FOOTBALL.

They think its all over... got cancelled.

Jez

Re: FOOTBALL.

Postby Jez » Sun May 15, 2016 5:14 pm

I have a feeling we won't find out either way.

Eny

Postby Eny » Sun May 15, 2016 9:07 pm

Training devices left behind after the security company had an exercise for sniffer dogs....They won't be a viable company from now on.... :roll:
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln

˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun May 15, 2016 9:28 pm

Ooooppppsie. Could be costly that.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sun May 15, 2016 9:54 pm

Seriously?! Oh man, that is bad...
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon May 16, 2016 11:19 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed May 18, 2016 9:55 pm

Well that was shit.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu May 19, 2016 1:26 pm

I was surprised at the speed in which it went south for Liverpool in the second half. I didn't think they had been brilliant in the first half, but had done enough to deserve the lead. Seville looked a lot better once they tried to actually get the ball down and play rather than hoofing it long so massive credit to Unai Emery for making the tactical change.

Best moment of the night though was Michael Owen's punditry after the match. Pure comedic gold.

Sly do you feel Liverpool only need a few tweaks to the team in order to make a big step forward next season? That seemed to be the prevailing thought from the pundits lastnight, but I feel the team is severely lacking in a number of areas and apart from Coutinho (who is rather sporadic) and Sturridge (who is injured a lot) don't have any stand-out performers.

I'm sure a pre-season under Klopp will help, but while I think he is a good manager he isn't a miracle worker and if you look at the Dortmund side he had it was quite a bit better than this current Liverpool one.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat May 21, 2016 10:24 pm

Sorry, Dj, only just saw your post.

I think we'll be a lot better next season, but I also think there'll be a lot of change this summer. I wouldn't be surprised to see at least a dozen players go, possibly more, and as many as 8 in (we've already signed two).

That Dortmund side was good, but he built it from pretty much scratch and will be looking to do the same here. I doubt we'll see any 'big names' coming in (maybe Gotze), instead it will be youngsters he thinks will be the next Aubameyang's, Gundogan's etc. Consequently, top four would probably be good for us to achieve next season, given we'll have a pretty young team. But the season after that? It could all come together.

Watch out for Divock Origi next season. Was in a real hot streak when he got taken out by that animal from Everton, and I suspect it won't be long before he's first-choice. Pace, strength, work-rate, height... and has started to bang them in on a regular basis. Under Klopp's guidance, he could well be a star.

Firmino too will be excellent next season. Became more consistent after Christmas, ended his first PL campaign as our top scorer with 10, 8 assists (11, 11 in all comps).
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat May 21, 2016 10:55 pm

All foreign names. Any British players coming through at all these days? I haven't followed a team for years because of this probably since the 98 world cup in fact.

Hear them all in work talking about these foreign players and I can't understand how they can reconcile them with their various British clubs.

Makes me sad. I'm Irish but I still like to see a good England team play and I haven't seen that since the 90 world cup.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sun May 22, 2016 6:53 am

Jez wrote:All foreign names. Any British players coming through at all these days? I haven't followed a team for years because of this probably since the 98 world cup in fact.

Hear them all in work talking about these foreign players and I can't understand how they can reconcile them with their various British clubs.

Makes me sad. I'm Irish but I still like to see a good England team play and I haven't seen that since the 90 world cup.

We have a generation of players coming up from the academy who saw some first-team action this season. None who I would point to as being the next Gerrard or anything, but a bunch of solid kids who will be in and around the squad.

Jordon Ibe, Sheyi Ojo, Cameron Brannagan, Danny Ward are probably the best picks from the U21s, and there are a few in the U18s who will start to appear in another year or two.

Above them you have the likes of Danny Ings and Kevin Stewart, who we picked up from other clubs but are talented English players... but my personal pick would be 19yo Joe Gomez who we picked up from Charlton. Rolls-Royce of a defender who was unfortunately injured for the season in October, but will be ready for the start of next season.

That's without mentioning Connor Randall, who has played but I don't think is that good, and Jon Flanagan, who is good but just emerging from a horrendous two years of injuries, and no idea if he'll be able to get back to where he was.

I won't say Liverpool is a production line for young English players, but we do better than some of the other clubs competing at the top end of the table.

Our first-team regularly includes Daniel Sturridge, Jordan Henderson, Nathaniel Clyne, Adam Lallana and James Milner, all English internationals. Joe Allen (Welsh) also plays fairly often.
My face is tired.

Tommy

Re: Premier League and Championship footy 2012/13

Postby Tommy » Mon May 30, 2016 1:27 pm

Sly Boots wrote:Johnson and Fletcher are pretty good signings for Sunderland... where did Tommy get to?

Oh the gift of hindsight.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:15 pm

I heart Klopp.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:30 pm

It will all be over by January. :)

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:39 pm

I don't think we'll be quite that far ahead by then... ;)
My face is tired.

katarn

Postby katarn » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:19 pm

I actually watched a live PL match for the first time in ages - Chelsea v Everton. They were shit hot, I'd be tempted to say they could win the league playing like that.

With Liverpool doing well, perhaps I might try and get back to watching it a bit more. Could be an entertaining season.

PreviousNext

Return to A Question of Sport