UFC 58 USA v Canada

They think its all over... got cancelled.

UFC 58 USA v Canada

Postby threelions » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:04 am

Two great fights on this card being shown on Bravo tomorrow on a 24 delay.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDe ... rd&eid=156

Unlike most UFC cards these days theres two major fights happening.

Rich Franklin(US) vs David Loiseau(Can)

Rich is the all american former Maths teacher, good ol christian turned MMA fighter. He has been a great Middleweight champ and blown through all the fighters put in fornt of him.

David Loiseau poses Franklins biggest test coming from the same training camp as the phenomanal GSP he is fast and powerful and known for his nasty elbows which tend to end fights on the cuts they cause.

This should be a great fight.

Next up

Georges St. Pierre(Can) vs BJ Penn(US)

This is possible the biggest match and most legitamate the UFC has held ever.

Georges St. Pierre is the current rising star in the Welterweight division. his only loss coming to Matt Hughes the current champion, since then he has gone on to dominate Frank Trigg and Shaun sherk both fighters of the highest level thayt he made look like amateurs. An all rounder who can strike, wrestle and submit. a fan favourite due to his charisma and Detective Clueso accent "He cant andle my riddum!"

BJ "The Prodigy" Penn, a legend in MMA, who some consider the legitimate champ at WW. In his last fight in the UFC he beat the current champ Hughes, then famously walked away from the UFc as they wouldnt let him fight in other organisations. He has fought at different weights even fighting a heavyweight at one piont. A major power in Ju jitsu with a big punch.

This is the fight of the night, the current rising star vs the legend and former Champ, this is going to be a war.

Anyone who likes any combat sports should tune in Sunday and watch this as its the best UFC card in a long long time.
I went into the gas station, said, "Fill 'er up, Harry."
The guy said, "Regular?"
I said, "No, put on a gorrila suit and dance like a fairy."

Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:01 pm

Balls, missed it.

Keep quiet on the result please mate, will catch a re-run soon.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Return to A Question of Sport