh, and Ezekiel is the most annoying Edwin in the history of TV.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:12 am

Couldnt afford Tiger CGI bills anymore.

This has been the most boring series of TWD to date. Stop shooting and go back to Hershel's farm!
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

PreviousNext

Return to TV & Film