The Blu Room

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Subway Diet

Re: The Blu Room

Postby Subway Diet » Mon May 14, 2018 11:11 am

Putting my 4K telly to good use! :-k

Out today
(Also, never buy films from Zavi. HMV and Amazon didn't have it listed, so I impatiently ordered it from them for 25 quid. Today, it shows up in HMV for £19.99. Can't cancel the order, and it'll cost the better part of 5 quid to send it back. Annoying, but I'm gonna have to eat it.)

Out on the 21st.

If there's one thing I've discovered about 4K disks, it's that older films seem to benefit the most when it comes to resolution while modern, digitally shot films seem to benefit more from the HDR.
Admittedly, it's largely dependant on the quality of camera components at the time, but it can be amazing to see films from the 80s and 90s looking so detailed. Even if it's not some massive up-tick in details, just having it look like film and not a compressed digital image is worth it for me.

Considering these two are among my favourite movies, I'd say I'm pretty jazzed to see how they turn out.
End of an Era

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:56 am

https://store.hmv.com/film-tv/4k-ultra- ... e-predator

I swear, they better do it right this time!
End of an Era

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:33 pm

Two new additions to my collection then as of today thanks to Fathers Day presents!

Wonder Woman has been out now since what August last year and I've still not managed to watch it yet which is a pretty big fail on my part as it's considered the strongest DCEU movie in years I'm very much looking forward to finally seeing it for myself but after reading fan and critic reviews I am anticipating great things from Patty Jenkins. The movie has always come across as DC's own equivalent of Captain America: The First Avenger.

Rogue One is easily my favourite Star Wars movie of the last few years after the abysmal Force Awakens and Last WHY WHAT THE FUCK Jedi and although I've never been entirely sold on the two main characters there's more than enough in there additionally to make up for how lacking they were especially in terms of Donnie Yen, Forest Whitaker and Mads Mikkelsen - I mean come on.

As for what I'm planning for myself next I currently have my beady eye on Strange Days and the Director's Cut of Dark City.
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:02 pm

I got the Lord of the Rings on Bluray which is great, but all the extra discs that the special features are on are DVDs! How shitty is that?

Fly bastards. :x

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:10 am

That can't be right?

Tight arses.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:37 pm

Love this movie. It directly answers the question concerning how if we ever did finally come across alien life in the known universe will we actually end up wishing we hadn't. Sure Jake Gyllenhaal sadly doesn't step up to his usual leading man self but aside from that everything else about this movie from the suspense to the bloody amazing CGI and ending make up for it plus it only cost me a paltry £7 brand new and sealed. Lovely.

Oh and it's a great Venom prequel too. :wink:
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:10 pm

Never heard of it tbh

When was it released then? Did if get a run in the cinemas?

Previous

Return to TV & Film