Comic Recommendations Thread

For your aural and visual pleasure.
NG

Re: Comic Recommendations Thread

Postby NG » Wed May 28, 2014 1:19 pm

Morning Glories Vol 1 to 6

Bought the Image comics Humble Bundle that was out this month. Read all five volumes in one day & enjoyed what I read and bought volume 6 shortly afterwards, but had to wait a week or so for it to arrive. Because of the long wait I kind of had difficulty identifying some of the characters, which wasn't helped by the change in art style in this volume. I may had do so re-reading, but overall I enjoyed it and will be keeping an eye out on future volumes.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Picked volume three of Marvel Now: Deadpool because I liked the art (and any book with Deadpool, Wolverine and Cap A in North Korea is a winner...) and was very pleasantly surprised with how it dealt with the character and the situation he was in. A lot grittier than the mainline Deadpool series (and a shield agent in his head rather than two other personalities) but definitely worth a read if you're a fan of the character. Made me laugh out loud more than once which is always my one demand of a DP book :)
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

JohnyHumf

Postby JohnyHumf » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:32 pm

Got caught up with Invincible and my god, Kirkman really doesn't pull any punches. Everyone should read this at some point.

NG

Postby NG » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:00 pm

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:19 am

No Battlefields? Booooo.

NG

Postby NG » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:57 pm

It may be added later during the Humble sale.

Executive Assistant Iris Volume 1 & 2 (Aspen Comics)

Came across this on my Amazon recommendations, bought it after hearing positive things about it (particulary from Comicvine on Youtube).
First volume has a lot of action, good pacing & good character development/story, but I still have a question or two about the personality of Iris after building her up to be this strong stoic character.
Second volume, not a as much action as the first, but interesting story. Both worth reading & lovely eye candy especially the cover artwork.

The first issue is free on Comixology if you want a peek & the first of the second volume (I think). Can't seem to find the physical version of volume 3, but it is available for purchase on Comixology if anybody is interested.

NG

Postby NG » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:24 pm

Rossell

Postby Rossell » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:06 pm

Recently got into comics having bought myself a tablet and the Kindle app. I've decided to start by, surprise surprise, Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye. Got through about 15 issues so far and I love it. It's Transformers meets Red Dwarf and you absolutely must try it.

NG

Postby NG » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:40 am

Previous

Return to Music and Literature