Harrison VS Williams, the worst fight in living memory...

They think its all over... got cancelled.

Me
He's so not aard

Harrison VS Williams, the worst fight in living memory...

Postby Me » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:19 pm

Just watching the fight and my god was it shit...
I'm pretty sure in the entire fight only 3 punches that weren't jabs or head butts were landed. Willams was slightly dominate, in that he didnt look completely exhausted by the third round...

Complete shit it was.

Williams won though.
Last edited by Me on Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feet

Postby Feet » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:24 pm

Considering all the build up to the fight it is indeed pretty crap.

Vary rarely do i ever find a boxing match entertaining. I recognise it as a sport and the skill it takes to win, but I hate all the bullshit press conferences and bravado that comes before, adn I've very rarely ever been riveted by the actual fight itself. It's just boring. I wonder if the only reason people do get excited is cause they have money riding on a certain fighter.
I still love you.

:Dan

Postby :Dan » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:54 pm

The only ones I enjoy are the amatuer fights in the Olympics. Ie, Harrison in 2000, and Khan last year.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:57 pm

The lighter wieghts are on now. They did more punches in the first minute than the entire heavyweight fight...

Not a bad fight this now really, should catch the Khan highlights later.

JonB

Postby JonB » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:07 pm

Kahn fight was good :D

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:08 pm

The English bloke beat the French bloke and won a belt. Should get to see the Khan highlights in a bit, better be good now that JonB builti it up, heh. Hopefully

JonB

Postby JonB » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:16 pm

It was quick. Dont blink, lyk. :wink:

threelions

Postby threelions » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:55 pm

The heavy weight division is in the gutter right now, the fact either of these guys were being talked about as future world title contenders shows what a bad state that division is in,

Williams - One of the biggest wastes of natural talent there has ever been. When fit and weighing a hell of alot less the guy has a huge amount of talent but is fragile mentally. Never has there been a more inconsistant fighter.

Harrison - Came from the Olympics shouting his mouth off about how great he was but never even attempted to live up to his own hype. A complete nobody. As much as it was a crap fight until the last few rounds, it was worth watching just to see him have his career ended.

Forget heavy weights theres nothing happening there. Look to the Hatton's, Mayweathers, Cotto, Khans of this world they are whats happening in boxing right now and bar Mayweather they carry themselves with class.

Heavy weights have always been the casual boxing fans favourite because of the knockouts but any real fan knows the talent lies in the lighter weights.

Also look to the UFC for George's St Pierre, BJ Penn or Prides Gomi in MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) for very good fights. Pm me for the latest Pride LW tournament.
I went into the gas station, said, "Fill 'er up, Harry."
The guy said, "Regular?"
I said, "No, put on a gorrila suit and dance like a fairy."

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:13 am

Heh, Khan just leathered that bloke, he punches like lighting after seeing harrison fight. I'm sure he rattled off about 4 punches in under a second like a machine gun.

Return to A Question of Sport