Wimbledon - 2015, page 6

They think its all over... got cancelled.

katarn

Wimbledon - 2015, page 6

Postby katarn » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:13 pm

No-one's made a thread about this yet; watched Murray earlier annihilate Meltzer, who's no slouch. He's up against Verdasco next week in the last 16 - a much tougher prospect.

Men's tennis is great at the moment; Nadal, Federer, Murray & Dokovic can all beat eachother and there are many fantastic players in the top 20 who can give the top 4 a stern test (Verdasco being one of them).

Women's tennis is as crap as it's ever been, obviously, but I recommend watching some of the men's games live on BBC (red button or interweb). All Murray's games are live on BBC2. Nadal is currently playing Haas, another excellent player. Good match so far.

Nadal is loking scary so far in this competition, assuming Murray gets to the semi-final it'll be a close match between them.

EDIT: Heh. Just looked down the page and found an Australian Open thread from exactly a year ago. With zero replies. I guess there aren't many tennis fans here..
Last edited by katarn on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RCHD

Postby RCHD » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:41 am

This final could be shaping up to be another classic.

:Dan

Postby :Dan » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:39 pm

It's crazy good at the moment

RCHD

Postby RCHD » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:04 pm

COME ON ROGER!

Adam

Postby Adam » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:24 pm

FFS Greasy Spaniard man. NO-ONE LIKES YOU. ;_;
www.thelineofbestfit.com

p.s. - I am wanking as I write this

Eny

Re: Australian Open

Postby Eny » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:04 pm

Well done Murray, 5 setter against the Fed, perfect preparation for a rested Djokovic for Sunday's final. I do like how Murray has consolidated and matured under Lendl, great stuff indeed. =D>
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln

˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

katarn

Postby katarn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:15 pm

Yah, Murray was excellent. I like how he just brushed off the tie break losses and quickly moved on to the next game. Murray from 2 years ago would have gone full retard and imploded.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:11 pm

It was an impressive performance as he never looked like he was playing catch-up and played better than Federer. It will be tough against Djokovic though as I can see it being a 5 set match and today would have taken a fair bit out of him. Hopefully he gets the rest he needs to give himself a chance on Sunday.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Inflammable Jim

Postby Inflammable Jim » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:33 pm

Women's final (Na vs Azarenka) was immense. Crowd decided they hated Azarenka for taking a medical break in the semi-finals, all booing and massively cheering Na. Na takes the first set, falls behind in the second then rolls over her ankle, needing a medical break herself, which the crowd are fine with. Then she battles back into it, before the game is paused for ten minutes so everybody can watch the mandatory Australia day fireworks. Then, IMMEDIATELY after the restart, Na rolls her ankle again, leaping backwards to avoid her leg snapping and ends up momentarily concussing herself on the floor. Crowd love it. She hobbles around like a dead person, just about staying in it, but loses in the third. There were 16 breaks of serve in 29 games as they're both apparently crap at serving. Glorious.

katarn

Postby katarn » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:15 pm

Djokovic's ground strokes were too good. Murray was under pressure nearly every exchange, he actually did well to take the first set and almost take a second.

It's a bit scary to think how many slam titles Novak will get over the next 5 or 6 years - Andy needs to still improve somehow to try and get a share of those slams for himself.

In many ways, they're very similar style players. It's just Novak seems to be a slightly more aggressive/refined version.

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:27 pm

The thing about Murray is that he's a major confidence player. If he makes a mistake, he can go right off the boil and fuck everything up. Take today, I predicted that he would start strongly, make a mistake and not recover and that's pretty much what he did. He was 0-40 up to break serve in the second set, bollocksed it up and lost the game and set. That was pretty much it for him after that. Que him complaining about everything and his toe. He's his own worst enemy on that court.

Also, I've only just noticed tennis players have one crazy muscley arm and one weedy one. I can't not see it now. :(
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:41 pm

It's the chronic wanking.
My face is tired.

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:48 pm

I'm gonna have to tell people I play tennis.
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:37 pm

Wolfy wrote:The thing about Murray is that he's a major confidence player. If he makes a mistake, he can go right off the boil and fuck everything up. Take today, I predicted that he would start strongly, make a mistake and not recover and that's pretty much what he did. He was 0-40 up to break serve in the second set, bollocksed it up and lost the game and set. That was pretty much it for him after that. Que him complaining about everything and his toe. He's his own worst enemy on that court.

Also, I've only just noticed tennis players have one crazy muscley arm and one weedy one. I can't not see it now. :(

Except he did the same thing in the US Open and still managed to win it. I think in this case Djokovic was just able to up his game to a level which Murray couldn't compete with. I don't think it had anything really to do with his attitude. It didn't help that he was obviously still tired from the Federer game. Hard to win two 4-5 setters in a row against the top three players in the world.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

katarn

Postby katarn » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:43 pm

Yeah, I was a bit hard on Murray at last years Wimbledon final because he visibly fell away halfway through - which heavily contributed to Federer being able to win.

But on this occasion I have no such criticism of Murray. Novak just kept on getting better and better during the match.

Next

Return to A Question of Sport