Silverstone 2012

They think its all over... got cancelled.

Rossell

Silverstone 2012

Postby Rossell » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:57 pm

OK. Watching the crowd walk the track this afternoon made me yearn to go there. So I'm going to plan a trip for next years race. I was wondering if anyone else has any experience of doing such a thing and what thye can recommend me. Corners to sit at for the best action, shall we camp? Or good hotels?

Things to do other then watch the race? Whats the prices like etc. I'm gonna do my research but I'm hoping for advice and tips.

Cheers.

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:41 pm

I've not been but I've heard that some people have found it cheaper to go to Monza for the weekend!
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:52 pm

There are some European races that are quite cheap to get to but if Silverstone is what you are after (and it does tend to provide excellent races) then try this

Camping tends to be a lot of fun, you get a decent bunch of folks all up for a beer and a laugh, and they don't tend to be the kind of folks that make you wish you weren't British.

Added bonus, you head back after the race and either get blasted for a final night, or pack up your gear, either way you miss the worst of the traffic.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Eny

Postby Eny » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:02 pm

A gang of us went in '95 - the local agricultural engineers. We had a marquee and home-made oil drum barbecue; half a cow's worth of beef and a van of beer. We had a fantastic weekend and watched everything, practice, qually, Porche races, the lot; as well as the Grand Prix itself. We even sat on Club corner right where they've moved the Grandstand and Grid to now, it was just a grass bank back then. Great fun before all the changes, just dirt tracks and a grass field to camp on. They had a BigTop marquee in the middle of the site too, basically a bar and stage for bands and beer in the evenings.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln

˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

gpa-gone-west

Re: Silverstone 2012

Postby gpa-gone-west » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:28 pm

Me, my brother and my dad went to the 6 hour endurance Le-Mans race at silverstone on September 11th. We were lucky to get vip hospitality tickets so we were right above the pits. My god that Audi r18 is bloody fast, and freakily quiet. The aston DBR-9 took the crown for the loudest.

48 cars started the race and only 6 failed to finish. Lots of close racing the whole race, with the winning peugeot only pulling ahead in the last 40 minutes. Will definitely go again next year.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

Return to A Question of Sport