Formula 1 - 2018 on CH4/Sky, Page 108 Onwards

They think its all over... got cancelled.

DjchunKfunK

Re: Formula 1 - 2018 on CH4/Sky, Page 108 Onwards

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon May 28, 2018 8:54 am

I think the whole of F1 loves going to Monaco, especially the media, so I don't think we will ever hear anything too negative about it.

Verstappan could push a bit more because he didn't care about saving his tyres as much as those at the front did.

On Hamilton I think it's a bit unfair to single him out, race control choose which radio messages they broadcast. For all we know the other top racers could all have been complaining about graining as well.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Mon May 28, 2018 9:19 am

Frankly I think there just wasn't much else to listen to yesterday. Hamilton is championship leader, so naturally people will want to hear how he's getting on and the TV director is going to give his messages more priority.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue May 29, 2018 7:05 am

DjchunKfunK wrote:On Hamilton I think it's a bit unfair to single him out, race control choose which radio messages they broadcast. For all we know the other top racers could all have been complaining about graining as well.

He just irritates me, petulant when things don't go his way, and patronising when they do. Others may have had similar moans but I didn't hear those, so Hamilton gets my ire :)

Vettel is the same, another whiny little tossbag when things aren't working out for him, but not quite to the same level as Hamilton.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Tue May 29, 2018 8:53 am

You guys have really short memories with Monaco! This year was shit, yes, but in the last few years there have been some decent races there.

Besides, I'd take a boring race at Monaco over a boring race at, say, Abu Dhabi or Sotchi any day.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue May 29, 2018 9:23 am

Reading the Metro this morning and predictably the F1 column says they shouldn't change Monaco other than to maybe add additional pit stops, because that's what we want in F1, pit-stop racing.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue May 29, 2018 12:44 pm

Wrathbone wrote:You guys have really short memories with Monaco! This year was shit, yes, but in the last few years there have been some decent races there.

Besides, I'd take a boring race at Monaco over a boring race at, say, Abu Dhabi or Sotchi any day.

Monaco can be exciting, but it is by exception rather than as the norm. It always takes a wildcard like the weather to take a hand in the proceedings.

If it were up to me, all of the processional tracks would be gone from the calendar. Hungary, Abu Dhabi, Barcelona, Monaco, all would go. If F1 is the pinnacle of motorsport, then only the very best circuits should be used.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Tue May 29, 2018 2:58 pm

Most tracks occasionally have a good race. Valencia's last race was pretty good from what I remember, but I doubt we'd find many people who'd say it was a worthwhile addition to the calendar. Granted, I'd rather be in Monaco than Sochi, but I think that's more for the unpleasant political situation. Both countries shove their leaders in the drivers' faces but I'm fairly sure Prince Albert is less awful than Putin.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:02 am

Canada was a dull race. Hamilton called it for me when he referenced the 'crap cars' that they have - they just can't overtake.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:16 am

Vettel took a bit of umbridge at people calling the race boring, not sure that he understands that the races are not quite the same for people spectating. I'm sure it's still exciting for him being behind the wheel.

Previous

Return to A Question of Sport