FOOTBALL.

They think its all over... got cancelled.

gpa-gone-west

Re: FOOTBALL.

Postby gpa-gone-west » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:57 pm

Medicine Man wrote:I quite enjoyed 1994. :P

Shut up. :lol:

You do realise if we go all the way and win it, the whole world is going to hear about it. FOREVER.
Just once I want radiation to turn something into a giant fluffy bunny, instead of the Grand Poobah of all Mirelurks.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:40 pm

Sounds about right.

Probably for the best at the end of the day as I don't think anyone remembers 66 anymore. :D

Mournblade

Postby Mournblade » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:19 pm

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:16 pm

Oh well. Did well to get as far as the semi when they were so unfancied, but can't help but feel that's the best chance they'll have for a while to reach the final, what with the way the draw opened up as the big favoured sides crashed out.

Thought they played pretty well for the first half, then Croatia slowly established themselves in the second and didn't really look back from there. Thought Kane in particular was very poor in the last couple of games.
My face is tired.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:31 pm

Think they burnt out really early. Perhaps all the hype got to them and they overdid it a bit too fast.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:48 am

Possible, although after their last two rounds both went to ET and pens, Croatia probably should have been the more tired of the two sides. They're also a very good team, with two of their best players, Modric and Rakitic, also very seasoned winners with their respective clubs (Real and Barcelona). Our team was quite green in comparison and that experience told in the end I think.
My face is tired.

Previous

Return to A Question of Sport