Stormbringer & Subway Diet's Metal Compendium

For your aural and visual pleasure.
Mantis
Admin

Re: Stormbringer & Subway Diet's Metal Compendium

Postby Mantis » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:29 am

Guy who does Cloudkicker wrote, recorded, mixed and mastered this in a single day then released it a day later.

My absolute favourite artist, even surpassing the mighty Mr Townsend. Would really quite like a new album right about now.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:50 pm

First album of 2018.

It's pretty damn cool.
Got a bit of the dark retro vibe, but mixed with that tacky electro industrial synth-rock sound that I get a kick out of.

End of an Era

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:43 pm

Mantis wrote:Guy who does Cloudkicker wrote, recorded, mixed and mastered this in a single day then released it a day later.

My absolute favourite artist, even surpassing the mighty Mr Townsend. Would really quite like a new album right about now.

Yeah technically Cloudkicker are immense, but two large drawbacks for me. First, it's a one-man affair, meaning no live shows. Second, and the real kicker (pun intended) is the lack of vocals.

The guy has talent dribbling from every orifice, why he doesn't put a band together is beyond me.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:54 pm

The lack of vocals doesn't bother me, I'm quite into instrumental post rock and shoegaze style stuff and I think this style in particular is probably better without them. It's nice to just get caught up nodding to the polymeter rhythms without vocals distracting you.

He's actually a full time pilot and Cloudkicker has always been just a project for him to express himself with, it's even all available for free on his Bandcamp. A full band would be terrific though, the clips from his short tour where Intronaut filled in as his backing band in the US a few years ago all look immense.

Previous

Return to Music and Literature