Fighting Fantasy

For your aural and visual pleasure.
User avatar
Scrappy
 
Posts: 6596
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:19 pm

Postby Scrappy » Fri May 08, 2009 11:20 pm

Adam wrote:No-one else really hated these things, then?


Aye, while all the other guys in my class in Junior school were reading these, I was at the back with a friend reading through all the Horrible History books.

User avatar
Crowley
 
Posts: 18131
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:07 pm
Location: Sauntering vaguely downwards

Postby Crowley » Sat May 09, 2009 12:08 am

Adam wrote:No-one else really hated these things, then?

I hated them for being shit and unfair, but they were the only books offering reader participation, so I played them nevertheless. If anyone at my school had been more inclined I'd probably have turned to D&D instead, but alas, it was not to be.

User avatar
KingCrab
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:26 pm
Location: Leeds

Postby KingCrab » Sat May 09, 2009 9:22 am

Miserable bastards.

No-one else really hated these things, then?


Yeah I imagine thousands if not millions of people didn't like them, just like thousands if not millions of people don't like some books that you like.
Image

User avatar
Adam
 
Posts: 27658
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:27 pm
Location: Tottenham

Postby Adam » Sat May 09, 2009 11:50 am

I'm torn between

:lol:

and

:?


Getting defensive over a series of children's books. :lol: :?
www.thelineofbestfit.com

p.s. - I am wanking as I write this

User avatar
Solidarity Reg
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:08 am
Location: Being savaged by a turbot

Postby Solidarity Reg » Sat May 09, 2009 1:14 pm

I found a whole bunch of these I had the other day. Good memories, even if I did cheat all the way through and never could be arsed to use the dice/pencil method.

I have fond favourites, but they are very much heading the jumble sale now.

User avatar
KingCrab
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:26 pm
Location: Leeds

Postby KingCrab » Sun May 10, 2009 12:19 pm

Metal Monkey wrote:I found a whole bunch of these I had the other day. Good memories, even if I did cheat all the way through and never could be arsed to use the dice/pencil method.

I have fond favourites, but they are very much heading the jumble sale now.


You don't fancy donating them do you? Or selling them?

Edit: To me, that is
Image

User avatar
Solidarity Reg
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:08 am
Location: Being savaged by a turbot

Postby Solidarity Reg » Sun May 10, 2009 12:33 pm

KingCrab wrote:
Metal Monkey wrote:I found a whole bunch of these I had the other day. Good memories, even if I did cheat all the way through and never could be arsed to use the dice/pencil method.

I have fond favourites, but they are very much heading the jumble sale now.


You don't fancy donating them do you? Or selling them?

Edit: To me, that is


Not at all, but it's a hell of a lot of postage mate. I live in the Channel Islands.

I'll find out what we are talking weight wise ect and get back to you with a price, how about that? Where abouts do you live?

User avatar
KingCrab
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:26 pm
Location: Leeds

Postby KingCrab » Sun May 10, 2009 12:40 pm

I'm in Leeds, is that going to be really expensive?

Which books have you got?

:D
Image

User avatar
Solidarity Reg
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:08 am
Location: Being savaged by a turbot

Postby Solidarity Reg » Sun May 10, 2009 12:47 pm

It's slightly more than UK standard post, I believe, and it'll depend how many books I've got. Off the top of my head I can't remember the titles, I know I'm missing some. I'll check when I get home from work and post them up.

User avatar
KingCrab
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:26 pm
Location: Leeds

Postby KingCrab » Sun May 10, 2009 12:59 pm

Metal Monkey wrote:It's slightly more than UK standard post, I believe, and it'll depend how many books I've got. Off the top of my head I can't remember the titles, I know I'm missing some. I'll check when I get home from work and post them up.


Cheers dude, you're a star.
Image

User avatar
Solidarity Reg
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:08 am
Location: Being savaged by a turbot

Postby Solidarity Reg » Mon May 11, 2009 8:10 am

Ok, I have:

City of Thieves (5) ..also the first one I ever had and is still one of the best

Sword of the Samurai (20)

Beneath Nightmare Castle (25)

Black Vein Prophecy (42)

Daggers of Darkness (35)


I used to have tons and I have no idea what happened to them all, including some of my favourites (Starship Traveller, Midnight Rogue etc..). I'll give my mum a ring later today and see if she boxed them up somewhere.

User avatar
KingCrab
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:26 pm
Location: Leeds

Postby KingCrab » Mon May 11, 2009 9:11 am

The only one I already have of those is City of thieves so the others will have a new home here if you're sure you don't want em?
Image

User avatar
Solidarity Reg
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:08 am
Location: Being savaged by a turbot

Postby Solidarity Reg » Mon May 11, 2009 10:26 am

KingCrab wrote:The only one I already have of those is City of thieves so the others will have a new home here if you're sure you don't want em?


Yeah, you can have them. just pay for the postage and they're yours.

I'll find out how much that is when I get a chance, but Ill make sure there isn't any more floating around at my parent's house first.


Sure you don't want City of Thieves as well? It's one with an old-style cover on it. It was the latest one at the time! :lol:

User avatar
KingCrab
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:26 pm
Location: Leeds

Postby KingCrab » Mon May 11, 2009 10:35 am

Ok that sounds cool. :D

I've already got 2 copies of City of Thieves, the one with the skeleton with the scythe on the front. Its an amazing picture though.

Are the FF books you have the originals with the green spines? I'm not keen on the new versions.
Image

User avatar
Solidarity Reg
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:08 am
Location: Being savaged by a turbot

Postby Solidarity Reg » Mon May 11, 2009 11:58 am

KingCrab wrote:Ok that sounds cool. :D

I've already got 2 copies of City of Thieves, the one with the skeleton with the scythe on the front. Its an amazing picture though.

Are the FF books you have the originals with the green spines? I'm not keen on the new versions.


Yeah, they are all green. I didn't know there were different ones!

PreviousNext

Return to Music and Literature

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron