Europe: Champions League/Europa League 12/13

They think its all over... got cancelled.

Me
He's so not aard

Re: Europe: Champions League/Europa League 12/13

Postby Me » Sat May 10, 2014 11:48 am

Just read Burnley had the least amount of squad rotation in the entire professional league structure in England and Scotland. Fucking hell, most years the amount of points reached would have won the championship too. Dyche must be a genius, only paid money for one player too and that wasn't until last Christmas.

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Thu May 15, 2014 10:06 am

I'll flip a coin over catching up just the penalties in the Europa League final since it was 0-0 for the whole game and extra time, and hope for a more exciting Supercup in summer, which I'm assuming will follow the World Cup.
Youtube Channel Currently Offline https://www.youtube.com/ channel/ UCImKjJptbRwGw0nHMykzeqg
Blog: http://kensmoviereview.wordpress.com

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu May 15, 2014 10:11 am

Nethlyn wrote:I'll flip a coin over catching up just the penalties in the Europa League final since it was 0-0 for the whole game and extra time, and hope for a more exciting Supercup in summer, which I'm assuming will follow the World Cup.

Supercup is usually a couple of weeks into the PL season, I think.
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri May 16, 2014 8:29 pm

Looks like City have accepted the Uefa ruling - £18m fine, £32m suspended fine, 21-man CL squad and wage bill next season has to remain the same as this season. Apparently they will also be limited to spending £49m + sales in this transfer window.

Will be interesting to see what they do this summer. I would have thought that would hamper their transfer dealings in some way.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri May 16, 2014 10:35 pm

They seem to think that it will have little effect on them judging by their statement however concerning the squad size I think they are forgeting about the home grown rule.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat May 17, 2014 6:18 am

DjchunKfunK wrote:They seem to think that it will have little effect on them judging by their statement however concerning the squad size I think they are forgeting about the home grown rule.

Especially as most of the players going this summer happen to be mainly homegrown ones, who won't command a big fee or be on big wages currently - likes of Sinclair, Richards, Lescott, maybe Rodwell etc.

I'm sure it won't hamper them quite as much as some people are speculating, but at the same time it will definitely have an effect. I think there's definitely a face-saving element to their statement.
My face is tired.

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Sat May 17, 2014 7:23 am

You know what effect this FFP news has had on me? I spent a large amount of time dreaming that I was sat next to David Moyes, and I listed all the flukey fucking victories he had with Everton against us.

The fucking prick. Hope his eyes explode.
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Previous

Return to A Question of Sport