The last thing you want to hear before you go to the match

They think its all over... got cancelled.

Reiver

The last thing you want to hear before you go to the match

Postby Reiver » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:33 pm

Reiver

Postby Reiver » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:56 pm

Brilliant game :roll: Our best player hurt his hamstring, our captain got sent off and the whole lot of them played like headless chickens. For the first half i was stuck next to a blimp who took up half of my seat and when the match finished i got into a fight with a middle aged casual and his son.
To top it off as i was walking home from the pub i stepped in dog shit.

Vidrageon

Postby Vidrageon » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:54 pm

At least you won 2 - 0... -_-

Reiver

Postby Reiver » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:41 pm

Viddy wrote:At least you won 2 - 0... -_-

..and are 6 points clear at the top of the league. I suppose Hearts fans are lucky to still have a club to bitch about because this time last year liquidation was a likelier prospect than a champions league spot. Things just have a house of cards feelingabout Tynecastle. Hearts are so entrenched in our role of perennial bridesmaids things seemed too good to be true. I fear this is going to be another year of "what might have been" a Hearts tradition that stretches back to 1915 where half of our (top of the table) team joined up and then died in France.
Also the way in which things have happened today is so strange. It's rare enough that a top of the table (and unbeaten) manager is sacked/resigns but on the morning of a match must be unheard of. It also comes at a time when things were looking brighter than ever. This mornings papers had quotes (that now look horribly dated) from the Chairman talking about how he thought Burley was the best manager in Scotland. These weren't the dreaded vote of confidence type praises, they seemed genuine. Now speculation as to what happened is flying all over the place and has rather tarnished the shine on the new chairman. I freely admit that Hearts aren't a club most managers would aspire to but at the moment there can't be many with better prospects. So why would Burley leave? If things had stayed as they were, by next season he would be managing a team in the champions league who were playing to sell out crowds and recieving a Premiership level wage. There's not many clubs in Britain who could offer that.
On the brightside being a Hearts fan is no longer boring.

Nilly

Postby Nilly » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:26 am

Aye, I was confused about our manager leaving (I'm (technically

Reiver

Postby Reiver » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:52 am

How can we go from Claudio Ranieri tothis in a week? :( I can hear the chants already.
EDIT: For those that don't know (as i didn't) Rix is on the sex offenders register after he had sex with an underage girl.

Nilly

Postby Nilly » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:10 pm

Well, I think its been confirmed, he's our new manager. :|

Reiver

Postby Reiver » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:52 am

I think that's a terrible appointment. Especially now that our ex-ceo revealed that he had Robson and Keegan coming as a DOF and coach pairing and were all but signed. Not just because of the guys past and the pelters every hearts fan and the team are going to take at away grounds but the guys record is pretty poor. He was turned down by Partick Thistle ffs.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:54 am

Bad appointment imo. What exactly has this guy ever done?
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Reiver

Postby Reiver » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:06 am

They've now appointed a Director Of Football. Only problem is they're not saying who yet. At the moment my moneys on Ron Atkinson as he's the only person other than Slobodan Milosevic who'd cause worse press for the club. :roll:

Adam

Postby Adam » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:22 pm

Reiver wrote:They've now appointed a Director Of Football. Only problem is they're not saying who yet. At the moment my moneys on Ron Atkinson as he's the only person other than Slobodan Milosevic who'd cause worse press for the club. :roll:

:lol:
www.thelineofbestfit.com

p.s. - I am wanking as I write this

Return to A Question of Sport