Football League 2009/2010

They think its all over... got cancelled.

Adam

Postby Adam » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:42 am

So, at about half past four we're level on points with Charlton, then Snodders and some lovely Milwall man gives us a four-point lead. That'll do.
www.thelineofbestfit.com

p.s. - I am wanking as I write this

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:44 am

First win in a while pulls us clear of the relegation zone. No doubt we will lose the next few games though. Just so inconsistent.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:18 pm

Leeds United and Man United tomorrow. Looking forward to it, even though we will get hammered. Apparently Fergie doesn't want to risk an upset so he's having Rooney, Vidic and a couple of other 1st team players on from the start. Eeep.

Adam

Postby Adam » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:22 pm

And yet.... awesome. We totally deserved it as well, from every point of view we were the better team. Defended excellently, Man U didn't really have a single clear-cut chance, we took one of ours and could have had two more. I know there were a lot of second string players out there, but I think we've proved that we deserve to be higher up the leagues. Hope we get a decent home draw for the next round, don't really care about progressing any further, we've done the job we needed to. ^_^ In fact we'll probably get torn apart by Arsenal's under16s in the fourth round, but who the fuck cares. So happy!
www.thelineofbestfit.com

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:23 pm

Great performance by Leeds and whilst Man Utd had a few chances to make it a draw, on balance Leeds were the superior side and it would have been very harsh to see Man Utd get something from the game.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Adam

Postby Adam » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:12 pm

Fergie - "The referee gave five minutes of injury time and that's an insult to the game, to the players out there."

What the hell? There was one major incident which stopped the game, which was Becchio's injury, and that took two minutes, tops. Five minutes was a gracious amount of time to be added on, I don't know what the hell Ferguson wanted.
www.thelineofbestfit.com

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:39 pm

Fergie Time.
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Adam

Postby Adam » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:49 pm

Yeah, he hardly helps the reputation of Man U getting favours at Old Trafford by publicly demanding them. What a cock-nosed moron.
www.thelineofbestfit.com

RCHD

Postby RCHD » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:53 pm

Well done Leeds. Always a pleasure to see Sir Alex angered.

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:45 am

Fergie obviously didn't expect us to have even a slight chance. Before the game he was banging on about how we deserved to be in the Prem, then we we do turn up in full force he bitches about how Man Utd played shit and complains about the ref? Fuck off, the ref wasn't biased, he gave some dodgy fouls on both sides but he did a decent job. Now, I hope that settles us and shows us we can defeat anyone if we play well. The only problem I have is the fact that every single team will be looking at the likes of Kisnorbo, Howson, Snoddy and Beckford. Any lose to our side now would hurt us really, really bad.

Adam

Postby Adam » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:19 pm

Not just the players - jokers like West Ham or Bolton might come sniffing around Grayson.
www.thelineofbestfit.com

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:36 pm

They've got no chance of dragging him away. They'll both likely be going down to the Championship anyway. You can see the joy in Grayson every time we score, he's always on the big TV at Home games and he celebrates nearly as much as we do. Leeds is the club for him. Saying all that I just popped onto Squareball and found this quote :

Grayson committed to Leeds
Published: Monday, 4 January 2010, 1:17PM

Leeds boss Simon Grayson has told any club casting admiring glances in his direction to forget it.

With the managerial merry-go-round about to start spinning as Bolton wait to speak with Owen Coyle, minds are already beginning to turn to who Burnley might turn to if, as expected, their Scottish boss quits for the Reebok Stadium.

Grayson is bound to figure high on that list, having impressed at Blackpool before leaving for Leeds 12 months ago, since when he has patiently built a team that look certain to gain promotion to the Coca-Cola Championship this season.

His blossoming reputation was further enhanced yesterday when Leeds recorded their first win at Old Trafford since 1981, dumping Manchester United out of the FA Cup to book a fourth-round trip to Tottenham.

However, any thought Burnley might have of offering someone familiar with the area a chance to cut his managerial teeth in the Premier League can be dismissed immediately.

"My commitment to Leeds United has never been in question," he said.

"I left Blackpool a year ago to join the football club I supported.

"Leeds is a fantastic football club and I am not interested in going anywhere else."

Sunday's match-winner Jermaine Beckford may be toying with the idea of moving up the leagues with Newcastle, but Grayson believes he can achieve all his managerial ambitions by staying where he is.

The chance of restoring a club who reached the Champions League semi-finals in 2001 to former glories was the carrot that enticed him away from Blackpool in the first place.

And, at such an early stage of an enormous project, Grayson has no intention of walking away.

"Leeds do not just have an English fanbase. It is Europe and worldwide," he said.

"But we are in League One for a reason.

"The only way we get back into the big time is by reaching the Championship and then the Premier League. Hopefully that will be the case over the next few years. Maybe one day people will look back at the 2010 team that won at Old Trafford in the FA Cup.

"It is that kind of stage players want to perform on and I certainly want to go back there in the next few years managing Leeds United in the Premier League."

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:38 pm

That Beckford lad's handed in a transfer request.

THOUGHTS PLS.
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:41 pm

I'm not too worried, he handed it in on the 30th and Grayson has been eyeing up replacements for the best part of this year. Here's how i see it. 1st scenario - we sell him and replace him with one of the Strikers Grayson has been looking at to replace him. 2nd scenario - Gain promotion with Beckford onbaord and then let him go, and use the extra money from promotion to buy someone else.

I can't see him playing in the Premiership too much to be honest, if they want to fork out a couple of million for him go ahead. He's probably more suited to the Championship than any other league.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:52 pm

I see him going the same way as people like DJ Campbell or David Nugent... a bit too good for the Championship, not good enough for the Premier League.

He'll probably end up at a yo-yo club and score lots of goals in alternate seasons...
My face is tired.

PreviousNext

Return to A Question of Sport