Devin Townsend Ziltoid 2

For your aural and visual pleasure.
Mantis
Admin

Re: Devin Townsend Ziltoid 2

Postby Mantis » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:57 pm

My art book with the CDs, DVD and Blu Ray has finally arrived. What a package. Happy memories of one hell of a night.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:42 pm

Yep mine arrived the other day too. Another obscenely flash Devy collection to add to my By A Thread and Retinal Circus ones.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:59 pm

Did you buy into the Contain Us boxset too? That's probably the most special one to me, only a limited number made and with a ton of unreleased tracks and B-sides on one of the disks.

A signed By A Thread is pretty wicked too. His audience has really grown since way back then.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:30 pm

Nope never got the Contain Us set, although they have one on Amazon for £150 and I recently got £250 Amazon vouchers from work. It's a lot, but...

How good is it?

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:49 pm

Depends how fussed you are over a few bonus tracks that can't be found anywhere else. I think maybe half of them are available on other releases, though the demo disk is pretty nifty if you're into hearing early workings of tracks. The audio commentaries for each album are fascinating too, he explains a lot of the subtle stuff that goes into most of the tracks that you never really hear, but again it depends on whether you're into that kind of thing.

It's a nice piece of history, only 5000 of them were released.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:52 am

I think I am going to pass - not that I would not enjoy it as I am sure I would, Devin is unique for me in that everything the guy does just resonates with me, doesn't matter if it is SYL at their heaviest, Casualties of Cool or Ghost, it all works for me.

Is just the cost - it wouldn't cost me any 'real' money but that free cash would be better spent elsewhere. The bonus tracks I will take to the high seas, I am sure I can find them...

Burberry Knight

Postby Burberry Knight » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:30 pm

I've yet to watch all of my RAH dvd, just been slowly making my way through set 2 when I have dinner; keeping the Z2 show for a full showing.

What I have watched so far is immense and just makes me even more sad that I couldn't get a ticket. However, I'm glad that I'm at least getting to experience it on dvd as the setlist is simply awesome.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:58 pm

*Resurrects thread*

So Devy has been doing an auction of some of his old tour merch that he has kept for himself over the years. Knowing the size of the pile of tour shirts and hoodies I own, I dread to think what his must be like.

Anyhow, I went for a couple of bids on his old City shirt from his SYL days. Each item comes with a little handwritten note from Dev outlining its history, and my last SYL shirt died in the washing machine years ago.It was going for the highest price, but I have just had my bonus from work so figured fuck it. I decided to get up on Tuesday morning at 1am to try and bag the winning bid before the auction closed, but I was pipped by someone who plunged in a $350 Canadian bit at the last (bidding to that point was at the $170 mark) and that was higher than I had gambled.

I looked at the auction page, and saw that there were still other auctions running, including a nice SYL shirt with a design I have not seen before (and can't find online) and a really old one of a cartoon skullet Devin from when they started Hevydevy.com, so I chucked a couple of bids in, one on each. I had to work the next day so knew I was going to have to leave it in the hands of the gods and go back to bed, and as they still had a few hours left to run didn't hold out any hope.

Anyhow, I won both, and for less than I was bidding on the City shirt. Happy days!

Thought I would share that, pics to follow once they wend their way from Canada to Hampshire :)

PaladinAl

Postby PaladinAl » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:09 pm

Actually glad Devin started making decent music again after the absolute state of "Epicloud" I had majorly gone off him. Both Sky Blue and Z2 are amazing. Highlights for the respective: Silent Militia and Deathray. Especially Deathray, that is just too funky for its own good.
"O men, how long shall my honour be turned into shame?"
@alun_parker1987

Turned out nice again!

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:19 am

Interested to see what his new output is like since he disbanded the DTP.

Not too concerned, as his stuff generally floats my boat regardless (I enjoyed Epicloud :)) but very interested to see which direction(s) he goes.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sat May 12, 2018 7:52 am

They arrived :D

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Sat May 12, 2018 8:38 am

:lol:

Brilliant!
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Previous

Return to Music and Literature