Re: Guitars with a side of guitar.

Postby Burberry Knight » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:58 pm

:lol:

Nice try, Tichinde!

Burberry Knight

Postby Burberry Knight » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:24 pm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_fxl8_pro.htm

Just purchased one of these bad boys. No more tap dancing more me!

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:38 am

So that G5 I randomly bought on impulse..... its not bad, its a little weird but its not bad. For what I payed its pretty damn good actually. Its more built around being a virtual pedal board than any multi FX Ive had before and perhaps it seems a tad cumbersome in how it handles that (in the 90mins Ive had it that is, this is all very snap). Not had a chance to amp it but theres some nice sounds through headphones. The tube boost is a nice idea, sounds decent enough though I cant help but think its a wasted pedal that cant be reassigned if a patch doesnt need to use it. The usb audio out seems clean and quiet which will be some use while I'm staying at my maw and paws and my proper interface is on a rack in the garage.

The Z pedal is pretty shit. An extra axis on the pedal except you cant go into it smoothly because it takes a fair bit of pressure to take it out of its neutral groove. Ive not messed with the tension which could sort that but then.... not sure I would like that either since it would be too easy to accidentally do into it. Its an interesting idea but in use it feels quite lame so far. Also hate that bank up and down is press two pedals together and only 3 patches per bank is kind of weak especially with there being 5 pedals on it (3 for patches, 1 for stomp box mode/bypass and 1 for tube).

So initial impressions are that its good but lacking a little in a few areas and questionably designed in others. Still, worth the cash imo and I look forward to having a proper play tomorrow.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:26 am

So, whats it like now you've had a proper go on it?

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:24 pm

Oh yeah, I bought that didnt I...... I'll let you know....
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:50 pm

That good eh? ¬_¬

Anyone use amplitube or Guitar rig? I'm half tempted to get one if there any good, can get amplitube for about £60.

NG

Postby NG » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:08 pm

Makala Soprano Ukulele.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371016642434

Purchased this from ebay for £38. Slightly cheaper than Amazon (same seller ebony & Ivory) and has the Aquila strings fitted by the seller which are apparently better than the default/standard manufacturer strings. I've had this for about a month & have become fairly competent with it with fairly regular practice through out the day, every now and then. Initially it was more difficult & painful than expected for a beginner because I had no idea that you use your fingernails to strum, which I had cut a few days prior receiving it, so I had a small blister on my index finger for about 3 days or so.

After about month with the ukulele, I fancy a bigger size (tenor) ukulele because I have big fingers & the space between the frets is quite small on the soprano, which is the standard & smallest ukulele size, but that's something further in the future once I'm more proficient.

I also purchased the Eno ET 33U Clip-On Ukulele Tuner, which has a guitar setting, but can't say how good it is, but it's great and so easy for tuning my ukulele.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00B ... ge_o03_s00

Out of curiousity, has anybody bought, used and or recommend a metronome when they started learning the guitar/ukulele?

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:21 pm

Just bought a boss GT 100 on the cheap off eBay's. I wonder how long it'll take me to get a good sound out of it.

Ng, just get a free metronome app on your phone or something. I bought a korg electric one but I doubt its much better than an app one.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 am

NG wrote:Image
Makala Soprano Ukulele.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371016642434

Purchased this from ebay for £38. Slightly cheaper than Amazon (same seller ebony & Ivory) and has the Aquila strings fitted by the seller which are apparently better than the default/standard manufacturer strings. I've had this for about a month & have become fairly competent with it with fairly regular practice through out the day, every now and then. Initially it was more difficult & painful than expected for a beginner because I had no idea that you use your fingernails to strum, which I had cut a few days prior receiving it, so I had a small blister on my index finger for about 3 days or so.

After about month with the ukulele, I fancy a bigger size (tenor) ukulele because I have big fingers & the space between the frets is quite small on the soprano, which is the standard & smallest ukulele size, but that's something further in the future once I'm more proficient.

I also purchased the Eno ET 33U Clip-On Ukulele Tuner, which has a guitar setting, but can't say how good it is, but it's great and so easy for tuning my ukulele.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00B ... ge_o03_s00

Out of curiousity, has anybody bought, used and or recommend a metronome when they started learning the guitar/ukulele?

Yay! Ukuleles!

:D

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:20 pm

Me wrote:Just bought a boss GT 100 on the cheap off eBay's. I wonder how long it'll take me to get a good sound out of it.

Ng, just get a free metronome app on your phone or something. I bought a korg electric one but I doubt its much better than an app one.

I had a GT9 years ago but I ended up selling it as I spent more time messing around trying to make good patches than actually using it to make music. Nowadays I prefer to stick with a few decent pedals than be faced with endless options in an MFX unit.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:52 pm

There is a fair lot, did see a guide for a POD500 that expalined alot of it, I'm sure I'll pick up what I need to know eventually, plus there is a manual mode. You sure you had a GT9 mantis? I ask because there isn't a GT9 ¬_¬

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:13 pm

My bad, it was a GT-10. I thought that they'd skipped 10 and just gone straight to 100 and I know I had the model before the 100. I literally only had it for about 6 months, bought it off Ebay then flogged it back on there and only lost about 40 quid in the whole deal. I liked some of the effects on it but the amp modelling was pretty lacklustre and many of the effects sounded like something I could have gotten out of Reason for free.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:31 pm

I got this one for about 50-70 below the going rate, so if I need to sell it on I should get it all back. Gotta admit my Yamaha THR has better response, you can drive it to distortion with hard picking but the GT doesn't seem to change regardless of how soft or hard you go.

Burberry Knight

Postby Burberry Knight » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:40 pm

Just picked up one of these absolute beauties:

j1nh

Postby j1nh » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:09 am

PreviousNext

Return to Music and Literature