FOOTBALL.

They think its all over... got cancelled.

Eny

Re: FOOTBALL.

Postby Eny » Sun May 27, 2018 11:10 am

There was one moment in that wrestle that betrayed him, his eyes looked to a certain point as he rolled onto Salah's shoulder and completed the move, he was aware throughout, the fucker. You watch him when they show replays of his hard tackles, he has a spatial awareness that allows him to get away with his shit. That Bale-ness though, fair play to him!
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln

˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon May 28, 2018 8:56 am

I'll give you that Ramos knew what he was doing in that he wanted to pull him to the ground and stop Salah from running away from him, I don't think there is any proof that he set out to hurt him. Defenders do that arm locking all the time, just unfortunate that this time it ended in an injury.

Karius, worse than Almunia. He's never looked that good so whilst he is to blame for the mistakes he made Klopp has to take the blame as well because he signed him and kept playing him.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon May 28, 2018 9:01 am

DjchunKfunK wrote:I'll give you that Ramos knew what he was doing in that he wanted to pull him to the ground and stop Salah from running away from him, I don't think there is any proof that he set out to hurt him. Defenders do that arm locking all the time, just unfortunate that this time it ended in an injury.

Karius, worse than Almunia. He's never looked that good so whilst he is to blame for the mistakes he made Klopp has to take the blame as well because he signed him and kept playing him.

Nah. He was very good since coming into the team since January. Not just decent, but very good. Those mistakes, however, given the severity and high-profile nature of them, may well have finished his LFC career. As much as I felt a week ago that he deserved to keep his place heading into the new season, it might well be his confidence is utterly shot, but more than that will become a target for every opponent and any future errors will be blown out of proportion because of the final.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon May 28, 2018 9:55 am

I don't remember him having any stand-out performances. You might have conceded less goals, but I don't think that was down to him, more the attack taking the pressure off the defence and Van Djik providing more stability.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon May 28, 2018 10:09 am

DjchunKfunK wrote:I don't remember him having any stand-out performances. You might have conceded less goals, but I don't think that was down to him, more the attack taking the pressure off the defence and Van Djik providing more stability.

I've watched pretty much every match this season and definitely improved on Mignolet's continued erratic performances. VVD obviously the biggest factor in our defensive improvement (as was Robertson getting regular games over Moreno, who I continue to not rate), but Karius has certainly played his part in a more solid defensive unit. Has made a number of good saves but also been a lot more proactive in terms of distribution and initiating attacks, which Mignolet is terrible at, that has also had an effect on our attacking play.

That said, as I said above already, pretty ambivalent about his chances of resurrecting his Anfield career. I think Klopp will give him a bit of time, then have a sit-down at the start of pre-season and make a judgement call. Or I could be entirely wrong there, a lot of reports the last day or so about us prioritising Alisson of Roma this summer, so potentially the decision on Karius has already been made.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon May 28, 2018 10:25 am

You have to get a better keeper if you want to challenge for the league. He's always been a keeper prone to mistakes, it's why he lost his place to Mingolet in the first place.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon May 28, 2018 2:19 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:You have to get a better keeper if you want to challenge for the league. He's always been a keeper prone to mistakes, it's why he lost his place to Mingolet in the first place.

I have a lot to say on this, but I'm not really in the frame of mind right now for a debate on it.
My face is tired.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:15 pm

Well tonight's the night then.

England expects, spirit of '66, lions roar and all that...

https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/10 ... 3745722368

All the best lads. :D

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:19 pm

When you see it...
My face is tired.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:24 pm

Hot! :P

So that's how Mertesacker is passing on his DNA to the young guns. BFG indeed.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:10 pm

Germany 0 - 2 S. Korea

Games playing : Alan Wake American Nightmare / Metro 2033 / Total War Thrones Of Britannia / Warlock Of Firetop Mountain / Orcs Must Die / 2000:1 A Space Felony

Rossell

Postby Rossell » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:06 pm

Load of Kuntz getting on the first plane out of Russia..

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:15 pm

Germany out
Argentina out
Portugal out

Muhahaha :twisted:
Games playing : Alan Wake American Nightmare / Metro 2033 / Total War Thrones Of Britannia / Warlock Of Firetop Mountain / Orcs Must Die / 2000:1 A Space Felony

Eny

Postby Eny » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:12 am

I said at the beginning, it is there for the taking for us, tbh.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln

˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:45 pm

Ramos and Ronaldo out in the second round, nice.
My face is tired.

PreviousNext

Return to A Question of Sport