Guitars with a side of guitar.

For your aural and visual pleasure.
Burberry Knight

Guitars with a side of guitar.

Postby Burberry Knight » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:31 am

A thread where we post our owned, and desired, guitars. The thread could also be used to sell/trade if folk are interested in that. I'll start:

I've loved Mayones' instruments for some time, ever since I came across one in a guitar shop one day, and I've spent the last hour or so trying to figure out how I could afford that bad boy. It's only £2,699 :oops: . The only realistic way to purchase it would be the monthly payments for a year, the drawback there being the 9.9% APR. I'd also have to sell some of my other gear which I find a total hassle - because I'm a lazy twat.

I currently play a Schecter Loomis 7 :

My one has a chrome floyd rose which was not the best quality - it flaked away a bit at the lowest string - but I lost the receipt not long after purchase. Fanny. I got this guitar for £949; I can only assume that they bumped up the price once the better floyd rose was added. Cunts. Still, a cracking guitar that has a more versatile tonal range than it may look.

I've also got a Schecter Hellraiser which is up for sale for £390, even though it's still sitting in my parents house. :?

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Re: Guitars with a side of guitar.

Postby Snowy » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:49 pm

I play a PRS Mikael Åkerfeldt SE, basically a take on the Soapbar:

Tis a lovely thing!

Also thrash around on a tatty old acoustic, but it ain't worth a pic :D
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:04 pm

My guitar collection is steadily growing, though I don't play half of them anywhere near as much as I'd like. Been playing for nearly 8 years now and only just starting to feel comfortable with my abilities. Here they are in the order I acquired them:

Spoiler: show
My first guitar, bought for me when I was 16, is an Ibanez GAX30. I've since ripped out the stock pickups and put a Dimarzio Airtone and Seymour Duncan Dimebucker (pictures below) in and it sounds pretty killer now. I use it mostly for idle practicing and down tuning; the only problem with it is that the medium sized frets can be a little awkward to play sometimes.

Next up is an Ibanez S670pb, which is now discontinued in favour of the 770pb model. The only real difference is that mine doesn't have 24 frets and the inlays are a bit different. It's by far the lightest guitar I've ever picked up, but I don't play it very much anymore because it has terrible sustain and I don't really get on with the ZR trem system so much. The low output humbuckers and single coil in the middle can give you a really sweet strat/tele style clean tone though; also the neck is ridiculously thin and action super low so it's pretty easy to shred on.

I also own a lovely Schecter 7 string Omen Extreme model. Took me ages to get used to the lower string being so wobbly but I absolutely love this guitar. It's a huge chunk of wood with a fantastic warm tone, sounds great both clean and dirty. I never use the coil tap for cleans though.

My Chapman ML2 is probably the most comfortable guitar I've ever played, though it weighs an absolute ton and took a while to get used to. It sounds absolutely fantastic though.

And finally my most recent purchase, I bought a Squier Jazz Bass. Very versatile and sounds really lovely, way better than the two Yamaha models that I demoed on the day.

And here's my dream 7 string. Costs somewhere in the region of 1500-2000 quid but boy does it look amazing. I've seen a few players with them in the flesh at gigs and they look so much nicer than in the photos.

I'd love a proper high end Custom PRS 22 too. They're almost 2 and a half grand though.

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:56 pm

<3

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:05 pm

Me wants.

I'm currently playing a dogshit jaxville strat rip-off.

Pew-Pew

Postby Pew-Pew » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:07 pm

First bass that I had (gave it to a charity shop a few years back) was a Peavey p-bass that I can't actually find a picture of.

Then I bought a fairly sexy Fender Aerodyne Jazz bass:

Next came my 6-string Ibanez SR506 bass:

(it's lovely to play but it's SO neck-heavy. Low B isn't that great either.)

Followed by my lovely 5-string fretless Warwick Corvette Standard:

and finally my awesome American Deluxe Fender Jazz Bass (4-string):

I have a cheapish Crafter acoustic guitar, too, along with a Fender Mexican std Strat:

Prey wrote: plus i rally want to jukmp on my wife but she ssleep.

i might ha ve to giver her a moo o rtwo

-_-

Solitaire

Postby Solitaire » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:24 pm

My 1993 Modulus Graphite Sweet Spot - she just turned 20 :)

1992 Steinberger full body graphite (pic from 1993 as well, playing on stage at Sluggo's, Pensacola, FLA):

Newest addition: Dean Electric Upright Fretless, just showed up in the post last week:

banapaulo

Postby banapaulo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:51 pm

For the sake of balance, here's my main acoustic :P

Blueridge BR60CE Electro. Amazing tone and lovely for finger picking, though a bit bright and almost 'too' refined, so I still use my cheap ones for mucking about. Chuffed though as I paid £500 new and it's £640 now.

katarn wrote:Oh yeah! I agree with Banapaulo. 8)

Burberry Knight

Postby Burberry Knight » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:25 pm

Ah, Snowy, I never knew that you played! We could've engaged in some guitar geekery before Devy, not that there was much pre-show time, though. Cracking PRS that you have there.

Pew, that Warwick fretless...fuck, that is pant-wettingly lush.

I didn't realise that you had a Shecter, Mantis. Cracking guitars for the price.

I have neglected my first guitars, to my own shame. The first guitar I ever owned was my Epiphone SG:

I dug this out after I moved and I now use it for any parts I write with my ebow as passive pickups work a little better than active.

My second was my gorgeous acoustic, a Takamine EF508C. It's now discontinued, I bought mine about 7/8 years ago for £890, but I saw one when I was last in London going for £1100!

(Not my pic, just pulled from google).

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:44 pm

That's a lovely acoustic, I still need to invest in a decent one. Didn't throw up a photo because my current one is a knockoff that I picked up for £30 from a bargain exchange store.

And yeah, I bought that Schecter two years ago I think. Really wanted a 7 string to play some proggy stuff and experiment with the lower string and all the Ibanez models looked utterly naff. For £380 I picked up that lovely Omen model with the great maroon veneer and it sounds fantastic too. Way better than any of the RGs I saw. I'd probably go for a higher end model if I ever decided that I wanted another 7 string, though I'm not a fan of having active pickups.

Adalaar
Augmented

Postby Adalaar » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:54 pm

Play a Hudson Dreadnaught acoustic. Will get a couple of pics up tomorrow.
cHeal wrote: I don't care one way or another whether GamerGate is all white or all black migrant transgender midget. .

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:28 am

Burberry Knight wrote:Ah, Snowy, I never knew that you played! We could've engaged in some guitar geekery before Devy, not that there was much pre-show time, though. Cracking PRS that you have there.

Haha no problem.

I am a fairly new player tbh, my mates have all played since forever, so even though I fancied learning when I was a wee'un, I always figured it was their thing and so never did. Always had the desire to though, so when I turned 40 and the wife asked me what I would like for a pressie, after some soul-searching I said I would love to learn guitar. The PRS followed after a bit of shopping around, along with a Marshall to play it through, and 3 years later I am still enjoying it.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:54 pm

I've got really vivid images of you rocking out to Opeth now.

Burberry Knight

Postby Burberry Knight » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:18 am

Solitaire wrote:My 1993 Modulus Graphite Sweet Spot - she just turned 20 :)

1992 Steinberger full body graphite (pic from 1993 as well, playing on stage at Sluggo's, Pensacola, FLA):

Newest addition: Dean Electric Upright Fretless, just showed up in the post last week:

Those are some interesting basses, Soli, particularly that last one!

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:25 am

Mantis wrote:I've got really vivid images of you rocking out to Opeth now.

They are accurate ;)

Next

Return to Music and Literature