FOOTBALL.

They think its all over... got cancelled.

Sly Boots
MILF

FOOTBALL.

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:24 pm

A new season, so seemed right and proper to start a new thread.

AVB confirmed as Spurs boss, an interesting season coming up for them I feel. And Neth, fairly gutted your lot are signing Sigurdsson. :cry:
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Re: Premier League and Championship footy 2012/13

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:25 pm

Spurs college at work seems convinced this is a bad move. I'm not so sure, it depends if the players are willing to buy-in to his methods or whether they are going to do a Chelsea.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

katarn

Postby katarn » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:29 pm

I think the lads at Spurs will be a bit more open to him, so it may work out well for them. Still don't really get why they ditched Harry, but what's done is done.

I'm...apprehensive about Newcastle. Quite often the season after a team surprises everyone and does well they disappoint. We still need more players in our squad.

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:51 pm

I don't want the new season to start. ^_^
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Sly Boots wrote:A new season, so seemed right and proper to start a new thread.

AVB confirmed as Spurs boss, an interesting season coming up for them I feel. And Neth, fairly gutted your lot are signing Sigurdsson. :cry:

Sigurdsson :-k Don't know enough about him so we'll see if he works out or if it's yet another foreign first team place-blocker keeping an English kid on loan.

AVB as manager ](*,)

Meh, he'll be gone by the transfer window if the results slump, I'll settle for midtable at best if he stays.
Youtube Channel Currently Offline https://www.youtube.com/ channel/ UCImKjJptbRwGw0nHMykzeqg
Blog: http://kensmoviereview.wordpress.com

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:55 pm

Man what is it about the British and our ability to write someone off so quickly. Yeah he had a bad season at Chelsea, but this guy managed Porto to a League title a UEFA cup triumph and a Portugese Cup triumph all in his first full season in charge. Plus he finished the season undefeated and 20 points clear at the top. He didn't become a bad manager overnight.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:34 pm

Bad players make a bad manager. True story.

katarn

Postby katarn » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:59 pm

Van Persie's not extending his contract then:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18712651

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:11 pm

I think this means he might be coming to City then. I hope that jynxes it though. As great a player as he is, I think he's a bit of a nob and at 29, he's not gonna get better.

EDIT: I didn't realise he was linked to Barca as well. Go to Barca, please. ¬_¬
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:17 pm

Would be interesting to see how Arsenal get on next season with two strikers - Podolski and Giroud - who haven't played in England before.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:57 pm

Terribly disrespectful move by VP. He doesn't have to sign a new contract if he doesn't want to, but to broadcast all this on his personal website is just the wrong way to go about things, especially as this is how the club found out about his decision as well. We will survive without him as we have done for most of the eight years he has been at the club.

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:33 am

Agreed Nat, but you can't have the Fabregas and Nasri, or even the Modric/Spurs soap opera all over again, the player doesn't want to be there, sell him, cash in on his best ever season and let him get injured again somewhere else.

DjchunKfunK wrote:Man what is it about the British and our ability to write someone off so quickly. Yeah he had a bad season at Chelsea, but this guy managed Porto to a League title a UEFA cup triumph and a Portugese Cup triumph all in his first full season in charge. Plus he finished the season undefeated and 20 points clear at the top. He didn't become a bad manager overnight.

Maybe AVB has had his Hodgson/Liverpool moment at Chelsea then, loads of success overseas, faltering slightly at a big club in England with a nutjob owner. Fact remains I'd rather not have him experimenting with my club but fair enough, our squad's got a mix of ages unlike the Blues so maybe it'll work. I predict Liverpool will have the better season for rebuilding if they have no European distractions.
Youtube Channel Currently Offline https://www.youtube.com/ channel/ UCImKjJptbRwGw0nHMykzeqg
Blog: http://kensmoviereview.wordpress.com

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:44 am

Unless we get a terrible draw for the qualis, then we'll be in the Europa, same as Spurs, this season.

TBF we had no Europe this season just gone, and had our worst finish since the 50s, or something ridiculous like that.

A lot depends on what signings we can make - we have clear gaps in our squad, but no guarantees we can recruit well enough to fill them. Turbulent season coming up for us, I fear.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:10 pm

Things getting worse at Arsenal. Red and White Holdings have released a statement criticising the board and the way they have been doing things. Could be a difficult summer at the club. :( Link is below if anyone is interested.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/99187277/Red- ... to-Arsenal

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:01 am

Just over a week to go, and transers are gradually happening.

Arsenal have just confirmed Cazorla... how do supporters view their prospects this season, after getting him, Giroud and Podolski in, and a few more rumoured to be on their way?

Also, feel free to enter a team in the PW Fantasy Football league, unlimited transfers until it all kicks off, so you can play with your lineups for the next ten days or so: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28360&start=15
My face is tired.

Next

Return to A Question of Sport