Good TV (aka, the TV series spamthread)

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Animalmother

Re: Good TV (aka, the TV series spamthread)

Postby Animalmother » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:30 pm

eVoL wrote:Ash season 3 continues to be just pure fun

Still a hoot anyway, practical effects are hilarious.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:29 pm

Dr@gon-UK wrote:Agree mate, finger in the dike doesn't quite cover it.

*titters*

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:31 pm

Animalmother wrote:
eVoL wrote:Ash season 3 continues to be just pure fun

Still a hoot anyway, practical effects are hilarious.

The Helga fight was one of the best things in all of TV :lol:
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:11 am

what service is showing Ash ?
Games playing : Attila Total War / Syndicate / Warlock Of Firetop Mountain / 2000:1 A Space Felony

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:46 pm

Achtung Englander wrote:what service is showing Ash ?

I think its Spike TV, so far downloading it is my only option. I'd be very surprised if it doesn't end up on Netflix at some point.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:37 am

After initially dismissing From Dusk Till Dawn the tv series I oddly found myself getting into it slowly but surely and ended up watching the complete 3 series run. I will state right now that Eiza González had nothing to do with it whatsoever...I'm lying of course, hot af. As it turned out it was actually pretty damn entertaining for the most part especially once Jake Busey turned up. Could have been better sure but it could have been much worse also.
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

Pew-Pew

Postby Pew-Pew » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:34 am

Prey wrote:After initially dismissing From Dusk Till Dawn the tv series I oddly found myself getting into it slowly but surely and ended up watching the complete 3 series run. I will state right now that Eiza González had nothing to do with it whatsoever...I'm lying of course, hot af. As it turned out it was actually pretty damn entertaining for the most part especially once Jake Busey turned up. Could have been better sure but it could have been much worse also.

That's still going? I remember watching the first few episodes but assumed it was a mini series or something.
Prey wrote: plus i rally want to jukmp on my wife but she ssleep.

i might ha ve to giver her a moo o rtwo

-_-

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:09 am

I couldn't make it through the first 15 minutes of Dusk Til Dawn series, it just looked and felt so bad.

Watched first episode of Altered Carbon last night, very interesting I must say. Production value is top notch. Had to stop myself watching the next episode or I would have been up all night.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:44 pm

Anyone else caught the first episode of Lost in Space yet? I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by it especially as it came to those last ten minutes. It's looking pretty promising if the first one is anything go by. It took me the entire episode to finally click that the father figure is Gustav Graves.
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:02 am

Those people talking about 'Ash', would I be correct to assume you mean Ash Vs Evil Dead?

If so I may have to go back, d/l'ed Season 1 a while back and watched some, had some smiles but no belly laughs, and kinda petered out. Might be worth a second try.

Re-watching Metalocalypse at the moment, just too funny for people who dwell in the land of metal :)
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:43 pm

Prey wrote:Anyone else caught the first episode of Lost in Space yet? I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by it especially as it came to those last ten minutes. It's looking pretty promising if the first one is anything go by. It took me the entire episode to finally click that the father figure is Gustav Graves.

Watched the first couple of episodes. Looks interesting, so I will see where it goes.

On a different note, I have finally finished all three seasons of Fargo. Enjoyed them all, hope there is a fourth.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:12 am

Snowy wrote:Those people talking about 'Ash', would I be correct to assume you mean Ash Vs Evil Dead?

If so I may have to go back, d/l'ed Season 1 a while back and watched some, had some smiles but no belly laughs, and kinda petered out. Might be worth a second try.

I never got on that well with S1. I’m not sure if it was because it’s onlt gotten better with each season or I’m my love for ED made me a stubborn cynical trollop.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Tichinde

Postby Tichinde » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:11 am

gpa-gone-west wrote:On a different note, I have finally finished all three seasons of Fargo. Enjoyed them all, hope there is a fourth.

I found they just got progressively worse. None of it's bad but it just slowly got less interesting for me.
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey
:D

"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:46 pm

Tichinde wrote:
gpa-gone-west wrote:On a different note, I have finally finished all three seasons of Fargo. Enjoyed them all, hope there is a fourth.

I found they just got progressively worse. None of it's bad but it just slowly got less interesting for me.

I'd say I preferred the third more than the second, but the first series is by far and away the best. A lot of that is down to Martin Freeman and Billy-Bob, both of whom turned in great performances.
My face is tired.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:42 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
Tichinde wrote:

I'd say I preferred the third more than the second, but the first series is by far and away the best. A lot of that is down to Martin Freeman and Billy-Bob, both of whom turned in great performances.

Strange. I found the second to be the best, and the third not quite as good but better than the first.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

PreviousNext

Return to TV & Film