Just Cause 4 Shows up on Steam. Woops.

Shoot the shit.
katarn

Re: Just Cause 4 Shows up on Steam. Woops.

Postby katarn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:42 pm

Raid wrote:It really does. I just hope the PC version is, y'know, playable on release. I completely lost interest in JC3 because of technical issues and then never went back.

Isn't JC4 made by the team that made JC2 & Mad Max?

If that's the case I'd wager it'll be in damn good condition on release.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:55 pm

I hope so, but there's no way in hell I'm buying it on release again.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:58 pm

katarn wrote:
Raid wrote:It really does. I just hope the PC version is, y'know, playable on release. I completely lost interest in JC3 because of technical issues and then never went back.

Isn't JC4 made by the team that made JC2 & Mad Max?

If that's the case I'd wager it'll be in damn good condition on release.

I don't think so, they are busy making Rage 2, this is the US studio who made 3.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

katarn

Postby katarn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:59 pm

Ah okay, thought I saw it mentioned they were doing it.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:23 pm

Its a bit of a mess on the console as well. It constantly disconnects and then tries to reconnect to the SEnix servers every few minutes so you spend most of the game looking at the 'Connecting to server' screen. This can't be disabled either. Plus the controls are fucking dire.

Looks nice though and blowing up petrol stations never gets old.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:10 am

I found a much better look at the game in this video...

As much as I'm enjoying JC3 I LOVE the fact that the newer outing just harks right back to the same style as FC2 with tall as hell mountainous jungle regions and lots and lots of beautiful green foliage, thick palm tree shadows and muddy brown roads everywhere inbetween. You can really see the upgraded visuals even at such an early stage and for the love of all things holy please give this outing a damn FOV slider as not having on in JC3 was a huge oversight for many.

Is it just me though or does Rico have like a huge butt? Erm yeah anyway it's truly amazing to see how far this series has come since its release in 2006 as no other open world games have ever come close to the wonderful marriage of controllable fluidity, intuitive controls and complete batshit insane creativity that make you feel so rewarded just for blowing shit up and getting away/avoiding fire as you are doing it as this series does.
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:53 am

This sounds cool...

There are now designated "chaos objects" littered around the landscape. If something has a red stripe, there's something on it that can be activated somehow to provide a secondary destruction effect. The example in the E3 demo was a giant fuel tank, which had a valve on the side that could get shot off. Doing so made the entire fuel tank — and this thing was about the size of a tractor-trailer — fly into the distance like an unguided missile, taking out everything in its path.

The developers opened their show for Just Cause 4 by saying, simply, "Everything is back." They've really leaned into the idea that this is what their franchise is all about: creative, constant, picturesque destruction, along with flying around with the world's least physics-enabled parachute and grappling hook. They've taken everything from Just Cause 3, turned it up, added a few more options, and sheathed the whole thing in an inch-thick layer of plastic explosive.

http://worthplaying.com/event/E3_2018/P ... 18/109633/

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:23 pm

Hasn't stuff like that always been in the Just Cause games?

Sounds just like this only scaled up a bit.

The more I read about JC4 the less I can be arsed with it. :-?

JasonHimm

Postby JasonHimm » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:52 pm

Was really looking forward to the 3rd game. Bought it and it had such a low FOV I couldn't play it more than 10 minutes at a time without feeling sick. Strange for a 3rd person game. I think someone had released a mod to fix it but the company released an update that broke it. I'm hoping they'll fix this in the fourth one. Eh, who am I kidding? I probably won't buy it anyway after that disappointment.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:15 pm

Previous

Return to FPS & Action