Serie A and La Liga Discussion (plus other European leagues)

They think its all over... got cancelled.

Jerry

Serie A and La Liga Discussion (plus other European leagues)

Postby Jerry » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:46 pm

Wow. Juve back in style with a 5-1 win yesterday.

I think we should have a thread for Italy and Spain this year.

EDIT: Other European Leagues = fine. But... Scottish league discussion is not to go in here. If you want to discuss crappy Scottish football, make another thread for it. ¬_¬
Last edited by Jerry on Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bev wrote:If you don't remember the Crystal Maze you're an idiot and deserve to die.

XYZIA

Postby XYZIA » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:47 pm

Are we allowed to discuss other leagues in here or is that forbidden?
Pokétrainer Owen wrote:Crouch and sidestep: FREE CRAB SIMULATOR

Prey wrote:niighty nighty ladewz and gernts!!! i am offf to get my sex ons. i jusurt hoope mr flopppy tackle is uop to the job

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:59 pm

Serie A and La Liga and the rest, eh?

Who Scored for Juve?

Hikaru Sulu

Postby Hikaru Sulu » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:00 pm

Pah. Foreign muck ¬_¬.

And Trezeguet got a hat-trick for Juve.

Jerry

Postby Jerry » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:15 pm

Inter look great by the way. Figo is still a class act. They play a really nice, attacking passing game.

Yeah, sure, discuss the other European leagues in here, but pfft, who watches them??

Juve: Trezuget hatrick, Iaquinta with a pen and a Nedved deflection. They looked awesome tbh, Nedved and Del Piero seemed to run everything.

Always makes me wonder how old players can still play so well in Italy.

The channel 5 coverage is characteristically poor as you'd imagine, they have some silly bint on there whose only roll seems to be to say "look at me, I love AC Milan!". To make matters worse, they have John Barnes on commentry. Still, Italian league should be good this year, they are calling it Year Zero after all the scandal, the big boys are back and no points penalties. Lazio, Roma, Inter, Milan and Juve all in with a shout.

I'll be watching the Spanish game at 7 tonight on Sky, anyone know what game that is? Spanish league looks like its going to be hot as fuck this year, they got almost all the big names. Can't wait to see Barca or Real in action. Valencia are looking sexy too.
Bev wrote:If you don't remember the Crystal Maze you're an idiot and deserve to die.

Hikaru Sulu

Postby Hikaru Sulu » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:18 pm

John Barnes is one of the worst pundits in the world. He's up there with Andy Townsend and Graham le Saux.

Jerry

Postby Jerry » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:06 pm

Ah cock.

Spanish TV a.k.a. "Media Pro" have done something really stupid and are refusing international broadcasters coverage of Real and Barca games.

They aren't letting Sky have it. Apparantly Real and Barca are both fuming, noone outside of Spain can see them play. The presenter is pretty angry too. Damn! Way to go Spanish TV.

Apparantly Henry has been left on the bench for the first game against Racing.

Still, Valencia vs. Villareal should be a good game.

XYZIA

Postby XYZIA » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:08 pm

They'll come round eventually.
Pokétrainer Owen wrote:Crouch and sidestep: FREE CRAB SIMULATOR

Prey wrote:niighty nighty ladewz and gernts!!! i am offf to get my sex ons. i jusurt hoope mr flopppy tackle is uop to the job

Adam

Postby Adam » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:38 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 964586.stm

;_; I'd heard it was likely he'd recover, but the worst has come to pass. Obviously I didn't know him at all as a person, and barely as a footballer, but to go out like that at such a young age is always a saddening thing to read about. The second footballing death in a week, after that QPR youngster was killed in a car crash the other day. Puts a lot of things into perspective for people like myself who tend to get a little carried away when it comes to football.

Hikaru Sulu

Postby Hikaru Sulu » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:21 pm

Fucking hell. That's terrible. I felt really bad when I heard about that, but thought he'd recover. A fit, young 22 year old dying of a heart attack. It really makes you think.

Jerry

Postby Jerry » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:16 am

Milan are in real crisis this season. 5 games played in Serie A, 1 loss (to Palermo of all sides), 4 draws and ZERO wins.

Now they've lost to Celtic.

This Milan side are looking more and more long in the tooth. I saw their game against Catania on Channel 5 last Sunday. They lack cohesion. Seedorf and Pirlo are both out of sorts and in poor form. There is no width or pace. Fillipo Inzaghi looks increasingly isolated and light-weight up front. Maldini has been out so far and Daneille Bonera looks like a 2nd rate replaced. Massimo Oddo is also poor replacements for Cafu. Kaladze and Favalli look like 2nd rate left backs, Jankluvski is good but doesn't play often enough.

Dida is a terrible goal keeper. Gatusso looks more and more frustrated and his anger isn't helping the side. Kaka is virtually the only player scoring goals.

If Ancelotti hadn't won the Champions League last season he'd be out of that door quicker than you could say 'Jose Mourinho', although Milan would probably make an internal replacement (Franco Baresi or maybe even the recently retired Costacurta) because they like to keep it in the family.

Elsewhere, Thierry Henry got a hat-trick for Barca against lowly Levante - he always was a 'flat-track bully'. Ronaldinho - by all accounts - is still suffering verbal abuse from the crowd at the Nou Camp and is playing badly. He looks like a spent force - cue: big money move to Chelsea yes?

Smurf

Re: Serie A and La Liga Discussion (plus other European leag

Postby Smurf » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:23 am

Jerry wrote:EDIT: Other European Leagues = fine. But... Scottish league discussion is not to go in here. If you want to discuss crappy Scottish football, make another thread for it. ¬_¬

Fascist! ¬_¬

Adam

Postby Adam » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:11 pm

big money move to Chelsea yes?

Still can't see it happening. I don't think he's keen on the Prem, and as much as Abramovich would pay for him, I think a much more likely destination (if he even does leave Barca, which he probably won't for a while) is AC Milan. Who have been shit this year, you're right.
www.thelineofbestfit.com

p.s. - I am wanking as I write this

Hikaru Sulu

Postby Hikaru Sulu » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:13 pm

Could Milan accommodate Ronaldinho and Kaka in the same team?

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:15 pm

Yes.

Next

Return to A Question of Sport