Football League 2009/2010

They think its all over... got cancelled.

katarn

Postby katarn » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:54 pm

That was a decent game.

Defoe really should have scored more than 3 though with the chances he had.

Adam

Postby Adam » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:13 pm

Fuck me David Bentley is a Edwin.
www.thelineofbestfit.com

p.s. - I am wanking as I write this

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:13 am

Seriosuly? Defoe only really had one chance where he was free with no pressure that he probably should have scored. The rest were brilliant saves, and brave defence and decent pressure.

Great game even though we lost. Was looking like we'd come out and give them a run for their money but after the second goal we just died. Tired of running around chasing players that have way more stamina and agility.

Hm, well nevermind, we gave it a shot and did ourselves proud. Focus on the league now. Some nice fresh players that were ineligable tonight will probably see a start.

katarn

Postby katarn » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:37 am

Sigur Ros wrote:Seriosuly? Defoe only really had one chance where he was free with no pressure that he probably should have scored. The rest were brilliant saves, and brave defence and decent pressure.

Nah, for a top quality striker I think he should have definitely buried a couple of those other chances. Sure, he got a hat-trick but still...

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:51 am

Bentley as Man of the Match, what were you smoking Robinson. He even said that he would have given it to Defoe if they had waited until he scored his third goal.

It was a great game, nearly a carbon copy of the first, but I think Spurs did a better job of dominating midfield this time around and consequently Beckford was starved of service. Some of his touches though were quality.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Adam

Postby Adam » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:09 pm

We really missed Kisnorbo - Michalik did admirably, but tbh I think Kisnorbo is the only genuinely Premiership class player we have, and we're always going to miss someone like him. Kilkenny was a miss too, not necessarily for him as a player - though we could have done with his scrapping - but because we never look as stable when we play 4-4-2. Becchio did really well, but I think we might have had a different outcome if we'd had the same formation as in the first leg, with Snodgrass playing just behind the striker.

Also, we really need to either get Parker back to fitness, or fast-track Aiden into a left-back, because Hughes is a joke. Luke, as you've no doubt seen more of Higgs than me this season, would you still favour him as first-choice keeper? Ankergren has been massive in recent games, but I honestly don't really know how he compares to Higgs.
www.thelineofbestfit.com

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:32 pm

Higgs really impressed me at the start of the season, there's no doubt he'd be my first choice if he were fit, I mean look at how many clean sheets we had in the first 15 or so games. I really love Casper but he makes so many mistakes that Higgs would have probably done differently, he also seems to lack any sort of command in the box. I think Casper is generally the best shot stopper, but Higgs can handle crosses, seems really confident one on one and has fantastic distribution. I can't count how many times he's thrown the ball out and we've practically been on goal. A difficult decision for Simon when Higgs comes back. I really don't know what's going to happen when he gets fit because we've seen what Casper can do in big matches.

And I agree with the Hughes situation. There has been games when he's been unstoppable at left back. When he's having a bad game though (and it happens often) you know about it. Aiden White at left back for me, he's an overlapping left back whose capable of playing in midfield so you have an attacking left back to supply the wings and play off defenders. Parker, as far as I know is pretty much back to 100%. He's been playing a few reserve games and I'm hoping to see him back in the squad. I just feel for Hughes, when Ben or Aiden step up there's no real place in the squad for him.

Adam

Postby Adam » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:19 pm

ffs bradders :(
www.thelineofbestfit.com

Adam

Postby Adam » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:49 pm

Jesus fucking Christ. I thought we were in good hands with Grayson, but this collapse has been utterly ridiculous. We're heading towards another play-off, and another season in League One if something doesn't change soon.
www.thelineofbestfit.com

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:52 am

At least you weren't there ¬_¬. Dire. A game we should have won really. The guy who scored the second goal should have been sent off too, got a yellow card in the first half then dragged Beckford down as last man. I'm really starting to worry now, it looked like we'd go up as Champions, now we barely look like we'll make automatic. I don't fancy the play offs, again. If we don't managed it this season I think that's it and we'll end up in League One for years.

Emaharg

Postby Emaharg » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:53 pm

Leeds to finish up in Play-Off places. Thats my prediction.

Adam

Postby Adam » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:59 am

Jesus titty fucking Christ. What the hell was that about? Abhorrent performance.
www.thelineofbestfit.com

Adam

Postby Adam » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:34 pm

Oh my word. We're now second by only a single goal. How the hell this has happened, I'll never know. But hello fourth season in League One. :(
www.thelineofbestfit.com

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:15 pm

15th minute in = Becchio knocked out
75th minute in = Grella misses a sitter
89th minute in = Norwich score
90+ 2 = Kandol gets a straight red after being on the pitch for 20 seconds. He strangled someone.

Luckily for us, it's the last time he'll be playing in a Leeds shirt.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:26 am

Another week, another draw which I suppose is better than a defeat, but if we could only convert a few of these draws into wins we would be clear of relegation by now. It's going to be a really tight finish.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

PreviousNext

Return to A Question of Sport