Transfer Rumours: For 09/10 season

They think its all over... got cancelled.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:04 pm

Emaharg wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/notts_county/8218136.stm

Don't know what to think of this, always thought Campbell was past it when he joined Portsmouth.

He'll be a rock at that level. I thought he looked alright in parts when he was at Pompey too.

Gandalf

Postby Gandalf » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:27 pm

Tommy wrote:
Emaharg wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/notts_county/8218136.stm

Don't know what to think of this, always thought Campbell was past it when he joined Portsmouth.

He'll be a rock at that level. I thought he looked alright in parts when he was at Pompey too.

He's slow as out now like, but he's still built like a house and apart from being slow he's still a top defender and would be great at that level.

Pity Newcastle have obviously passed on him. Fuck sake.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:42 pm

Gandalf wrote:
Tommy wrote:

He's slow as out now like, but he's still built like a house and apart from being slow he's still a top defender and would be great at that level.

Pity Newcastle have obviously passed on him. Fuck sake.

Has that actually been said anywhere?

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:06 pm

Frigging Spurs, supporting this bunch of jokers winds me up sometimes, happy to be 4th but not just because everyone below us is playing just as bad and dropping points...Harry continuing to bring over players from Portsmouth is a win-win if that team needs the cash.

However I hope it's BS that Keane got sold purely to wave a big stick about having a drink, he was Irish and back home FFS, begrudging him a drink was ridiculous and unrealistic.

Pav(yluchenko) on the other hand, get rid of the lazy bastard, don't want a repeat of the Berbatov fiasco. That'll bring in some dosh.

Adam

Postby Adam » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:47 pm

Where are you reading that Keane's been sold? :?
www.thelineofbestfit.com

p.s. - I am wanking as I write this

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:07 pm

I've seen a rumour that West Ham are after him, nothing confirmed though.
My face is tired.

Adam

Postby Adam » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:22 pm

West Ham seem to be after everyone today.

Wonder if either Liverpool or Arsenal are going to scrape the cash together for a striker in the next forty minutes.
www.thelineofbestfit.com

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:52 pm

Beeb said they'd heard we were putting in a late, late offer for Arda Turan (an attacking midfielder), but this was about 4pm. With less than 10 minutes to go now, don't really see it happening.
My face is tired.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:08 pm

Looks like Keane maybe going on loan to Celtic.

Adam

Postby Adam » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:44 pm

Great news for Celtic, rubbish for Spurs - what exactly does Gudjonson offer that Keane didn't? Really odd one. As is Hutton to Sunderland - they've lost arguably their best right-back and brought in no replacement.

Begovic to Stoke is a nice one for me, I had him on my last FM game from League One all the way to Champions League winners, beast of a keeper on the game, it's always nice when Football Manager players make it big IRL. ^_^ Shame for Tommy Sorensen though, who I'd assume is now gonna be playing second fiddle. Pulis isn't the type of boss to bring in a £3.5 million player and then stick him on the bench.

And who's this new joker Liverpool have signed?
www.thelineofbestfit.com

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:09 pm

Adam wrote:Great news for Celtic, rubbish for Spurs - what exactly does Gudjonson offer that Keane didn't? Really odd one. As is Hutton to Sunderland - they've lost arguably their best right-back and brought in no replacement.

Begovic to Stoke is a nice one for me, I had him on my last FM game from League One all the way to Champions League winners, beast of a keeper on the game, it's always nice when Football Manager players make it big IRL. ^_^ Shame for Tommy Sorensen though, who I'd assume is now gonna be playing second fiddle. Pulis isn't the type of boss to bring in a £3.5 million player and then stick him on the bench.

1. Really pleased with Hutton. Was sitting in Tutor in college with my mate (Interestingly called Andy Reid), just staring at the SSN feed. Could've done with a winger, but you can't have everything. Hendo is looking a cracking player.

2. Always thought he was under-rated. Been playing at top level for a fairly long-time now, and he's fairly consistent. Good bloke aswell; stopped for a chat with me and my dad when he was at Sunderland quite happily.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:10 pm

Adam wrote:Great news for Celtic, rubbish for Spurs - what exactly does Gudjonson offer that Keane didn't? Really odd one. As is Hutton to Sunderland - they've lost arguably their best right-back and brought in no replacement.

1. Really pleased with Hutton. Was sitting in Tutor in college with my mate (Interestingly called Andy Reid), just staring at the SSN feed. Could've done with a winger, but you can't have everything. Hendo is looking a cracking player.

2. Always thought he was under-rated. Been playing at top level for a fairly long-time now, and he's fairly consistent. Good bloke aswell; stopped for a chat with me and my dad when he was at Sunderland quite happily

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:12 pm

Adam wrote:And who's this new joker Liverpool have signed?

What's the big deal, we've signed a Greek international right-back on loan for six months, most likely because Johnson is crocked. I'm not sure what qualifies him as a joker or the deal as something to be derided...
My face is tired.

Adam

Postby Adam » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:14 pm

Calm down Black Beauty, I'd just never heard of him and had no idea what or who he was, so referred to him as "joker" rather than anything else.
www.thelineofbestfit.com

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:16 pm

I'm perfectly calm, it just seemed a very odd comment.
My face is tired.

PreviousNext

Return to A Question of Sport