International footy

They think its all over... got cancelled.

DjchunKfunK

Re: International footy

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:48 pm

I would say losing 4-0 is getting worked over, depsite how well you played in areas of the match. :)

As for Welbeck I think it is a decent signing. I've always liked him to a certain extent when I have seen him play for England. Hard to know more than that as I haven't seen enough of him. Fellow pros seem to rate him quite highly so I am looking forward to what he can do. He certainly has skill and can finish and I would probably say that in some areas he is a better fit than Giroud, especially in terms of his pace. It could be a bit like Sturridge, in that once he is given a chance he starts to shine. £16m is a fair bit to pay for him, but then that is the England tax at work. I would certainly have preferred him over Balotelli as Welbeck suits our system more than Balotelli would and he is younger and has less baggage. It could work out to be a stroke of genius or he could just provide decent cover till Giroud comes back. I don't think there is really any down side to it.

The lack of a defensive signing is what irked me more.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:05 pm

We didn't lose 4-0 mate, 3-1.
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:53 pm

My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:11 pm

Arsene Wenger doesn't make substitutions until the 70th minute because of stats, so you can't always trust stats. :) I would rather have him than Hazard though as he produces more per game.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:46 pm

I remember Sturridge scored his first full-squad goal for us in the FA Cup against Sheffield Wednesday. We were still 2-1 down and he did the dance.

GET BACK UP THE FIELD AND PUT THE BALL ON THE KICK OFF SPOT YA TWAT. ¬_¬
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Previous

Return to A Question of Sport