Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Shoot the shit.
Prey
Admin

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Postby Prey » Thu May 31, 2018 5:25 pm

edit:

Origins was such a terrific and much needed step up in quality I don't understand why Ubisoft are pushing this out so soon. Sales were up, confidence in the franchise was up, positive word of mouth was up even. People including myself are still pouring hours of time into Origin and the two additional DLC's so we don't need a new game this damn soon. Have they learned nothing?

Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

Prey
Admin

Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Postby Prey » Thu May 31, 2018 8:15 pm

Odyssey will actually be a direct sequel to AC Origins and will arrive before the end of the year. Sigh.

- Takes Place in Greece during Flavian Dynasty

- 2 Playable characters, but can only play one per play through. Character's have intersecting but different stories, different forms of Eagle Vision, different skills, etc.

- Naval has a massive return, see below

- Unity style customization with massive improvements

- Return of Social Stealth

- Return of Brotherhood System

- Return of Renovation System

- Crafting is massively upgraded

- Fight mythical beasts and legendary ship battles

- Return of smoke bombs

- Return of Weapon Wheels

- Mix between parkour and origins style tombs

- Coming Holiday 2018

- Map involves Achaea, Macedonia, Epirus, Thrace, The Aegean and Ionian Sea, and Asia. Much like how Unity had districts split in 3 sections, each Roman State is divided into several regions. The map (sorry about poor quality) shows the region of Attica (Athens) from the Roman State of Achaea.

https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed ... han_rumor/
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:39 am

From the Origins thread:

Snowy wrote:I wonder if there might not be another like Black Flag - that came about after a brief sailing element to a preceding game iirc. There is a very cool little vignette in the game where you play Bayak's wife going to meet Pompey on the seas near Rome. You are in an oar-powered Bireme complete with ram, and have some nice sea battles along the way. It has a very different feel to the sailing in Black Flag but worked really well, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them do something more with it.

Here's my punt at the next in the series - it will be set around the time of the Iliad and the siege of Troy, with lots of bi/tri/quinquireme combat.

I was right then.

Could do without a lot of the content though - mythical monster battles? No thank you.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:10 am

Yeah, mythical monsters? I've only ever played one AC game, but my understanding is that the series at least pretends to be historically accurate. Are they just abandoning that now? I know Origins had some clearly magical / mythical additions.

Mournblade

Postby Mournblade » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:11 am

Snowy wrote:From the Origins thread:

Snowy wrote:Here's my punt at the next in the series - it will be set around the time of the Iliad and the siege of Troy, with lots of bi/tri/quinquireme combat.

I was right then.

One would think with the name 'Odyssey' that you would be right... so why does it say it is set in the Flavian Dynasty?
Last edited by Mournblade on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:15 am

Erk, missed that!

Mournblade

Postby Mournblade » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:24 am

Perhaps it will be an Aeneid variant? i.e. Romans claiming ancient Trojan ancestry and referencing events from Iliad/Odyssey?

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:29 am

Raid wrote:Yeah, mythical monsters? I've only ever played one AC game, but my understanding is that the series at least pretends to be historically accurate. Are they just abandoning that now? I know Origins had some clearly magical / mythical additions.

The AC series has been pretty fast and lose with history I don't think the addition of mythical elements is out of character.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:11 pm

So if it's ancient Egypt and Greece for the resent games, I assume it'll be Rome next. Then feudal Japan or Vikings after that maybe. Sounds interesting :-k

Mournblade

Postby Mournblade » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:15 pm

Well, according to the above info, time-wise this game is set in the height of the Roman Empire (70-100 AD), only geographically in Greece.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:00 am

Animalmother wrote:So if it's ancient Egypt and Greece for the resent games, I assume it'll be Rome next. Then feudal Japan or Vikings after that maybe. Sounds interesting :-k

Feudal Japan would be interesting, but not sure what they could do with the Viking era as there was not much in the way of large conurbations to use as a playground, at least not in most of Northern Europe.

Mournblade

Postby Mournblade » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:10 am

If it was in the Viking Era it would have to be set in Constantinople and the Byzantine Empire to be interesting.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:29 am

They have already done Constantinople in a past AC so I'm not sure they would go back.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:32 am

Norman's then maybe? They have a huge amount of options really. I don't play the AC games but I'm always interested to see what they do.

Return to FPS & Action