The Walking Dead Season 6 on Fox

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Vicousvern

The Walking Dead Season 6 on Fox

Postby Vicousvern » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:34 pm

Hey guys, dunno if any of you lot are as excited about season 3 as I am.
At any rate here is the official trailer for season 3 if any of you haven't seen it yet.

Animalmother

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion

Postby Animalmother » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:50 pm

Looks good alright, just hope it doesn't faff around like the last season.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:22 pm

Did this start the other night?
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:41 pm

Nah, I don't think it has. Has it?
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Don't think its due till autumn but could be wrong. the rather excellent breaking bad is on though if your looking for something good.

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:09 pm

In prep for the last episode tonight I watched season 2 back to back for the past few days after recording it from Channel 5, and whoever was watching it by the Box Set (Johnyhumf?) has the right idea. In general the show is addictive and you want the next episode without waiting a week for it, but season 1 was short enough to stand six weeks' wait for that excellent payoff. Season 2, I'm not surprised Dave got bored by the farm setting but once I sat and chained out the show in one block there were some great highlights even for just the dialogue;

Spoiler: show
When Darryl says "The problem is, it's not the woods, it's Georgia, [Sophia] could be holed up in a barn somewhere" and you don't get that that's a signpost to a future episode

When T-Dog makes his wisecrack about being the only black guy to Dale, which I'm sure had to be an in-joke reference to "kill the black guy" in horror flicks

When Andrea becomes Ripley after learning to shoot and they fight their way back to their car

and also the general arguments and power struggles between Shane and Rick, Shane and Dale, and Dale and the rest of the group in general, with only Darryl seeing that the divisions spell disaster. The other upside is that the show has gone "The Full Romero"; some night-time scenes reference Survival of The Dead's Western Influences and there was was also
The barfight scenes over two episodes when Rick and Glen go to get Herschel back and the kid doesn't make the jump into the "wagon"
and in general the fact that
Now people dying without being bitten are coming back as in Romero's films, and although I haven't watched it yet, the overrunning of a farm is a tenuous link all the way back to Night of The Living Dead

It was also gutsy to bring the
love triangle power struggle
to an end so soon when they could've been lazy and dragged it out for another series, but nope, that's over as well. The only thing I didn't like was that
suicide
came up again as a plotline but instead of it actually happening, which would've been a better kick in the guts dramatically, there was just a bunch of soap opera talk.

So despite the first seven episodes turning into an arc, I still liked series 2 on the whole, but the trailer for series 3 crosses over the last of the comics I read so I'm happy it won't be on Freeview until next May, that will give me time to catch up with the novels and comics. If I get the compendiums then I'd have to move on to the normal small collections to take in issue 100 onwards, but there's no rush, the Governor novel will do for now.
Youtube Channel Currently Offline https://www.youtube.com/ channel/ UCImKjJptbRwGw0nHMykzeqg
Blog: http://kensmoviereview.wordpress.com

Wolfy

Postby Wolfy » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:14 pm

I'm not reading any more comics after #100. Just.. *sigh* :cry:
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:17 pm

I'm assuming that means
another major character buys it, in prep for them possibly ending the series
then. I just have to decide whether look up the Wikia to find out who it is.

Also that would be my only other gripe for the show, death can't be the only way for characters to exit the story even if that's what Zombie fans are used to.
Youtube Channel Currently Offline https://www.youtube.com/ channel/ UCImKjJptbRwGw0nHMykzeqg

Wolfy

Postby Wolfy » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:18 pm

Yus. :(
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:34 pm

It's ordered along with the Governor novel. Considering they did up to 13 variant covers for the anniversary and gave at least one away on Todd MacFarlane's, and it sold nearly 400,000 copies at least it's over with and I don't have to spend any more time trying to avoid the spoilers for a nine year old series. Once I've got the compendiums, if I don't want to wait for the week before Xmas when Collection 17 is released, then 97-99 and 101 will all be there on Ebay.

Just have to fight the urge to go to the Wiki and read everything up just to get it over with, like I do with Marvel and DC comics now I no longer read those.

[EDIT] Aha, you can only pre-order the second compendium, they won't release it in the UK before mid-October when series 3 starts on FX. Still! That's money saved until then.

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:03 pm

Excellent end to series 2 with Hershel doing a Hudson-style last stand on the farm :D Ended up watching it all over again on +1 and will probably catch the repeat tonight. Nice to see the added touch of
showing the audience that the big packs are attracted by big sounds like helicopters, but the characters haven't learned this yet

and so now I can wait for s3, which will be 16 episodes, that's the good news, the bad news is, they might do a season break which would make zero sense for a cable show unless they hadn't finished shooting all 16 by October.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Yeah, it was a good finale. Looks like I'll be waiting for nearly a year for it to come to Freesat :cry:

As for the noises, they do know they're attracted by gunfire as they've commented on that several times.

Also:

The helicopter was the same one Rick saw in the first series, wasn't it, but no-one believed him? The zombies seemed to be eating his horse, so assume it was from the same time. I took that segment to be showing how the same group has hounded the survivors since the beginning - were they also the herd that attacked them on the highway in series 2? The heli also tied up nicely with the end of series 2, as I assume it would have originated from that base you get a glimpse of right at the end?
My face is tired.

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:32 pm

Ah yes, I forgot that this series they were making flashbacks out of most of the teasers so it was definitely
the same helicopter as series 1.

Yeah the wait is a pain but that's all about hooking people in to Sky so they can watch it on FX. I'm more pissed off that the region 2 Box set for series 1 was self-censored by AMC but following complaints, Season 2 was uncut and the same as the American versions as far as I know, pushing it up to 18. The wait is bad enough without them doing an Indiana Jones and still not giving us the uncut versions without importing them, so there's just no reason to buy s1 even if it's just about a tenner.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:18 pm

New season started last night and should be available at the usual places by now.

Wolfy

Postby Wolfy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:38 pm

Woah. Didn't even know.

Nice. :D
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Next

Return to TV & Film