Transfer Rumours: For 09/10 season

They think its all over... got cancelled.

Feet

Transfer Rumours: For 09/10 season

Postby Feet » Sun May 24, 2009 9:08 am

Yep. One week till summer and transfers can begin. Where can your team improve, which dead weight player do you hope to shift, and which player would you like to see in which team?

Man City are rumoured to be bidding for Adebayor. I could live with that, mainly cause they'd happily pay the money we could have got for him after he completed his one and only good season. Silly oil tycoons. ¬_¬

Plenty of big, big players with rumours around them.

Drogba, Tevez, Alonso and of course Ronaldo.
I still love you.

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Re: Transfer Rumours: For 09/10 season

Postby Wolfy » Mon May 25, 2009 9:34 am

Feet wrote:Man City are rumoured BY THE NEWS OF THE WORLD to be bidding for Adebayor. I could live with that, mainly cause they'd happily pay the money we could have got for him after he completed his one and only good season. Silly oil tycoons. ¬_¬

¬_¬
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Zael

Postby Zael » Mon May 25, 2009 10:06 am

Doesn't the transfer window open in July?

Feet

Postby Feet » Mon May 25, 2009 10:15 am

Yeah I think it does, I thought it opened on midnight of the last game of the season... not sure where I got that from, sure I read it somewhere...
I still love you.

katarn

Postby katarn » Mon May 25, 2009 1:27 pm

Transfer rumours for Newcastle Utd: Fire sale.

So who wants Collocini? We'll start at ten pounds.

Gandalf

Postby Gandalf » Mon May 25, 2009 3:18 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 067061.stm

Idiot?

From Chelsea to Championship in 4 years.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Tue May 26, 2009 11:42 am

Beckford's on the transfer list now. Should earn Leeds a fair bit.

Captain Hogan

Postby Captain Hogan » Tue May 26, 2009 12:31 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/05/26/arsene-out-to-land-hange-115875-21389216/

Apparently were going to sign Hangeland.

Would be good if we got him :)

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Tue May 26, 2009 4:36 pm

Me wrote:Beckford's on the transfer list now. Should earn Leeds a fair bit.

I can't see us getting a lot from him. It's basically us trying to get rid of him as quick as possible. His contract ends next season and I can't see anyone offering a lot for him when they could pick him up next season on a free. Leeds also really need a decent Striker. We have no fall back, the other Strikers rarely score and aren't even in the swing of English football yet. Becchio is getting there but he can't run like Beckford, nor does he have Beckfords touch. Next up is Snodgrass, but he's been playing so well on the right wing. Gerra? Nah, he's way too inexperienced and is pretty young to lead the squad up front.

Only way for us to actually get over Beckford is to buy a proven goalscorer. No point in us grabbing another youngster and hoping they can play at the same level as Beckford. Either way, Santa Claus will need to dip his hand in the money jar and give us a flexible transfer fund. Not only do we need a new defensive line up but we now need a Striker.

It's going to be hard to see Beckford in another shirt though. I really liked him, he was lazy , but damn passionate. Viduka come back please :(

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Tue May 26, 2009 8:08 pm

What's this I'm hearing about the window being open now, but the new players cannot be registered to play until the 1st of July? Is that right? Is the window open? :?
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Gandalf

Postby Gandalf » Tue May 26, 2009 8:16 pm

Well the way transfers work is that they can't officially happen until the 1st of July. Contracts and stuff can happen before hand though.

There's nothing to stop clubs making agreements at any point. Just no players can move clubs when the window is closed and no money can change hands.

Captain Hogan

Postby Captain Hogan » Wed May 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Gandalf wrote:Well the way transfers work is that they can't officially happen until the 1st of July. Contracts and stuff can happen before hand though.

There's nothing to stop clubs making agreements at any point. Just no players can move clubs when the window is closed and no money can change hands.

Aye, Legally binding contracts can be signed to transfer the player at any time. The player just won't be able any competitive matches until after the 1st of July.

As there are no competitive matches till after this time the window is effectively open and clubs will do business.

Feet

Postby Feet » Fri May 29, 2009 11:11 am

Brazilian World Cup winner Leonardo is set to take over from Carlo Ancelotti as AC Milan coach next season.
(Full story in Italian: Gazzetta dello Sport)

Chelsea have signed Russian international midfielder Yuri Zhirkov for $30m from CSKA Moscow according to Russian newspaper Tvoi Den. The tabloid claims Zhirkov will join on a four-year contract. (Russian tabloid Tvoi Den)

"Yuri has signed the contract with Chelsea just a day or two ago," the newspaper quoted Zhirkov's agent as saying. "He will join his new team this summer."
I still love you.

Emaharg

Postby Emaharg » Fri May 29, 2009 12:15 pm

Sigur Ros wrote:
Me wrote:Beckford's on the transfer list now. Should earn Leeds a fair bit.

I can't see us getting a lot from him.

Only way for us to actually get over Beckford is to buy a proven goalscorer. No point in us grabbing another youngster and hoping they can play at the same level as Beckford. Either way, Santa Claus will need to dip his hand in the money jar and give us a flexible transfer fund. Not only do we need a new defensive line up but we now need a Striker.

It's going to be hard to see Beckford in another shirt though. I really liked him, he was lazy , but damn passionate. Viduka come back please :(

I reckon that when Beckford realises that no-one wants him he'll sign a new contract. But you never know. Also I heard that Viduka is retiring and on his way back to Oz. Although there is a good chance we could get Smith back, seeing as though he is a useless git. As for Collocini he could fit well in our defence seeing as though it doesn't exist.

Personally I hope we can sign Sodje, in the short time he was at Leeds he was the best defender we've had for the past 2 seasons. As for Santa Claus giving us some money, I don't think that will ever happen.

Another positive that we can take is that Delph hasn't left yet! Still plenty of time left yet.

Feet

Postby Feet » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:29 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 076779.stm

Ancelloti is the new Chelsea manager. Will he be a Scolari or a Hiddink though?
I still love you.

Next

Return to A Question of Sport