Devin Townsend Ziltoid 2

For your aural and visual pleasure.
Mantis
Admin

Re: Devin Townsend Ziltoid 2

Postby Mantis » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:57 pm

My art book with the CDs, DVD and Blu Ray has finally arrived. What a package. Happy memories of one hell of a night.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:42 pm

Yep mine arrived the other day too. Another obscenely flash Devy collection to add to my By A Thread and Retinal Circus ones.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:59 pm

Did you buy into the Contain Us boxset too? That's probably the most special one to me, only a limited number made and with a ton of unreleased tracks and B-sides on one of the disks.

A signed By A Thread is pretty wicked too. His audience has really grown since way back then.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:30 pm

Nope never got the Contain Us set, although they have one on Amazon for £150 and I recently got £250 Amazon vouchers from work. It's a lot, but...

How good is it?

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:49 pm

Depends how fussed you are over a few bonus tracks that can't be found anywhere else. I think maybe half of them are available on other releases, though the demo disk is pretty nifty if you're into hearing early workings of tracks. The audio commentaries for each album are fascinating too, he explains a lot of the subtle stuff that goes into most of the tracks that you never really hear, but again it depends on whether you're into that kind of thing.

It's a nice piece of history, only 5000 of them were released.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:52 am

I think I am going to pass - not that I would not enjoy it as I am sure I would, Devin is unique for me in that everything the guy does just resonates with me, doesn't matter if it is SYL at their heaviest, Casualties of Cool or Ghost, it all works for me.

Is just the cost - it wouldn't cost me any 'real' money but that free cash would be better spent elsewhere. The bonus tracks I will take to the high seas, I am sure I can find them...

Burberry Knight

Postby Burberry Knight » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:30 pm

I've yet to watch all of my RAH dvd, just been slowly making my way through set 2 when I have dinner; keeping the Z2 show for a full showing.

What I have watched so far is immense and just makes me even more sad that I couldn't get a ticket. However, I'm glad that I'm at least getting to experience it on dvd as the setlist is simply awesome.

Previous

Return to Music and Literature