World Cup 2014

They think its all over... got cancelled.

Medicine Man

Re: World Cup 2014

Postby Medicine Man » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:44 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:
Medicine Man wrote:
Sly Boots wrote:It looks like it will be Barca's problem.

Don't Barcelona have a transfer embargo?

Not right now, it is suspended whilst they appeal.

Ah, of course it is. Thanks.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:05 am

Tabarez is to resign from FIFA over the Suarez punishment. He also gave a very strange press conference yesterday.

http://www.espnfc.us/team/uruguay/212/b ... ed-uruguay

Uruguay need to stop blaming everyone else for what has happened to Suarez and accept that Suarez himself is to blame for everything that has happened to him.

EDIT: 888 has also dropped Suarez as an ambassador. If a gambling company has decided you are too controversial to represent it, then you know you have done something pretty bad.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Zael

Postby Zael » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:28 am

I think what I've taken most out of the whole Uruguayan meltdown is how well Liverpool are dealing with all this. While Uruguay are point fingers at everyone but Suarez, they've calmly released a statement saying they're going to review the decision. I hope they continue with this good grace and just accept the ban. It might give the Uruguayan FA some idea of dignity.

One things for certain though, the way Suarez is being coddled a fourth bite is going to happen.
http://gameviewsonline.blogspot.com

A blog about games - Now with increased vigor!

Updates every Wednesday.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:53 am

We're selling him, could even be quite soon.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:28 pm

Zael wrote:I think what I've taken most out of the whole Uruguayan meltdown is how well Liverpool are dealing with all this. While Uruguay are point fingers at everyone but Suarez, they've calmly released a statement saying they're going to review the decision. I hope they continue with this good grace and just accept the ban. It might give the Uruguayan FA some idea of dignity.

One things for certain though, the way Suarez is being coddled a fourth bite is going to happen.

I think they learned after the way they handled the racism stuff that it would be better to remain quiet over things that relate to Suarez.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:35 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:
Zael wrote:I think what I've taken most out of the whole Uruguayan meltdown is how well Liverpool are dealing with all this. While Uruguay are point fingers at everyone but Suarez, they've calmly released a statement saying they're going to review the decision. I hope they continue with this good grace and just accept the ban. It might give the Uruguayan FA some idea of dignity.

I think they learned after the way they handled the racism stuff that it would be better to remain quiet over things that relate to Suarez.

Well, as they say, thrice bitten, twice shy....
My face is tired.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:01 pm

Well last nights Germany v Algeria game was a cracker. I cant see Germany winning this unless their defence takes a 'run faster' pill or two. Then again, I am yet to be fully convinced about any of the usual suspects to be honest.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:05 pm

USA v Belgium was a great game if anyone caught it.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:51 am

In this World Cup more than any other before I feel that quality has been the deciding factor. Many of the knock-out games have seen teams without star quality working together to keep better teams at bay, but in every match the quality of the better teams has told. It's been a bit of a shame really as it would have been nice to see at least one of the lesser teams progress, especially as some of the top teams have been pretty average. In nearly every game the underdog has had a chance to score or win the game, but not once have they taken it. Heartbreaking really.

The Quarter Finals will probably now be as dull as ditch-water as it has been the underdogs making the knock-out phase exciting. The only game I can see still being exciting is the Columbia v Brazil game. The rest might be pretty caged affairs.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:20 am

Do you know, I really cant call this. Now we are don to the quarters. It could go anywhere. The usual powers may suddenly get better, but take the two 'Stars' away from Brazil and Argentina and they look average.

Eny

Postby Eny » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:05 pm

USA were exemplary last night, awesome game, where penalties would actually have been a fair decider if Belgium hadn't got the winner. I'd be happy with a Holland v Colombia final.... but somehow I think it might end up with Germany v whoever in the end.
Last edited by Eny on Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln

˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:29 pm

Eny wrote:USA were exemplary last night, awesome game, where penalties would actually have been a fair decider if Belgium hadn't got the winner. is be happy with a Holland v Colombia final.... but somehow I think it might end up with Germany v whoever in the end.

I was only thinking this afternoon about Holland v Columbia in the final.

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:41 pm

Love to see holland go all the way.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:08 am

Holy shit, Neymar broke his back last night.

So much for Brazil winning it then.
My face is tired.

Eny

Postby Eny » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:50 am

It did look bad. The ref was pathetic with his carding, he should have given a couple in the first half and kept the violence down a bit.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln

˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

PreviousNext

Return to A Question of Sport