For your aural and visual pleasure.

Animalmother

Re: George R R Martins - A Song of Ice and Fire

Postby Animalmother » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:33 pm

This is probably not real...

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:14 pm

I think it's based off the Bleach wii game.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:14 pm

So, after seeing the TV series and realising just why so many people are giddy over this series, I finally got around to reading the books.

Ploughed through Game of Thrones last week and started Clash of Kings last night. I'm already half way through it. Cannot stop reading! Very excited about being able to read more of the series that hasn't yet been adapted to television so that the future is unknown.

brightroar

Postby brightroar » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:56 am

Spoilers/foreshadowing from the season 3 trailer. DO NOT READ IF YOU'VE NOT COMPLETED TO A DANCE WITH DRAGONS, or at the very least fully completed Storm of Swords. There is a LOT of scope in here. Whoever makes these trailers is an evil genius.

Spoiler: show
So much stuff going on here.

0.09: Dragonstone? The return of Davos?

0.13: "Death is coming for everyone and everything" as Cat and Robb inspect the dead in a ruined holdfast. Not sure where - it looks like Winterfell but that makes no sense. They're on their way to Riverrun as of the end of season 2. Could be Harrenhal or some other random fort.

0.17: BERIC FUCKING DONDARRION LIGHTING HIS SWORD WITH THE FIRES OF R'HLOR

0.18: Coldhands?

0.19: Man with bag on his head, probably being tortured. Theon?

0.24: UNSULLIED

0.25: "Show them how it feels to lose what they love" - closeup on Cersei. Guess the Purple Wedding is coming up soonish.

0.28: Orell the skinchanger, warging into his hawk? While Mance gets shouty.

0.32: Joffrey and someone slamming a dagger (possibly THE dagger) into a table near him. Tyrion revealing that he knows it was him that ordered Bran's assassination?

0.32: Ygritte drawing her bow. Wildling battles are gonna happen - Queenscrown?

0.33: Hound vs Beric

0.35: Hoster Tully's funeral :(

0.36+: "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand" - cut to Jaime screaming in pain on the word "hand". Bwahahaha.

0.45: Cave sex

0.46: Drogon stretching his wings, presumably on the voyage from Qarth to Astapor across Slaver's Bay

0.49: Astapor burns.

0.50: Figure on a white horse fleeing. I think this might be Jon defecting from the wildlings at Queenscrown to warn Castle Black of the imminent wildling attack.

0.51: Cyvasse. Who the hell is playing Cyvasse? I don't think the Dornish have been cast yet.

End sequence: "The revenge you want will be yours in time" - all those characters have their vengeance eventually (or someone doing it on their behalf)

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:20 pm

The Red Wedding is in this book as well isn't it? I foresee much Holy Fuckage coming from those who haven't read the books.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:40 pm

Both weddings are in part 2 of the book. Season 3 is only meant to be covering part 1 of the book.

Though given the sheer amount of shit that goes down in part 2, I imagine that this series will probably sneak in the
Red Wedding
as part of the climactic finale. Season 4 would just be relentless thrills from start to finish otherwise.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:15 pm

Spoiler manitis. And yes, it's confirmed as in this series.

brightroar

Postby brightroar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:27 pm

They've switched up the timelines a bit for the TV show, for example Meera and Jojen were supposed to be in Clash of Kings but have been moved to season 3, none of the Dornish have been cast yet and I think they first show up in part 1 of ASOS? I forget though, the books have mostly mashed together in one continuous blob in my mind. Some other stuff has been fiddled with too. The timeline for both parts of ASOS doesn't run in a strict linear fashion between the books as far as I know, so stuff might be moved between the two seasons. Much like how AFFC and ADWD have overlapping timelines, so they'll have to be smushed together for the show.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:29 pm

Pretty sure the first Dornish characters aren't introduced until Part 2 of ASOS when the Red Viper travels to King's Landing.

brightroar

Postby brightroar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:34 pm

Makes sense.
I guess red is season 3 and purple must be season 4, would probably make the most sense, unless they're both in S4? Not sure where the Nights Watch stuff will be, Queenscrown is clearly in s3 and there's a shot of Orell at Craster's in the trailer so that stuff with Mormont must be in S3 too. Castle Black battle as the opener for season 4?

katarn

Postby katarn » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:12 pm

Animalmother wrote:
The Red Wedding is in this book as well isn't it? I foresee much Holy Fuckage coming from those who haven't read the books.
Yeah, it'll be fun seeing the non-book readers reactions. I wonder though, if..

..it'll come close to the Ned beheading in terms of viewer outrage. I find that Cat and Robb aren't quite perceived as 'the' main characters of the TV series, at least not to the extent Ned was in season 1 anyway.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:21 pm

What happens to them is a little more grim though. Plus the show has made it easier to empathize with them than the books did.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:17 pm

It depends on Robs development, the book was almost portraying him as the protagonist against Jofferys antagonist, the way he developed from a young inexperienced commander to proving himself better at war strategy than his opponents. Generally in alot of fantasy when a young lad develops like that he's the hero and saves the world, you don't expect all that improvement and growth to count for nothing when he gets cut down. That made it all the more shocking for me, he'd developed into such a powerful leader and died anyway.

I hope he dies like he does in the book with alot of distracting action happening, then rob silently looking down and noticing a bolt sticking out of side. I had to go back and re-read the sentence to make sure it had actually happened.

The Snot Goblin

Postby The Snot Goblin » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:37 pm

"Jaime Lannister sends his regards."
I am going to eat Spaceman paninis with black Hitler and there is nothing you can do about it!

PreviousNext

Return to Music and Literature