Should John Terry be stripped of England captaincy?

They think its all over... got cancelled.

Should John Terry be stripped of England captaincy?

Yes
50%
No
30%
Who's John Terry?
20%

Total votes : 20

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:52 am

Yeah Lampard is too quiet. Gerrard would be a good choice if he was playing well. James might even be worth a shout if he manages to stay injury free.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:01 pm

Ferdinand?
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:24 pm

Terry loses the captaincy.

"When I chose John Terry as captain, I also selected a vice-captain (Rio Ferdinand) and also named a third choice. There is no reason to change this decision.

Sounds like Rio to be captain now, then. And who was third choice? Gerrard?
My face is tired.

katarn

Postby katarn » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:25 pm

:o :o

topfear

Postby topfear » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:29 pm

Probably for the best.

Terry can redeem himself in my eyes if he puts in a stellar performance at the world cup.

And also doesn't win the epl with chelsea. :|

Adam

Postby Adam » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:50 pm

Sly Boots wrote:Terry loses the captaincy.

"When I chose John Terry as captain, I also selected a vice-captain (Rio Ferdinand) and also named a third choice. There is no reason to change this decision.

Yeah, it was Gerrard. Rio is a good choice for captain, my worry is that he might not even make the World Cup, and if he does, he might not be in the form that we need him in. He's been weaker than I've ever seen him at times this season, and they've been the few times he's actually managed full fitness. He's got time to get back, let's just hope he does.
www.thelineofbestfit.com

p.s. - I am wanking as I write this

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:10 pm

Adam wrote:
Sly Boots wrote:Terry loses the captaincy.

Yeah, it was Gerrard. Rio is a good choice for captain, my worry is that he might not even make the World Cup, and if he does, he might not be in the form that we need him in. He's been weaker than I've ever seen him at times this season, and they've been the few times he's actually managed full fitness. He's got time to get back, let's just hope he does.

It seems a slightly odd decision though. Not from a leadership point of view, mind, but Capello has presumably made the decision to demote Terry on purely moralistic grounds. But is having a bit on the side - and it sounds as though it was Bridge's ex rather than partner at the time - any better or worse than skipping out of a drugs test?

I don't feel strongly either way, but it seems like if you're basing a decision like that on moral grounds, you have to consider the new captain along the same criteria.
My face is tired.

katarn

Postby katarn » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:16 pm

I forget exactly how it played out, but wasn't the general opinion of Rio's missed drug test scandal that he was just an idiot?

People don't seem to think too badly of him morally - as far as I know he's not regarded as thuggish/twattish. Just that he made a complete tit of himself once and paid the price.

Adam

Postby Adam » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:30 pm

I like the decision, purely because, as I said, I hate "JT", but I find it hard to admire on a moral level as most people seem to be doing. How can Gerrard still be vice-captain, for example, after senselessly beating someone up in a nightclub? How can Ashley Cole still be in the squad after driving at TWICE the speed limit, endangering his own and other people's lives? Those two players broke the law, Terry has just acted with dubious judgement. It's been praised for being hard-line, no-nonsense Capello, showing that he won't stand for any scandal or media frenzy that could distract from his World Cup preparation, but more than anything it's just made him look like he's bowing to media pressure by making an example of Terry, but not of Gerrard or Cole. I just don't think Capello should be making his decisions on issues like this.

And, who knows, maybe he isn't - maybe it's just a decent excuse, and he's been wanting to take the captaincy from Terry for a while.
www.thelineofbestfit.com

p.s. - I am wanking as I write this

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:38 pm

Adam wrote:I like the decision, purely because, as I said, I hate "JT", but I find it hard to admire on a moral level as most people seem to be doing. How can Gerrard still be vice-captain, for example, after senselessly beating someone up in a nightclub? How can Ashley Cole still be in the squad after driving at TWICE the speed limit, endangering his own and other people's lives? Those two players broke the law, Terry has just acted with dubious judgement. It's been praised for being hard-line, no-nonsense Capello, showing that he won't stand for any scandal or media frenzy that could distract from his World Cup preparation, but more than anything it's just made him look like he's bowing to media pressure by making an example of Terry, but not of Gerrard or Cole. I just don't think Capello should be making his decisions on issues like this.

And, who knows, maybe he isn't - maybe it's just a decent excuse, and he's been wanting to take the captaincy from Terry for a while.

In the eyes of the law, Gerrard is innocent. He was acquitted.

However, the fact he was trying to get Phil Collins played in a nightclub should automatically bar him from the captaincy...
My face is tired.

Previous

Return to A Question of Sport