The Apprentice 2017 - P58 Onwards

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Sly Boots
MILF

Re: The Apprentice 2017 - P58 Onwards

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:41 am

Wrathbone wrote:Or, you know, go literally anywhere else in Britain that isn't a Norman village. I don't understand why they stayed there. It almost smells of being staged by the producers.

Thing is, even if they'd gone to a modern-day house, their ad would still literally have been about a mum and some kids getting into a car. All the Norman village did was transform an already shitty idea into a hilarious one :lol:

Raid's idea is a good one, prior to their shooting the ad my assumption was they'd do something along similar lines, instead of seemingly pretending that a modern 2.4 children family are living in a medieval hut :lol:
My face is tired.

katarn

Postby katarn » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:13 am

Yeah, there must have been a housing estate a few minutes down the road with a quiet side road. I'm sure they would have found somebody who would have happily let them shoot a clip of them leaving their front door.

But no! They are Locked In! Time and space no longer exists outside of this Norman village this day!

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:30 am

Id imagine part of it is that they are locked in to their choice. I was surprised they didnt do even a basic play on "timeless elegance" or "technology so far ahead of everything else".

Id love to go through this process not for money but just to see if I am actually just as much of a muppet as they all are when put under the pressure.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:36 am

Obviously they paint them in a worse light than the reality of it, but on the other hand the candidates are picked precisely because they're hapless goons. I do wonder whether the people who apply realise that.

In other words, go for it evol, you'll probably win hands down. :lol:
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

katarn

Postby katarn » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:37 am

eVoL wrote:Id imagine part of it is that they are locked in to their choice.

Oh yeah, I know they were locked in. That's the part I find amusing.

On a show where Lord Sugar regularly lambasts them for not showing initiative, they're put in hilariously constrictive scenarios where options for showing initiative are taken away from them.

It's like the definition of madness, only in TV format.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:46 am

Wrathbone wrote:Obviously they paint them in a worse light than the reality of it, but on the other hand the candidates are picked precisely because they're hapless goons. I do wonder whether the people who apply realise that.

In other words, go for it evol, you'll probably win hands down. :lol:

8)
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:20 pm

eVoL wrote:Id imagine part of it is that they are locked in to their choice. I was surprised they didnt do even a basic play on "timeless elegance" or "technology so far ahead of everything else".

Id love to go through this process not for money but just to see if I am actually just as much of a muppet as they all are when put under the pressure.

I was thinking along the same lines. The fact they got lumbered (by their own mistake) with a Norman theme park village could have resulted with some original ideas like the ones you mentioned or how about "a car that wants to break all barriers - even time" or "Modern History began in 1066. Modern Car Design Begins Now". I just thought of those 2 in 5 mins.

These bunch of idiots have zero creativity
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Rochard / RTW 2

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:45 pm

The little hobbit guy to go here I think, just wafted around the entire task doing the grand sum of not a lot.
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:55 pm

Ooh, at least two going here then I think...
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:57 pm

Wow, carnage! :o

:lol:
My face is tired.

katarn

Postby katarn » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:27 pm

As a business partner, I actually reckon Elizabeth could be pretty decent. She's a bit of a battleaxe, but she'd be able to handle herself in the corporate world.

Neither of the two guys left seem noteworthy at all.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:27 am

katarn wrote:As a business partner, I actually reckon Elizabeth could be pretty decent. She's a bit of a battleaxe, but she'd be able to handle herself in the corporate world.

Not in my corporate world she wouldn't. All she does is rub people up the wrong way and waste time messing around with things that don't need messing with. She would be a total nightmare to work with in any team-based scenario.

Finally Sugar got something right though, the quickfire slaying of 3 hapless ballbags was way overdue.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Eny

Postby Eny » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:42 am

Michaela is my winner, liked her from the beginning, no bullshit.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln

˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

katarn

Postby katarn » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:25 am

Snowy wrote:
katarn wrote:As a business partner, I actually reckon Elizabeth could be pretty decent. She's a bit of a battleaxe, but she'd be able to handle herself in the corporate world.

Not in my corporate world she wouldn't. All she does is rub people up the wrong way and waste time messing around with things that don't need messing with. She would be a total nightmare to work with in any team-based scenario.

I dunno.. I've known plenty of highly capable colleagues over the years in companies I've worked for who would have floundered at the first hurdle on the Apprentice. It is, ultimately, all a load of entertaining bollocks.

But... I can see Elizabeth always knowing what she wants and how to broadly go about doing it, without needing to be guided. Especially in her area of expertise. If her business idea is good I can see her being a dark horse for getting Sugar's money.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:42 am

I think you're right, Katarn. She probably comes across as more difficult and harrumphy than she would in real life because she doesn't play up to the melodrama the Apprentice tries to encourage. Quite often you'll see another candidate trying to push her buttons and hitting a brick wall, and I don't think it's that she's a bad team player, I think it's more that she finds it hard to do actual work with these total cretins when all they're trying to do is create noise and blame.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

PreviousNext

Return to TV & Film