Good TV (aka, the TV series spamthread)

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Sly Boots
MILF

Re: Good TV (aka, the TV series spamthread)

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:35 am

gpa-gone-west wrote:
Sly Boots wrote:
Tichinde wrote:
gpa-gone-west wrote:On a different note, I have finally finished all three seasons of Fargo. Enjoyed them all, hope there is a fourth.

I found they just got progressively worse. None of it's bad but it just slowly got less interesting for me.

I'd say I preferred the third more than the second, but the first series is by far and away the best. A lot of that is down to Martin Freeman and Billy-Bob, both of whom turned in great performances.

Strange. I found the second to be the best, and the third not quite as good but better than the first.

You're right... that is strange :P
My face is tired.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:34 pm

Not the news any of you wanted but sadly Ash vs. Evil Dead has officially been axed meaning there will be no Season 4...

The decision to cancel Ash vs. Evil Dead comes shortly before the then-Season 3 (and now series) finale is set to air on April 29. The show, which continued the story of Ash Williams from the Evil Dead franchise, was never a huge hit in the ratings, and Season 3 has turned in disappointing numbers. Ash vs. Evil Dead debuted with 437,000 viewers in Live+Same day calculations. The latest episode (that aired on April 15) was watched by only 175,000 viewers in Live+Same day calculations.

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/ ... r-season-4
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:16 am

Fuuuuuuck offfffffff :(
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Tichinde

Postby Tichinde » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:36 pm

Lost in Space
Three episodes in and really enjoying it.
Interested to see where they take it.

Spoiler: show
Swiss army robot ruined any tension for me until episode three when he locks Will in the cupboard.
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey
:D

"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:19 am

Dr Smith has to be the worst cookie cutter 'villain' I've yet seen in such a show as she's just so diabolically poor at being bad and her acts of villainy are nigh on laughable at the best of times. I mean I like Parker Posey but holy crap she is sat down in this shot or laid down in that shot and all the while she's scheming her little plans while nobody (until a set point) even questioned the validity of her background story. Her turn in this makes her turn in Blade III come across as pure Oscar material.

Aside from her I love the show too, West especially is a firm favourite.
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:32 pm

I have been watching Sense8 on Netflix.

It is a really good thriller series about a group of 7 people who become psychically linked. A transgender hacker, (not openly) gay Mexican actor, Chicago cop, Nairobian bus driver, Icelandic DJ, Indian girl approaching her wedding and a Korean businesswoman and martial artist all have this sudden link and are able to affect one another's worlds. Each has their own story, which is interwoven with a government agency that for some reason wants them lobotomised.

It is not the usual kind of thing that I watch but saw it had excellent ratings on IMDb so gave it a shot, and it is really good. There is a lot of sexual content, mostly gay sex (one icky moment with a soggy strap-on being discarded was just a shade too gratuitous), which will be offputting to some - I have just ignored the sex scenes to be honest because I am enjoying the story so much. The Wachowski's made it, so the transgender themes are not that surprising and are also unsurprisingly candid and believable.

I am about 2/3rds through the first season, and really looking forward to seeing how it ends and getting on to S2.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:14 pm

Snowy wrote:I have been watching Sense8 on Netflix.

It is a really good thriller series about a group of 7 people who become psychically linked. A transgender hacker, (not openly) gay Mexican actor, Chicago cop, Nairobian bus driver, Icelandic DJ, Indian girl approaching her wedding and a Korean businesswoman and martial artist all have this sudden link and are able to affect one another's worlds. Each has their own story, which is interwoven with a government agency that for some reason wants them lobotomised.

It is not the usual kind of thing that I watch but saw it had excellent ratings on IMDb so gave it a shot, and it is really good. There is a lot of sexual content, mostly gay sex (one icky moment with a soggy strap-on being discarded was just a shade too gratuitous), which will be offputting to some - I have just ignored the sex scenes to be honest because I am enjoying the story so much. The Wachowski's made it, so the transgender themes are not that surprising and are also unsurprisingly candid and believable.

I am about 2/3rds through the first season, and really looking forward to seeing how it ends and getting on to S2.

I am fully up to date on this and waiting for the final season. Its been really very good. I am interested to see how its all going to end.
Just once I want radiation to turn something into a giant fluffy bunny, instead of the Grand Poobah of all Mirelurks.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:15 pm

Prey wrote:Dr Smith has to be the worst cookie cutter 'villain' I've yet seen in such a show as she's just so diabolically poor at being bad and her acts of villainy are nigh on laughable at the best of times. I mean I like Parker Posey but holy crap she is sat down in this shot or laid down in that shot and all the while she's scheming her little plans while nobody (until a set point) even questioned the validity of her background story. Her turn in this makes her turn in Blade III come across as pure Oscar material.

I am glad its not just me who cant stand the character.
Just once I want radiation to turn something into a giant fluffy bunny, instead of the Grand Poobah of all Mirelurks.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:59 pm

Good people, Evil Dead fans everywhere, I bid you a heartfelt farewell playing Ash - the character I took acting lessons with for 39 years.

I am hereby retiring from that portrayal. It’s time. I followed Ash from his formative years thru his mid-life crisis and decline. What a thrill! What a privilege!

We had a great resurgence with the help of Starz (kudos not jeers, folks). They made it possible for 15 more hours of Evil Dead-ness in your life - the equivalent of 10 more features!

Is Ash dead? Never. Ash is as much a concept as a person. Where there is evil in this world, there must be one to counter - man or woman, it matters not.

Thanks for watching.

Love,

Bruce

:cry:

End of an era.

:(
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:28 pm

Fuck :x :( :cry:

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Wed May 02, 2018 4:48 pm

Happy

Just appeared on Netflix. An ex-cop turned hitman is suddenly visited by a little girls imaginary friend, a talking blue unicorn...

This is fucking nuts, utterly bonkers stuff. It's the sort of thing if someone tried to explain it, you'd think they were high. Enjoyed it all the same mind you, but only watched first episode. Anymore in one sitting would have been headache inducing.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed May 02, 2018 5:01 pm

Have added this to my watchlist... understood it's pretty crazy so will wait until we're in the mood to be challenged!
My face is tired.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Wed May 02, 2018 6:12 pm

Watched two so far and enjoying the silliness :)

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Fri May 04, 2018 9:15 am

Just watched The Alienist, and I have to say it was right up my street.

Eny

Postby Eny » Sat May 05, 2018 5:05 pm

Animalmother wrote:Happy

Just appeared on Netflix. An ex-cop turned hitman is suddenly visited by a little girls imaginary friend, a talking blue unicorn...

This is fucking nuts, utterly bonkers stuff. It's the sort of thing if someone tried to explain it, you'd think they were high. Enjoyed it all the same mind you, but only watched first episode. Anymore in one sitting would have been headache inducing.

Yep, we started watching this last night and it is good, with plenty going on. Gives me Max Payne feels, weirdly.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln

˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

PreviousNext

Return to TV & Film