Game of Thrones

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Mantis
Admin

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Mantis » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:29 pm

Little Finger told her that their army was camped at Moat Cailin a few episodes ago when he met her. Doesn't really explain how they managed to get to Winterfell without anybody noticing though, seeing as Moat Cailin and everywhere north of that was under Bolton control. And it especially made no sense that Sansa wouldn't say anything about it to Jon, instead letting him go to a battle that would almost certainly have been his death and everyone else's deaths.

The fact that Yara and Theon have already made it to Meereen seemed a bit silly too, given it's supposed to take months of sailing to reach that far east. But I guess there wasn't much else for them to do plotwise so we just skipped straight there. It's supposed to be a really dangerous world though, so when people can just seemingly teleport anywhere willy nilly it does ruin the immersion somewhat.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:52 am

yep

That is why the first four seasons were great - it took ages to get anywhere and it really did feel like medieval transport in a huge world. Now GOT feels like there are motorways everywhere
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Rochard / RTW 2

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:15 am

I didn't have a problem with Yara/Theon's sudden arrival. If you think about it, each season of the show is meant to take place roughly over a year (as has been vaguely referenced by characters at various points), and the last time we saw the Ironborn was a few episodes ago. So assuming they've been sailing all that time then it presumably still took them at least a couple of months.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Burberry Knight

Postby Burberry Knight » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:37 am

Yara and Theon's speedy arrival to Mereen was very irksome as it just broke the sense of scale as you guys have mentioned.

Spoiler: show
I got the impression that Sands basically allowed Jon's meagre army as bait for Ramsay's traps as she knew that he was up to something. It was the way her smirk turned to a hint of sadness that gave me this impression. That, and she'd clearly sent word to Baelish in an earlier episode when she wrote that letter.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:06 pm

Nice

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:49 am

That battle was a load of nonsense.

Why bother getting Sansa to tell Jon not to fall for Ramsey's traps as the next minute he goes charging to what should have been his certain death. Yes we had the nonsense about it maybe not being his time to die with the Red Women, but still it was terrible. I also agree with the Erie's Army thoughts, all of the last few episodes whilst they have been trying to get an army to take Winterfell I've been saying to my wife, what about Little Finger? In my mind they should have turned up ages ago. The whole battle whilst looking good was pure nonsense.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:44 pm

it did stretch credibility. Am I right in thinking that armies back then sent scouts to establish that flanking couldn't happen
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Rochard / RTW 2

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:30 pm

I dont think any of the armies in GOT use scouts, they are all constantly being surprised by attacks.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:54 pm

Wow, now that was an explosive finale.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:29 pm

I've yet to watch it but that bodes well.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:06 pm

It definitely had its up and downs. Some downright silliness and some epic awesomeness as well. Season 7 next Spring then I assume?

How the fuck did Varys manage to travel to Dorne then back again like that #-o

That little Mormond girl is fucking awesome :D

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:59 pm

Animalmother wrote:It definitely had its up and downs. Some downright silliness and some epic awesomeness as well. Season 7 next Spring then I assume?

How the fuck did Varys manage to travel to Dorne then back again like that #-o

That little Mormond girl is fucking awesome :D

Yeah, the Varys thing irked me. A week after we point out that it's a bit silly that certain people can travel such huge distances in such a short space of time, Varys manages to sail to Dorne and back in the space of about 30 minutes.

Also a bit disappointed that basically all of Cersei's rivals in KL are now dead. Yeah she was probably going to end up toppling them and being the big bad anyway, but the way the show has been portraying her for the last couple of seasons I find deathly boring. She's just a dull bad guy. Let's just hope she starts to spice things up next season by being a bit more passionate about how bat shit crazy she is.

Couldn't help but laugh at Tommen just flopping out of the window. :lol:

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:21 pm

It was almost like.. So We're stuck with Tommen now as king, what will we do? Oh Hang on, never mind :lol:

I honestly thought thats how the books would end. Little Finger or Cersi is sitting on the Iron Throne and someone would set off the wild fire in the basement and blow it all to fuck

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:28 pm

Tommen's suicide made me laugh, which probably wasn't intended. It just had brilliant comic timing.

Reminded me of this:

"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:33 pm

I laughed at him standing poker-straight like Del-Boy dropping through a bar-flap. But he did make an excellent King's Landing :lol: (sorry)
But a great episode, especially the first 20mins till the BOOOOOM. Felt like I was watching Michael Corleone's night of the long knives.
Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

PreviousNext

Return to TV & Film