FOOTBALL.

They think its all over... got cancelled.

Sly Boots
MILF

Re: FOOTBALL.

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:01 pm

Medicine Man wrote:Go go gadget Pardew!! :D

Pardew would be great. You just have to make sure to sack him just before the new manager bounce wears off (so after about six games)...

Seen a few names being reliably mentioned now, and it seems the three main decision-makers at the club are backing different horses. Gazidis wants Arteta, the head of football relations chap wants Luis Enrique (former colleagues at Barca it seems), while their new head of transers wants either Nagelsmann or Domenico Tedesco.

I could be wrong but I don't think any of those would likely get supporters' pulses racing...
My face is tired.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:09 pm

Head of transfers knows what its all about. Listen to him.

In terms of getting pulses racing I'm not sure there's any manager outside of Pep that could have that effect at the moment. Unless of course Big Sam gives you the downstairs tingles. :D

Give it to Nagelsmann and let him craft and coach a team that will then get pulse racing for years to come.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:18 pm

Medicine Man wrote:Head of transfers knows what its all about. Listen to him.

In terms of getting pulses racing I'm not sure there's any manager outside of Pep that could have that effect at the moment.
Unless of course Big Sam gives you the downstairs tingles. :D

Give it to Nagelsmann and let him craft and coach a team that will then get pulse racing for years to come.

*cough* Klopp *cough cough* ;)

I think names like Allegri and - while stylistically he wouldn't be a great fit at Arsenal - Simeone are the sort of exciting names most fans would want to see. Nagelsmann... not sure. Hoffenheim were ok I guess when we played them this season, but they didn't give us too many problems. That said they're doing well in the BL.
My face is tired.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:30 pm

I fully expected him to go to Bayern, personally I think he's ideal for Arsenal, young, energetic, thoughtful and exciting. But hey what do I know, its not my club. :P

Oh yeah Klopp. In my defence I thought you meant available managers... yes... that's right. 8-[

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:39 pm

Medicine Man wrote:I fully expected him to go to Bayern, personally I think he's ideal for Arsenal, young, energetic, thoughtful and exciting. But hey what do I know, its not my club. :P

Oh yeah Klopp. In my defence I thought you meant available managers... yes... that's right. 8-[

It's interesting to speculate how long Pep will be at City, actually. He hasn't spent that long at any one club, and approaching the end of his second year up there. Am sure he'll be there next season and will be hoping to win the CL, but after that... not sure.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:15 pm

Bayern have signed Nico Kovac and Allegro said he is going to remain at Juve. So thats probably him off the list. I just hope we don't take a massive gamble with Veira or Artera. Bit of a rebuilding job required so it's even more of a risk to appoint someone with little to no experience at this level.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu May 03, 2018 9:14 pm

I feel like I'd watched that game tonight a hundred times before. Dominate possession without really creating any clear cut chances and weak at the back, modern Arsenal under Wenger in a nutshell. I'm sure looking forward to not having to watch those kinds of games ever again.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon May 07, 2018 5:12 pm

At least one Arsenal supporter has enjoyed the end of the season:

https://mobile.twitter.com/paddypower/s ... 8531520514
My face is tired.

katarn

Postby katarn » Tue May 08, 2018 1:07 pm

:lol: :lol:

Just realised we're only a month away from the World Cup. :shock:

Surely England are due a major tournament where they're not shit? 2004 was the last one where they looked sort of decent if I recall.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue May 08, 2018 2:56 pm

katarn wrote::lol: :lol:

Just realised we're only a month away from the World Cup. :shock:

Surely England are due a major tournament where they're not shit? 2004 was the last one where they looked sort of decent if I recall.

Wouldn't bet on it mate. While I don't think Southgate is doing a bad job per se, I feel like this is the least exciting England squad in my 20+ years following football, and they seem pragmatic under GS rather than dazzling.

Weirdly, what used to be a big strength for us for ages, defence, feels like a real weakness currently. Cahill and Stones are practically first-choice by default, but both come with big question marks, and the less said about the keeper choices the better.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue May 08, 2018 3:01 pm

I've not watched much England football over the last year, but what I have caught has been encouraging. I think we are playing much better football than we have in a while, but it is a bit sporadic. We have some good young players, but I'm not convinced by our defence. We do have one of the best strikers in the world though so we have a chance of doing decently. I'd take progressing through the first round of knock-outs.

katarn

Postby katarn » Tue May 08, 2018 3:22 pm

I just want to see them play to a system and look like they know what they're trying to do. Too often they look confused and at odds with eachother in major tournaments.

In friendles/qualifiers they nearly always look a more competent side than the one which turns up in the summer for some reason.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue May 15, 2018 9:47 am

Big report in the Mirror today by John Cross, their main Arsenal reporter who seems to have something of an inside track, on how Arteta is now the front-runner for the job, and is Gazidis' preferred option. Pep has also said he won't stand in his way in the event of a job offer.

Big gamble if it happens.
My face is tired.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Tue May 15, 2018 11:00 am

Could be worse, it could've been Gerrard. :lol:

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue May 15, 2018 11:42 am

Medicine Man wrote:Could be worse, it could've been Gerrard. :lol:

Hard to know who's got the worse end of that deal...
My face is tired.

PreviousNext

Return to A Question of Sport