The Blu Room

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Jez

Re: The Blu Room

Postby Jez » Tue May 02, 2017 7:27 pm

Good fellas.

Funny movie. Utterly loved it on first watching but it seemed to lose something when I tried rewatching it a few times over the years. Maybe it's the heavy narrated aspect which it uses to tell the story. Odd though.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue May 02, 2017 7:31 pm

I love Goodfellas, one of my favourite Scorsese movies along with The Departed. New York mafioso style movies are one of my top genres and I just love the humour in Goodfellas and how slick it is.

I watched the above two with my girlfriend a few weeks ago because I'm introducing her to gangster movies. Goodfellas was the first one we watched because it's more light hearted. Last week we watched The Godfather Pt1 and she really enjoyed that too. Nearly 3 hours long and still stands up to repeat viewings, what an absolute classic.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Wed May 10, 2017 3:09 pm

I should be saving (I say that every time) but I went on a bit of a Blu-Ray kick.

Expect to hear impressions of the follow films at some point:

Donnie Darko
Waking Life
A Scanner Darkly
Brain Damage
Frankenhooker *cough*
End of an Era

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:28 pm

Am currently on a Tom Hardy buying frenzy and picked up Warrior, The Revenant (a new version of) Bronson and the rather underrated Legend a few days ago. Next up I will be buying Locke and at some point I just have to buy Star Trek - Nemesis simply because Tom's physical transformation from his role as Shinzon to now playing the likes of Mad Max and Venom has to be seen to be believed. Boy come far.

Oh and I hope Tom Hardy fans have a new found appreciation for RocknRolla too because - Handsome Bob. Looking forward to Dunkirk actually.
Mantis wrote:I was looking for your post about the new Assassins Creed to respond to earlier on and you've already deleted it. -_-

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:19 pm

"Its sausage and beans all day long mate.."

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:59 pm

Keeping on the Tom Hardy theme: I've been double dipped on Mad Max: Fury Road.
Miller (And The Guardian, of all places) made a compelling argument to get the Black & Chrome version of the film. Not that I really need an excuse to watch the film again, but I like the idea of revisiting it in a whole new style.

Reminds me that I'm also looking forward to seeing Logan in B&W. Haha. The real question is if I do what I did with The Mist and completely ignore the colour version. :-k
End of an Era

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:40 am

Said I wasn't going to start re-buying films that I already own in 4K.

Just ordered Dredd, Leon, The Fifth Element and Starship Troopers on UHD. Because, sod it, they're among my favourite films and the better they look, the happier I am.

Will be buying Blade Runner and Terminator 2 in 4K soon as well. I mean, if I'm spending disgusting money on old films on new formats, why stop now?
End of an Era

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:23 pm

You'd be surprised what much a bump in resolution can do for older movies! :shock:
End of an Era

Previous

Return to TV & Film