Game of Thrones

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
eVoL

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby eVoL » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:40 am

Well consistently upping the shitty TV tropishness again this season. Hound finds the hut, Arya happens on the wolves etc.... how small is this bloody country that everyone runs into everyone else! -_- I can barely find my way out of an Ikea.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:36 pm

Lol

Eye. In season 1 it took an entire seaspn to get anywhere. Now everyone zips around in days
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Rochard / RTW 2

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:36 pm

Season one did have Ros the speed travelling prostitute. Girl was up and down the Seven Kingdoms like a hoors knickers, so to speak..

Solitaire

Postby Solitaire » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:52 am

Was a decent two episodes so far. Lots of quibbles and agreed with characters that seem to teleport around (I just drove 14 hours to get to my new job; I thought to myself how long that journey would take on horseback :o ) and run into one another like everyone lives in one village....

Spoiler: show
The dudes at the Citadel don't want to try to cure what's-his-name of the stoneskin disease because "it's too dangerous?" Isn't he going to die prematurely, after an agonizing decade or thereabouts of dementia?That was a bad bit of writing, right there.

My now ex-girlfriend pointed out that the first episode was "girl power" hour, and I agree. I also noticed that in the dragonhall scene, where the map room is, there were four powerful women, one dwarf, and three eunuchs :!:

I really am letting it slide re: the warping around of characters. The Citadel montage, for example: We aren't told how long that went on for - but I suppose someone could sit down and figure out the relative time between events, such as the raven getting back to Winterfell with info re: dragonglass vs what had transpired before, and give an approximate time for dude's Maester training . . . . All sounds quite complex and unnecessary, in the end. We just have to accept that events are happening both simultaneously and across a spectrum, and enjoy.

My signature is like a time capsule from the Wild West of the internet :o

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:30 pm

Another good episode. I'm liking how it's slowed down to show more of the politicking as each side prepares for the final showdown, reminds me more of the original few seasons. Solid dialogue all round too.

Spoiler: show
The Stark's all slowly coming home to Winterfell actually made me feel strangely emotional.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:39 pm

Turns out stoneskins easy as shit to cure.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:41 pm

Makes you wonder what else the Maester's are capable of fixing with the world but just can't be arsed because they're all grumpy old men.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:14 pm

And why Shireen still had a stoney face if the cure is hacking it off :?

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:24 pm

They explained that but buggered if I can remember.

Solitaire

Postby Solitaire » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:12 am

eVoL wrote:And why Shireen still had a stoney face if the cure is hacking it off :?

Looked more like scars, from what I recall, versus the actual lumps and such.

My signature is like a time capsule from the Wild West of the internet :o

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:34 am

Shireen's makeup was definitely grey; it could just be that the scars healed that way because the maester wasn't quite as diligent as Sam.

I thought that was a fantastic episode, with a superb final scene for Olenna. Still, it saddens me that yet another of the great, wise "oratory" characters is gone. They could have done an entire series of Olenna Tyrell, the High Sparrow and Tywin Lannister sat around a table just discussing things and I'd have watched.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:00 am

I like how Olenna used her final conversation to remind Jaime just how doolally crazypants Cersei has gone. If he doesn't end up killing her, I'll be very surprised.

And Bran... he seems to have gone off the deep end since we last saw him. Sansa's reaction to him was spot on.

Jon and Dany both seem too stubborn for their own good, Jon especially. He doesn't want to be king, he knows if he doesn't reach a compromise then everyone's dead... surely the best solution is to say he'll bend the knee if and when she helps him defeat the white walkers. Frankly if the Northern lords don't see that as a fair compromise then they all deserve to be roasted alive by her dragons.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:08 am

Jon knows that there isn't time for political squabbles, and his bending the knee would almost certainly cause that in the North.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:01 pm

Having a few dragons and some disgruntled nobles seems preferable to having no dragons and a queen labelling you a traitor.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:17 pm

The dialogue between Jon and Deny seemed wrong. In the past both seemed really pragmatic but for the sake of story they both turned into jerks in a pissing contest.

PreviousNext

Return to TV & Film