Lindemann

For your aural and visual pleasure.
Edam

Re: Lindemann

Postby Edam » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:48 am

I've yet to buy it because I was concerned about the lyrics being off putting.

Then I remembered how awesome 'Pussy' was from the last R+ album :lol:

Beautiful lady, you want more
Blitzkrieg with the meat rifle
Liquor in the head, you lovely bride
Shove bratwurst in your sauerkraut!

Inspired.

Given the generally positive reviews, I think I'll take the plunge!

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:18 pm

Alright, the second time he says "I like to fuuuck" on Praise Abort just feels wrong. A little too slurred for it's own good. :lol:
And more needs to be said about that almost death metal like breakdown. It's gloriously heavier than anything I remember hearing from Rammstein.

Thought I would have been tired of the album after a week of near solid playing, yet I'm finding new songs that catch my attention more each time. Now I'm digging into Children of the Sun and Golden Shower.
As for the lyrics in that last one? Haha. You know he's going to say it, but he'll rhyme through Blunt, Stunt and Grunt before shit really kicks off.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:44 pm

I'm still listening to it fairly regularly. Children of the Sun is my favourite track on the album I reckon, I love how much of a groove certain bits of it have. The synth work on this whole album is just great.

Edam

Postby Edam » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:00 am

Subway Diet wrote:There's the obvious ass-kickers, but nobody is talking about the legitimately funny Cowboy or the grim epic of Yukon. There's something about the track Home Sweet Home sounds like an amped up version of a particular 90s rock ballad, but I can't place it.

I thought it sounded like it belonged on Rosenrot, or perhaps Mutter. It had that tone.

I do love the contrast on the album though. You've got the ridiculous ones which you just cant take too seriously, and suddenly they shine. Then there's the likes of "That's my Heart" and "Home Sweet Home" which are more poetic and demonstrate what a phenomenal vocalist he is.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:12 pm

Figured that before I put the album away for the time being, I'd get a copy of the Praise Abort single and check out the 5 remixes on the disk.

There's three for Praise. The first is a pretty neat classical take on the track, all fake orchestra and piano. It's solid and gives a different mood. The other two are clueless electro remixes that just sound like garbage. Any time a mix ups the pitch and speed of the vocals, you know you're in for a bad time.

The last two tracks are remixes of Fat. The first is a kind of dark rock 'n' roll take on the song which is pretty fun. The other is another electronic remix, only instead of trying to force the tempo higher, it's slower and moodier. Still not great, but nowhere near as forced as the other two dancefloor remixes.

So, yeah, you're not missing much at all. I'd say just check the better two tracks on Youtube for a lark, but it seems the copyright people are keeping on top of this one. :P

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:10 pm

Oh OK I admit it, this one has won me over.

Lyrically it is just so sublimely stupid I can't help but laugh, and there are a whole load of real belters tune-wise.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:39 pm

=D>

If I've managed to get non-metal friends hooked on Praise Abort then you've simply got to enjoy it, dude. ;)

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:55 pm

I am looking forward to playing my brother (Bon Jovi and other awful bubblegum rock) Golden Shower and Fat, just to see the look on his face :D
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:58 am

Oh hey. They've put out a new video:

http://www.skillsinpills.com/

Fish On was probably one of the weaker tracks on the album, but the video somewhat justified itself with the hard rocking group of Cousin It :P

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:11 pm

Got my copy of the new Single today.
This new track, G-Spot Michael, is something else. Filthy electronics, Till singing in German, weird Die Antwoord-like vocals and a strange sort of swing about it.

Will give it another spin or two to see how it holds up, but it's certainly more catchy than Fish On.

The final track on the disk is just the full version of the lounge version of Praise Abort heard at the end of the video.

Hardly the most inspiring single, considering the last one was rammed full of (mostly questionable) remixes, but I'll keep on buying them for some weird collector mentality. :P

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:51 pm

That is awesome. Not so sure about the lyrics but the music is great.

Previous

Return to Music and Literature