Le Mans 24 Hours

They think its all over... got cancelled.

Rossell

Re: Le Mans 24 Hours

Postby Rossell » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:33 pm

Is that all in MotoGP mate?

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:33 pm

Dan Weldon was indy car racing, happened just one week before marco in motogp. I watched the marco one live, it not a good feeling seeing it live. Same with senna, saw that one live as well.

Didnt see this years aston le mans one, tuned in a couple of minutes after it happened.

On that subject, Porsche did a really nice video tribute post Le Mans. You should look it up if you can find it.

Found it:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UotNe4FbkcQ
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:48 pm

Well I managed to get to the first race of this years World Endurance Championship, the Six hour race at Silverstone yesterday. Once again it was a cracking race, especially during the first hour.

It was also Mark Webber's/Porsche's first race. They finished third behing a Toyota one/two. A very good effort for their first race. The two Audi's binned it, one got back to the pits, was repaired, only to bin it again. Ooops. As is the case in a multi-class sport like this, there was lots of action and drama. It only takes five or six laps from the start of the race for the fastest guys at the front to catch up to the slower guys at the back. Pissed it down big time about forty five minutes before the end. They ended up stopping the race around twenty five minutes early due to the amount of water on the track. Still, a cracking event.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:51 pm

Well, after having won 13 of the last 15 Le Mans, Audi finally got beat with a Porsche 1-2 today, with Brit Nick Tandy one of the winning drivers. Some great racing in all categories this year.

Previous

Return to A Question of Sport