Formula 1 - 2016 on CH4, Page 90 Onwards

They think its all over... got cancelled.

Nethlyn

Re: Formula 1 - 2016 on CH4, Page 90 Onwards

Postby Nethlyn » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:15 pm

Still worth a watch for Verstappen doing a Kimi and driving the wheels off the car from last place. With a new owner and new cars next year we'll see what happens but happy for Rosberg getting into the champions' club, sad to see Button and Massa go but as long as it's drivers changing rather than the rules we'll see what happens next season.
Youtube Channel Currently Offline https://www.youtube.com/ channel/ UCImKjJptbRwGw0nHMykzeqg
Blog: http://kensmoviereview.wordpress.com

Eny

Postby Eny » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:34 pm

I hope Jenson is on the telly a lot in the future, he is a fantastic bloke and would be great in a prominent role on terrestrial TV.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln

˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:36 pm

A fitting champion for what has been a pretty bad season.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:47 pm

He was interviewed on radio 5 live yesterday. He seemed like a really sound bloke. Hamilton seems like an arse. I know nothing about formula 1 but I'm glad Rosberg won.

Marty Fuffkin

Postby Marty Fuffkin » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:09 am

I honestly thought Rosburg was going to buckle under the pressure and crash, but he held firm. Fair play to him.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:22 am

Hamilton blaming his engine DNF as the reason he lost the championship is dubious considering his driving style may well have been the reason it exploded. He mostly drove better than Rosberg this season, but Rosberg was no pushover unlike previous years. He absolutely earned the championship win.

They're both terrible losers, though. :lol: If you can't show some genuine respect and admiration for the winner when you lose then you're a poor sportsman, no matter the circumstances. Hamilton's forced podium hug was painful, and let's not forget Rosberg's infamous hat-toss when Hamilton won last year. They need to get over themselves now they're both championship winners.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

katarn

Postby katarn » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:50 am

I'm happy for Nico to have won. It's not his fault Lewis had more bad luck than him this year (which I think is a fair assessment); but he still needed to stay calm and not make any silly mistakes as the season wore on. A lot of drivers would have found a way to cock up that opportunity under pressure.

Lewis shouldn't be too downheartened, it doesn't really change things; he's a multiple F1 champion and Nico's a solid driver who took advantage of the situation. The better driver can't always win.

I'm hoping with the changes next year we'll have some proper competition for the Mercedes.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:05 pm

Hamilton blaming his engine DNF as the reason he lost the championship is dubious considering his driving style may well have been the reason it exploded.

I'm not sure there is any evidence at all to support that theory, especially considering it was multiple parts that went wrong on his engine. Ultimately if Hamilton's engine hadn't given out in Malaysia he would have won the championship so I think he has a right to claim that reliability killed his chances.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:21 pm

His general driving style is more aggressive than Rosberg's, which is the only reason I suggest that could have been behind it. But even if it was reliability to blame, Rosberg's car was subject to the same reliability. Luck does play a part in F1 and that's always been the case, so I don't think it's entirely justified for Hamilton to bang on about his DNF if Rosberg could easily have had a mechanical DNF at some point as well.

Photos!

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:22 pm

No German GP next year and Brazil is listed as provisional, every year we lose more good circuits. At least the Canadian GP has managed to keep its place.

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:53 pm

I think it was his starts that let Hamilton down the most. Before the American GP he said he was now confident in his starts because he'd been practising in the simulator all week. Why did he do that towards the end of the season and not right after Australia?
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Eny

Postby Eny » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:57 am

Like as has been said, Hamilton lost it, regardless of the DNF, he fucked up enough starts to overtake the points he would have gained from his car failure. I'm not a fan of Rosberg, but he's won the championship, get over it Hamilton.

Here's to drivers winning the championship next year rather than the best car design....
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln

˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:58 am

Hamilton started on pole and failed to finish 1st in three races. It is not always possible to hook up the start so saying he lost the title because of this is a tad unfair. No driver can consistently get off the line and keep the lead in every race. Meanwhile due to mechanical issues he started from the back of the grid twice, started 10th once and DNF twice. That is a lot of points to lose out on due to circumstances beyond his control.

I understand that people don't like Hamilton and that's fine but he is right to point to the retirements as being a huge contributing factor to him not winning the title.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:28 pm

I like Hamilton well enough, but I think he's far from blameless in losing the title.

Photos!

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:40 pm

No doubt he has screwed up too many starts this season, plus his car has been iffy at times, reliability wise. But had his engine not given up at Malaysia when you was cruising, it would have been a different result.

But credit where it is due, Nico drove well all year, and didnt make any mistakes. Plus he has been very complimentary to Lewis in the days since. Next year will be interesting. New rules and cars for everybody.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

PreviousNext

Return to A Question of Sport