Six Nations '08

They think its all over... got cancelled.

:Dan

Postby :Dan » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:55 pm

Damn, nice score. I hope the Oirish put up a bit of resistance to you guys!

Eny

Postby Eny » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:25 pm

Yay Wales.

Agreed- well played Wales. That was great to watch, they are a good team this year for sure. :D
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln

˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Hikaru Sulu

Postby Hikaru Sulu » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:41 pm

Excellent, we'll get another year of them banging on about how they're the best thing since sliced bread.

I used to really like Wales and thoroughly support them when they played anyone except England. Then I met Welsh people. God they hold a grudge. And they don't half like to rub it in when they win. If English fans do that we get called arrogant, when they do it they're plucky!

Still

that makes up for it all!

Girdag

Postby Girdag » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:45 pm

I like the Welsh, especially the rugby fans, but maybe that's because Gloucestershire's right on the Welsh border, so it's hard for us to hold too much of a grudge against one another. Last year, England-Wales was on the big screen in the local rugby club after they had their yearly game against our Welsh 'rivals', and the atmosphere was just something else.
We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Hikaru Sulu

Postby Hikaru Sulu » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:50 pm

I've always said that Cardiff is one of the politest cities I've ever been to, and I do really like it. Perhaps it is simply my Welsh friends who are to blame, then. I never really realised how much they hate the English!

WMain00

Postby WMain00 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:00 pm

Jesus Hines. :x

I swear to god i really hope we completely lose this 6 nations. That way:

A: We can fire Hadden
B: We replace him with Robinson and Lineen who managed to take the Scotland A team to 60 something glory against Ireland A. And they'll
C: Probably sack the entire Scotland real team and play Scotland A instead.

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:49 pm

Larinson wrote:I've always said that Cardiff is one of the politest cities I've ever been to, and I do really like it. Perhaps it is simply my Welsh friends who are to blame, then. I never really realised how much they hate the English!

I think it's only the die-hard "write every sign in Welsh + burn holiday homes" types that really hate the English tbh, us normal Welsh people try to distance themselves from them as much as poss. Thankfully I think they've almost died out now unless you go to the very far North of Wales - "Deliverance" country up there.
Nothing wrong with a bit of friendly rivalry with our neighbours across the border though, especially after all the hidings they've given us on the rugby field in the past. :)
Larinson wrote:Excellent, we'll get another year of them banging on about how they're the best thing since sliced bread.

Not much of that being going on in recent memory tbh, with good reason. We've all been crying in our beer after most Internationals.
Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

WMain00

Postby WMain00 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:58 pm

Another game, another loss. But what's worse is that our luck shot of a try was scored by Webster. Now Webster will be the apple of Hadden's untrained fucking eye despite Webster being perpetually shit. :x

I'm really really hoping we have a whitewash now. We might just have a chance if we can get in an entirely new coaching team.

Zael

Postby Zael » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:35 pm

Happy for Rob Kearney, he was two years ahead of me in school, nice guy good to see him breaking through.
http://gameviewsonline.blogspot.com

A blog about games - Now with increased vigor!

Updates every Wednesday.

Eny

Postby Eny » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:33 pm

:D What a brilliant match this is so far!

The French crowd don't know who to whistle most!

Brian Moore is hilarious sometimes too.....great stuff! :)

– Abraham Lincoln

Hikaru Sulu

Postby Hikaru Sulu » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:52 pm

Dr@gon-UK wrote:Nothing wrong with a bit of friendly rivalry with our neighbours across the border though, especially after all the hidings they've given us on the rugby field in the past. :)

Couldn't agree more! That's the best thing about rugby - that's the sort of rival you pretty much always get. I suppose that the increase in rugbys popularity recently has attracted football supporters who don't really understand that!

Dr@gon-UK wrote:Not much of that being going on in recent memory tbh, with good reason. We've all been crying in our beer after most Internationals.

He he - I had the misfortune to visit Wales the year after you won it undefeated ;).

Well, Dr@gon, you have restored my faith in Welsh rugby fans ^_^.

Eny

Postby Eny » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:02 pm

I've got a story to hearten you a bit:

Whilst I was at Harper Adams Agricultural College we had a home match against the Welsh Ag. Rugby Team (Aberystwyth IIRC). One common thing that happened at college was cars being put up on 2 beer barrels, rendering them immovable....so about half the college decided (after one Welsh fan threw a glass full of beer at our side and our side unleashed a total torrent back...etc... in the union bar) that the mini-bus needed some relief and we jacked all 4 wheels onto barrels. There wasn't enough of the Welsh team to get it back down, reducing some of their number to tears!.....they had to wait 'till morning to go home I think. :lol:

– Abraham Lincoln

:Dan

Postby :Dan » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:41 pm

My mate's at Harper Adams at the mo. Christ, he's a big drinker.

Anywho! Good result by England: I'm glad to see Paris is no longer such a nightmare to visit, and we got a second half try!

Eny

Postby Eny » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:41 pm

What a brilliant end to a brilliant day's rugby! All 3 games were great, but that second half was supreme. :D

– Abraham Lincoln

Hikaru Sulu

Postby Hikaru Sulu » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:02 pm

England finally discover what a second half is! Great result. Now we need points taken off Wales!

PreviousNext

Return to A Question of Sport