Oh look we lost again! A tale of Rugby and Sweaty Men...

They think its all over... got cancelled.

WMain00

Oh look we lost again! A tale of Rugby and Sweaty Men...

Postby WMain00 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:43 pm

So, the Autumn Tests are on, and OH LOOK! SCOTLAND LOST AGAIN:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 715418.stm

We amusingly went into this thinking we had a chance of winning because New Zealand were fielding a "weak team" of there 2nd group basically. Funnily enough we got our arses kicked. Does this mean we're weaker than a 2nd team? In short yes. In long YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!

Now don't get me wrong; we started out the usual way we do. Looking pretty damn strong and like we could actually win this! Then it all went downhill (as usual) from there. We did have some good play in more quick succession rugby and not doing that usual thing where if we get to the line we grind into a mauling hault. Yet we still lacked the finesse to really actually do anything. And do you want to know why?

EDINBURGH!!! :x

Hadden has got it into his thick mind that when choosing a Scotland team he should field everybody from Edinburgh, ignoring Glasgow players (who are currently btw 3rd in the league compared to 5th from last Edinburgh). He totally ignores any talent from Glasgow, constantly going for the same "tried and tested" players, who are frankly in my eyes certainly tested so much we now definitely know that they're shite and shouldn't be fielded.

It's really bloody annoying, and he'll just keep continuing to do it. :(

So we lost again, which isn't a great surprise. And now we need to take on Australia and South Africa i think. If we don't at least secure some points or even a win, we could be looking at the team being scrubbed out of the IRB World Cup and being placed into the 2nd ranking IRB World Cup, which could cost the SRU a bloody fortune (but hell, we might win something! If we beat Pacific Islands...).

Sigh.

NightShade

Re: Oh look we lost again! A tale of Rugby and Sweaty Men...

Postby NightShade » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:53 pm

WMain00 wrote:So, the Autumn Tests are on, and OH LOOK! SCOTLAND LOST AGAIN:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 715418.stm

We amusingly went into this thinking we had a chance of winning because New Zealand were fielding a "weak team" of there 2nd group basically. Funnily enough we got our arses kicked. Does this mean we're weaker than a 2nd team? In short yes. In long YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!

Now don't get me wrong; we started out the usual way we do. Looking pretty damn strong and like we could actually win this! Then it all went downhill (as usual) from there.

Where did this insane idea that Scotland would beat NZ before the game even begun come from? Also, scoring a penalty 3 minutes into a game doesn't remotely suggest a team is going to win a match ¬.¬

Scotland were just fucking awful. They just don't do the basics. Occupationally they'd pull a nice switch or something but then cock it up by dropping the ball or picking a horrid line. It was horrible to watch, every time you thought Scotland might do something they lost the chance through their own ineptitude as opposed to any NZ genius. Not that NZ were rugby gods today, far from it. I know they played their 2nd team but it was a scrappy performance from them and I really felt they should have performed better.

England weren't bad today, nothing really to comment, neither great nor shit. Though Cipriani did have an absolute shocker of a game, regardless of what the score sheet might suggest.

Zael

Postby Zael » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:09 pm

From the whole day it looks that Wales are the most improved.

Against South Africa they looked like they had some pride, and most importantly the skill to show it.

A defeat for them, doesn't mean anything negative. I tuned in about 20 mins in for the Irish match and was massively impressed by them. I expect big things come the 6 nations.

NightShade

Postby NightShade » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:14 pm

Zael wrote:From the whole day it looks that Wales are the most improved.

Against South Africa they looked like they had some pride, and most importantly the skill to show it.

A defeat for them, doesn't mean anything negative. I tuned in about 20 mins in for the Irish match and was massively impressed by them. I expect big things come the 6 nations.

Didn't watch it, but Italy scoring 20 points and only losing by 10 to Australia, that seems pretty improved, was gob smacked when I saw that result ¬.¬

Spartan

Postby Spartan » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:25 am

The bok's defense was absolutely incredible, as were the amount of errors made by the guys in red, Lee Byrne's knock on in the final moments of the match being the outstanding candidate in something that an international player should be able to do, always, to catch a bloody ball.

Wales really did have plenty of opportunities to just pinch the game but couldn't finish, created a plentiful amount of chances that would have quite possibly sunk another side but the Springboks really did demonstrate why they're the World Champs, impenetrable defence.

Buceph

Postby Buceph » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:09 am

I'm going to use this thread to grump. My mother and her office have bought a corporate box to go see Munster v the All Blacks next Tuesday. It's not fair that just because they can afford it they get to do it without taking me. :(

Anyway, big weekend coming up. Ireland v the All Blacks will probably be the only match I get to see as I'm away for the weekend. It looks like Ireland will be going through the qualifying stages for the next world cup, as we have to beat the ABs or Argentina to get our ranking high enough. Maybe if we had another two or three games to get the team sorted it would be enough, but I don't think Declan Kidney has had time to work his magic yet.

I'm looking forward to seeing the back row compete though. Alan Quinlan has finally got a full match to show what he's worth. He's near retirement age so I expect him to go all out and be the devious annoying bastard everyone from Munster knows him to be. Another guy to watch is the winger Rob Kearney. An absolutely stunning find at such a young age (22 I think.) He has speed, a great turn, great hands and more than all that he has confidence and reliability at such a young age. This will be the match he proves himself.

Zael

Postby Zael » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:57 pm

Kearney was 2 years ahead of me in school, even then he was just brilliant. Pretty much got us to the final in '04, he played fullback back then. Its not hard to find young talent the way the schools cup is setup. As long as you go to a school thats in the main cup, you have the perfect stage to impress people.

The trouble is finding goodplayers who aren't part of the school system.

Zael

Postby Zael » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:40 pm

Amazing match just finished, Munster vs The All Blacks. The lads did themselves and their province proud. Also the Haka from the 4 Munster All Blacks at the start was possibly the greatest thing i've ever seen.

Buceph

Postby Buceph » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:07 am

Aye, three minutes was all that separated them from one of the biggest upsets of the year. It was an astonishingly good match. I started out thinking the ABs would be devastating but Munster fought them hard. Pity no-one outside of New Zealand and Ireland will watch it though, it's going to rank as one of the best matches of the year.

WMain00

Postby WMain00 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:53 pm

Yes the Munster game was an amazing match. Munster should be proud of that.

The thing is though, oddly, Glasgow beat Munster! Quite often! Does that mean we're better than New Zealand or we're just very lucky? :P

katarn

Postby katarn » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:32 pm

England 6-42 South Africa. :shock:

I only caught bits of it, but England were woeful. We seem to be moving backwards.

WMain00

Postby WMain00 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:16 pm

A better game for Scotland today with a reasonably good result that puts us between Wales and Ireland in scoring tallys. We could have been a bit better, and once again Godman was - no pun intended - god awful. Forward passing, idiotic kicking, open play on a closed game. He needs kicked out; he's useless.

EDIT: Also a surprising result for the South Africa game. :shock: Either they were fielding a second team against us or there was something far wrong with how England were playing.

Spartan

Postby Spartan » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:37 pm

The Boks just upped their game, there's a reason to why they're world Champs, like ¬_¬

As for Wales, I don't think the outcome was ever in doubt, the Kiwi's are a very classy outfit.

WMain00

Postby WMain00 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:56 pm

1 sin bin is unlucky. 2 sin bins is questionnable. 3 sin bins is eyebrow raising. 4 sin bins is England playing dirty, poor Rugby.

Kudos to New Zealand for keeping there cool tbh.

NightShade

Postby NightShade » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:07 pm

WMain00 wrote:1 sin bin is unlucky. 2 sin bins is questionnable. 3 sin bins is eyebrow raising. 4 sin bins is England playing dirty, poor Rugby.

Kudos to New Zealand for keeping there cool tbh.

Did you watch the game? New Zealand got away with fucking murder. Stupidly blatant offside stealing, throwing punches right in front of the refs face, high tackles that were much worse than Floods. Diabolical reffing. He was fine in the first half, seemed to be harsh but fair to both sides, but the second half he had a shocker.

Next

Return to A Question of Sport